Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast

Thread: Thomas not sad to see Tebow go: “I wasn’t getting no balls”

Quote Originally Posted by vLordChronicv View Post
    he really shouldnt have said anything. he should just have been "not going to answer questions about tebow"

but no he choose the "I LOVE ME SOME ME" route. Charlie Kassely just went off on him on NFL network.

Why even talk about your ex teammates? makes no sense what so ever.
    I hear this all the time... "what is there to gain by saying anything bad about an ex-teammate?" Of course, you only hear this from those that are fans of the ex-teammate. But then, what is there to "gain" by saying something positive?? It has NOTHING to do with "gaining" anything and is purely a guy answering questions that he's asked, and doing it honestly.

You have to also take into consideration that DT and the rest of the team, have been asked about Tebow 10,000000000 times since he was added to the roster. DT didn't say anything when Tebow was here, but probably WANTED to. Remember, Brandon Lloyd said something on his way out about Tebow as well. I think its pretty safe to say, that DT knew (or felt rather) that he was pretty much speaking for a LOT of guys in the locker room. Saying things they couldn't say before, because Tebow was in the locker room. Give him credit for "keeping things in the locker room" when it mattered.

But you asked "why talk about an ex-teammate?" Because he was asked...again... just as he was asked last week, and the week before, and the week before, and last year... and all last season.. and the season before. After a while you just want to say "Hey, being a receiver wasn't great..." and it probably felt good to finally say it.
    Last edited by Ravage!!!; 04-14-2012 at 09:51 AM.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

2. The Following 7 Users High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    Dang - if DT was ripping TT's character, etc., that would be one thing - but he is not. He is talking about how it was for him as a receiver, with TT at QB. Why did Lloyd want to be traded? I liked TT, but unless he makes a lot of improvement, he will never be a consistent winning QB.
    This is the post that needs to be read over and over again by everyone. DT didn't say ANYTHING bad about Tebow, but because he didn't sing his praises, and put him in the most POSITIVE of lights... the Tebownites will rain down the fire and brimstone.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

4. The Following 3 Users High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    I hear this all the time... "what is there to gain by saying anything bad about an ex-teammate?" Of course, you only hear this from those that are fans of the ex-teammate. But then, what is there to "gain" by saying something positive?? It has NOTHING to do with "gaining" anything and is purely a guy answering questions that he's asked, and doing it honestly.

You have to also take into consideration that DT and the rest of the team, have been asked about Tebow 10,000000000 times since he was added to the roster. DT didn't say anything when Tebow was here, but probably WANTED to. Remember, Brandon Lloyd said something on his way out about Tebow as well. I think its pretty safe to say, that DT knew (or felt rather) that he was pretty much speaking for a LOT of guys in the locker room. Saying things they couldn't say before, because Tebow was in the locker room. Give him credit for "keeping things in the locker room" when it mattered.

By you ask "why talk about an ex-teammate?" Because he was asked...again... just as he was asked last week, and the week before, and the week before, and last year... and all last season.. and the season before. After a while you just want to say "Hey, being a receiver wasn't great..." and it probably felt good to finally say it.
    Not necessarily! If Rod Smith would have come out and said this, then we would have all shook our heads in agreement that Tim needs work. I have an issue with DT because he hasn't proven anything at becoming a great WO and has been inconsistent when on the field. Sure, some of the blame goes to Tim but alot of the blame goes on DT. I guess I would like to see DT be a better WO before throwing someone else under the bus.

6. The Following User High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Not necessarily! If Rod Smith would have come out and said this, then we would have all shook our heads in agreement that Tim needs work. I have an issue with DT because he hasn't proven anything at becoming a great WO and has been inconsistent when on the field. Sure, some of the blame goes to Tim but alot of the blame goes on DT. I guess I would like to see DT be a better WO before throwing someone else under the bus.
    I understand what you are saying, Nomad. But he didn't through Tebow under the bus, at all. I mean, did you really read DT's comments and because they weren't from Rod Smith think that Tebow does NOT need work?? Everyone knows that Tebow is not a very good passer, this isn't really news in the least...coming from Rod or coming from DT.

