Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Thomas not sad to see Tebow go: “I wasn’t getting no balls”

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Adopted Bronco:
    KJ Hamler

Default Thomas not sad to see Tebow go: “I wasn’t getting no balls”

Posted by Michael David Smith on April 12, 2012, 2:56 PM EDT

Broncos receiver Demaryius Thomas raced 80 yards with a Tim Tebow pass in overtime against the Steelers to score one of the biggest touchdowns of the year in the NFL. It would also prove to be Tebow’s last pass in Denver as a Bronco, and Thomas doesn’t feel bad about that.

Thomas told the 2 Live Stews that he’s happy the Broncos traded Tebow and signed Peyton Manning because, for a wide receiver, playing with a passer like Manning is a lot more fun than playing with a running quarterback like Tebow.

“It’s a business decision,” Thomas said, via SportsRadioInterviews.com. “I ain’t going to say I was sad because the only thing they remember is that pass. You gotta go back and look at the rest of the games. I wasn’t getting no balls and you had to make some of these plays where some players were open and he is not making the throws, but I don’t want to talk bad about Tim, but hey I am happy we got Peyton.”

Thomas had some big games with Tebow passing to him, but Thomas is only saying what any honest wide receiver would say: Is there any receiver in the NFL who would rather play with Tebow than Manning? Thomas also hinted that he didn’t appreciate the way the media credited Tebow for the Broncos’ success instead of crediting the entire team.

“Everything on ESPN was all about Tim,” Thomas said. “That bothered some players too because they would say ‘Tim Tebow Time.’ I felt like it was a team thing. If it wasn’t for the defense most of the time there wouldn’t be no supposed ‘Tim Tebow Time.’”

And Thomas said that while Tebow is a good teammate, he wasn’t quite the darling of the locker room that he’s sometimes made out to be. When Tebow missed throws, people noticed.

“You would have people calling him out saying, ‘Tim you gotta make that throw. You gotta read the defenses better,’” Thomas said. “Players on offense trying to get him better.”

One thing we can be reasonably sure about is that in Denver this year, no one is going to need to call Peyton Manning out about reading defenses better.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ting-no-balls/
    DT said what many I know have been thinking....

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Lol, wait for it......

3. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Derek Wolfe

OK D. Thomas, you opened your mouth. Now it's time to stop dropping balls and getting hurt or maybe Manning will be happy throwing to another WR.

5. The Following 5 Users High Fived BigDaddyBronco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The Beer Girl

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyBronco View Post
    OK D. Thomas, you opened your mouth. Now it's time to stop dropping balls and getting hurt or maybe Manning will be happy throwing to another WR.
    Well, unlike Tim Tebow, Payton Manning will not have passes coming in like a "Sideways Punt"... Or "Tim Tebow Punt Passes".... Tebow underthrew most balls, and if they had any air in his passes, they came in looking like a Punt, coming from Tebows Arm... So I don't blame the recievers because the QB couldn't throw a spiral...

Our Place Kicker, and Punter had nicer spirals then what Tebow could ever dream of delievering...
    No Guts, No Glory

Quote Originally Posted by WARHORSE View Post
    Tebow is a virgin.

7. The Following User High Fived HammeredOut For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Quote Originally Posted by HammeredOut View Post
    Well, unlike Tim Tebow, Payton Manning will not have passes coming in like a "Sideways Punt"... Or "Tim Tebow Punt Passes".... Tebow underthrew most balls, and if they had any air in his passes, they came in looking like a Punt, coming from Tebows Arm... So I don't blame the recievers because the QB couldn't throw a spiral...

Our Place Kicker, and Punter had nicer spirals then what Tebow could ever dream of delievering...
    You don't watch much Peyton Manning do you? Manning actually doesn't throw a very tight spiral and about 1/2 of his passes have a noticeable wobble. Yes, he's extremely accurate and puts the ball in the right spot more often than not, but his passes aren't the ideally "catchable" ones you make them out to be. Watch some of his millions of highlights of him throwing passes and you'll see what I mean.

If the ball hits the WR in the hands it should be caught, period. Manning should make our WRs better, but they still need to catch balls that hit them in the hands.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

9. The Following User High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by HammeredOut View Post

Yep He can't start. He cant win. He can't win consistently. Well...he certainly can't lead them to the PO's. Well he is playing a real D, the #1 D he will be exposed for sure. He can't throw over the middle. He is scared (as an anonymous Bronco official remarked) to throw over the middle. Just look at this duck!

11. The Following User High Fived jhildebrand For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by jhildebrand View Post
    Yep He can't start. He cant win. He can't win consistently. Well...he certainly can't lead them to the PO's. Well he is playing a real D, the #1 D he will be exposed for sure. He can't throw over the middle. He is scared (as an anonymous Bronco official remarked) to throw over the middle. Just look at this duck!

Tebow matched the total playoff wins Denver has had since the turn of the millenium.

Tebow wasn't the solution, but he certainly wasn't the problem.

This organization and Pat Drunkin Bowlen is the problem.

Let's hope Manning comes in and saves face for Elway and Bowlen.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Yep!

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

I am not going to read every post in thread to see if this has been posted. Here is a link which has a lot of the questions asked, and DT's answers.

http://sportsradiointerviews.com/201...new-york-jets/

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

15. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Yep, time to back it up Bay Bay.

17. The Following 6 Users High Fived BeefStew25 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by BeefStew25 View Post
    Yep, time to back it up Bay Bay.
    This is worth repeating when it comes to DT's comments.

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    This is worth repeating when it comes to DT's comments.
    I suppose, but I'll bet there will be a whole lot less dropped balls on the other end of Manning's passes . . .

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post
    I suppose, but I'll bet there will be a whole lot less dropped balls on the other end of Manning's passes . . .
    top....that's what the majority of BRONCO fans are hoping to see. We want DT to be a contributer on the field......leave the talking and proof on the field.

21. The Following User High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Glad to see a player finally validate what ive been saying all last year. Got tired of beating that drum.

23. The Following 10 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Wow, he went to college? I ain't got no balls.

What does he expect too he was injured half the season with his Achilles.

Better not be starting the pre-Madonna WR ego crap now. Decker seems a lot more humble since being interviewed post Tebow.

25. The Following User High Fived NightTerror218 For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information