Thread: Bears fail to get Boldin

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Killer

Default Bears fail to get Boldin

Bears general manager Jerry Angelo tried to trade his second-round draft pick to the Cardinals for Pro Bowl WR Anquan Boldin on Saturday, the Chicago Sun-Times reports.
    The Cardinals initially were looking for a first- and a third-round pick for Boldin, but they were believed to have softened their stance. But it appears the 49th overall selection wasn’t enough to entice Arizona to deal Boldin. The Bears didn’t have a 2010 first-round pick to dangle, either, because of the Jay Cutler trade.
    Angelo indicated there was no deal forthcoming for Boldin, according to the Sun-Times:
    • “I would assume [trade talks are dead],” Angelo said. “If it was going to happen, it would happen [Saturday]. How motivated they were or weren’t — they came out [asking for] a one and a three and there were things that I read, so I really don’t know what their thinking was.

• “We’re always going to do our due diligence.”
    The Sun-Times reports the Bears were looking for Brian Robiskie at No. 49, then traded out of the round after the Browns took the Ohio State wide receiver at No. 36.

http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/04/26/bear...get-wr-boldin/

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Killer

WOW...Cutler almost had a top 5 WR...

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Good on the Cards for keeping him. Once they let Edgerrin James go, they'll have some more room under the cap. He's got a pretty high cap number. Fitz and Warner also said they'd restructure their contracts to help keep Boldin in Phoenix. Could you imagine Warner with Beanie Wells in the backfield and still throwing to Fitz and Boldin? Yikes.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

4. The Following User High Fived SR For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

Quote Originally Posted by SeeingRed View Post
    Good on the Cards for keeping him. Once they let Edgerrin James go, they'll have some more room under the cap. He's got a pretty high cap number. Fitz and Warner also said they'd restructure their contracts to help keep Boldin in Phoenix. Could you imagine Warner with Beanie Wells in the backfield and still throwing to Fitz and Boldin? Yikes.
    I knew Arizona would draft Wells. What a great fit. I think that would have been enought to let them win the Super Bowl. (if they had him)

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Killer

Quote Originally Posted by atwater27 View Post
    I knew Arizona would draft Wells. What a great fit. I think that would have been enought to let them win the Super Bowl. (if they had him)

One tackle to James Harrison would have won them the SB..Maybe Beanie would have made it?

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by atwater27 View Post
    I had a feeling they'd snag him if he fell that far. Fortunately they got him.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

Adopted Bronco:
    broncos_mtnman

Who is the Bears TE? I hope Cutler becomes good friends with him, because all the dump off's he is going to be doing should make them close....maybe they can be roomates.

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Killer

Quote Originally Posted by Watchthemiddle View Post

Who is the Bears TE? I hope Cutler becomes good friends with him, because all the dump off's he is going to be doing should make them close....maybe they can be roomates.
    Something olsen...He is pretty good..Cutler is going to make him better...

They need a lot more than that....Cutler is going to wish he stayed in Denver after 3-4 years...

Adopted Bronco:
    Knowshon Moreno

What happened to having comparable weapons to Marshall, Royal, Scheff, Graham, and Stokely? They try to trade for Boldin and then end up drafting 3 WRs.
    I NO LONGER support Rahim Moore.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information