I don't see a young WR making a comment against a great QB. He and Tim were drafted in the first round of the same class. I personally don't think DT has to be a great WR to have an opinion on catching balls Tebow, when he's a starting receiver for the team that caught passes from Tebow. Interviewers are coming to HIM because he has experience catching balls from Tim. The validity of his comments aren't diminished because he hasn't proved to be a HoF receiver. Every player has things to work on. There is no doubt DT has things to work on, and I'm sure there are people lining up to tell us alllllll about them now that he said Tebow isn't the best QB to have if you are a WR that wants to catch footballs. Shocking to hear from a WR.

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

DT complaining about not seeing passes, regardless of who was under center, has as much to do with DT as it does the QB. The guy was a #1 pick and has been on the field less than Moreno.

He should worry about staying healthy. Some of the same people who criticise Tebow for not practicing in the summer should apply their same logic to DT. He should be less worried about interviews and more worried about working out and trying to give his team 16 games in a season for the first time.

10. The Following User High Fived jhildebrand For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by jhildebrand View Post
    DT complaining about not seeing passes, regardless of who was under center, has as much to do with DT as it does the QB. The guy was a #1 pick and has been on the field less than Moreno.

He should worry about staying healthy. Some of the same people who criticise Tebow for not practicing in the summer should apply their same logic to DT. He should be less worried about interviews and more worried about working out and trying to give his team 16 games in a season for the first time.
    BINGO! You've pinpointed the issue I have with this situation. I could care less if he is being critical of Tebow. Oh well, DT better produce or Manning is gonna rip him a new *******.

12. The Following User High Fived Nomad For This Post:

BINGO! You've pinpointed the issue I have with this situation. I could care less if he is being critical of Tebow. Oh well, DT better produce or Manning is gonna rip him a new *******.
    I don't think Manning will look his way often to be honest with you! DT is not even a decent route runner. Lucky he has his size to make up. My issue with the comments are two fold:

1. He has no room to talk when he can't stay healthy and stay on the field.
    2. It makes me worry about him as a player. How much of a distraction can he become if he has a HUGE season or a POOR one.

If it was Eric Decker or Eddie Royal or Brandon Lloyd then I wouldnt have much of an objection to the article. In fact, I wouldn't at all. But DT has little room to talk.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Eddie Gone: Eddie Royal leaving Broncos Due to Tebow Offense?

from article:

On 1043thefan.com former Bronco Alfred Williams shed some light into the situation. Apparently he has been talking with Rod Smith recently on the state of the team’s passing game. He eluded to the unhappiness that Eddie Royal may have played with under the Tebow offense. Smith shed light into the frustration that receivers have in playing with a QB like Tebow because he does not throw the ball with any accuracy or timing.

Here is the transcript from the conversation on 1043thefan.com:

Darren McKee: “You think Eddie Royal is dissatisfied and will go somewhere else?”
    Alfred Williams: “I don’t think Eddie is dissatisfied. I know Eddie is dissatisfied.”
    Darren McKee: “You talked to Eddie about it?”
    Alfred Williams: “I did not.”
    Darren McKee: “Okay, well, how do you know he’s dissatisfied.”
    Alfred Williams: “Let’s just say, I know.”
    http://www.mockdrafthq.com/site/2012...w-offense.html

AND - FROM SHANNON SHARPE

Shannon Sharpe: Broncos should bail on $10 million Tim Tebow project

article - http://www.denverpost.com/lunchspecial/ci_19264788

Both Rod and Shannon are GREAT former Broncos, both on the offensive side of the ball, and this was their thoughts on Tebow.

After Tebow was traded to the Jets, articles have been written that the Jets would create "special packages" for Tebow, i.e. just use him in certain situations. Yet, the Broncos bent over backwards to try to put together full game packages, and I am sorry, but IMO, there is NO WAY that this would be an effective PERMANENT offense.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

15. The Following 3 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Carol, it's no about being critical of Tebow, it's the fact DT hasn't proven anything as well.

