Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: So what does Day 1 of Draft tells us about the team?

This year's draft tells me that the front office has no sense of value for draft picks. At the present the draft looks like a series of reaches and unnecessary moves upward.

Just wondering if anyone else thinks that the receiver we drafted is an attempt to get rid of "the slot machine" (Brandan Stokley)? He sided with Cutler in an interview. Will he be gone?
    Last edited by Dean; 04-26-2009 at 02:53 PM.
    RIP Cameron, D, & D

2. The Following 3 Users High Fived Dean For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    I expect a lot from my MLB, and haven't been seeing it recently. I look at it much as I do the 3-4 NT slot: You almost need to have two starting quality players because you can't afford to have a scrub sub for your starter if he's injured or tiring (as Baileys injury last year demonstrated.) Again, if we go 3-4 the ILB situation obviously changes a bit; the emphasis shifts to the OLB and you can have less versatile ILBs who do more coverage and are secondary run stuffers and blitzers.
    Andra Davis is a starting MLB in a 3-4. DJ Williams is a playmaker that has played MLB, SLB and WLB. Both Davis and Williams have had 140+ tackle seasons. Granted, that often indicates a crap D-line when tackles are that high, but it also means they are cleaning up the mess of the line.

ILB shouldn't be an issue. How well our small DE's transfer to OLB is the real question.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information