17. The Following User High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    george floyd little

with TUTEN gone and a new training staff that comes from the same orgaNIZATION THAT helped him post0injury and thru the combines now in at dove valley, perhaps DT and others can perform at their best, regardless of who is under center.
    The guy was asked a qestion, he gave an honest answer, unfiltered, I found it refreshing.
    CAN WE PLEASE JUST SKIP ALL THE NONESENSE AND JUST TALK FOOTBALL?

Adopted Bronco:
    george floyd little

"I didn't see no english teacher, either" !
    CAN WE PLEASE JUST SKIP ALL THE NONESENSE AND JUST TALK FOOTBALL?

Adopted Bronco:

Carol, it's no about being critical of Tebow, it's the fact DT hasn't proven anything as well.
    There are reasons why - i.e. he has been injured a lot, and when he was on the field, how many chances did he have to prove himself - over thrown, under thrown balls, many running only offensive plays. Yes, he dropped some that should have been caught, but all receivers have done that.

Former first round draft pick Demaryius Thomas has dealt with more injuries in just over a year in the NFL than many players go through in a several seasons. First was a broken foot, then a re-aggravation of the foot injury. There was also an ankle injury and a concussion during his rookie year.

Then there was the torn Achilles during the 2011 offseason. And just when Thomas was set to return to the field early — he broke his little finger on his left hand.
    http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/...to-field/9734/

I would believe that he would have much preferred being on the field, rather than having all of these injuries.

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

21. The Following 2 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Nobody is suggesting that Tebow should have been given a 7 year plan outside of DMAC. However, many forget how many holes and depth issues this team had prior to him being named starter. DESPITE his flaws and issues he took a 1-4 team to the PO's. I would rather give him time to develop and see what he can do while plugging holes and addressing the depth through the draft and only the draft like GB did (47 of 53 starters on their SB team were drafted by GB) and deal with QB later. But I am not in charge. Elway and company made a 96 million dollar bet on a fused neck and Manning. That is fine and their right and I hope it goes well. I don't think it will be all blue skies and roses as many here seem to think

At the end of the day this is about a WR running his mouth when that very same person CAN'T stay on the field due to health issues. Hasn't shown better route running after an injury that has affected his speed (which would help him immensely), and has dropped game winning TD passes from the QB he said didn't get him the ball. DT is very much unpolished himself so it makes little sense for him to be taking potshots in an interview especially after that player has been traded!

How is working out goint to cure a broken foot??
    Bill Williamson:

"The Broncos went from one of the more attractive organizations in the NFL to one in total disarray. McDaniels will go down as one of the most reviled figures in Denver sports history".

Adopted Bronco:

I don't think Manning will look his way often to be honest with you! DT is not even a decent route runner. Lucky he has his size to make up. My issue with the comments are two fold:

1. He has no room to talk when he can't stay healthy and stay on the field.

2. It makes me worry about him as a player. How much of a distraction can he become if he has a HUGE season or a POOR one.

If it was Eric Decker or Eddie Royal or Brandon Lloyd then I wouldnt have much of an objection to the article. In fact, I wouldn't at all. But DT has little room to talk.
    And just how is he suppose to avoid injuries???? Injuries happen - that's part of playing sports. No better example than the Denver Nuggets. He could not participate in the combine because of a cracked bone in his right foot -

2. While working out just before the NFL Scouting Combine on Feb. 16 in Arizona, Thomas cracked a bone in his right foot doing what they call the three-cone drill. He had surgery Feb. 21, and in the 23 days since, he's been going through a gauntlet of medical treatments designed to get him ready to run for NFL scouts before April 15, the date teams have to stop working out players before the draft.

The normal time for a fifth metatarsal bone to heal and for an average person to be back running and jumping on it is at least 12 weeks. The medics at Athletes Performance Institute in Arizona overseeing Thomas' rehab are trying to patch him up and have him ready to sprint in seven.
    Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz1s2Q8UCdh

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

25. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information