Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Majority of NFL Fans Say Vick Should Not Be Allowed to Play Again

imo ..... i dont really want to see vick allowed to play again.
    now to the ???? at hand should he be allowed to play again ? i think i would have to answer "yes" he should be allowed to play but with stipulations and not right after he gets out of prison.

if he serves his time and gets out in lets say 2 years, i think the commish will suspend him an additional 2 more years with reinstatement. the commish is going to be tough on vick so it may just be longer. remember vick flat out lied to everyone including the commish so vick might just be the poster child for those that fib to the commish.

omac i understand what you are saying and its true, tyson and kobe situations were just disgusting. i never really cared about either sport so i wasnt one to call for them not playing cuz frankly i could care less. the part about vick giving money i think is pointless. i understand players dont have to give money to charities or their time and efforts to better situations but does giving make you a good person. vick lived a double life one that was an nfl star and gave to charities and the other that fought dogs. if those charieties knew about vick fighting dogs do you think they would want his name associated with theirs. id rather live a good life poor and give a buck that i can really use myself than make millions and give some to charities and be cruel to animals in the worse sense.

i think by the time vick gets reinstated into the league it will be a few years later and what team would want him????? should he be reinstated back "sure" by that time thou the game probably would have moved on and vick left behind to cower in the doghouse. the commish might show some sympathy if vick changes his ways now and in the future. but only if its an honest change, remember the commish knows he was lied to all this time and he might just tell vick "i dont believe you've changed"

pete rose is a prime example of gambling kap. he told the mlb commish he never gambled and lost the hall of fame cuz of it. now look at him he's strugling with his own consense.

Leonard Antonio Little

Human life destroyed, proceeds to drink and drive again. Still plays football.

Im not going to say that what Vick gets isnt fair to his crime, because I dont think he should play again ever.

Im just saying, punshiment needs to have some consistancy.

Adopted Bronco:
    Champ Bailey

Quote Originally Posted by Krugan View Post
    Leonard Antonio Little

Human life destroyed, proceeds to drink and drive again. Still plays football.

Im not going to say that what Vick gets isnt fair to his crime, because I dont think he should play again ever.

Im just saying, punshiment needs to have some consistancy.
    And he should neve have been allowed to play football again.............problem is that it's very difficult legally for the new commish to take action on an event that took place ten years ago................
    BFC.........D Will #27.............D Nash #29..............K Mc #11
    You'll Never Walk Alone

The Whiskeyteers ~ One for all, and all for more

he has been suspened by the league indefinitely. and the league gave permission for the falcons to recover bonus $$$$. they want 22 million back.

Adopted Bronco:
    darrell jackson!!

Quote Originally Posted by tnedator View Post
    no no no....
    what he did was wrong ''bad judgement''
    he's going to spend his time in jail take his suspension from the nfl and he will be back 100% healthy...
    There should be no reason he's not allowed to be here in the nfl....first time offender...

Adopted Bronco:
    Champ Bailey

Quote Originally Posted by broncos9697 View Post
    no no no....
    what he did was wrong ''bad judgement''
    he's going to spend his time in jail take his suspension from the nfl and he will be back 100% healthy...
    There should be no reason he's not allowed to be here in the nfl....first time offender...
    Bad judgement is getting in your car drunk...............first time.......

Bad judgement is losing your temper in an arguement and putting someone in hospital...............................first time.......

Being involved in organised criminal activities is waaaaayyyy beyond bad judgement.............IMO.
    BFC.........D Will #27.............D Nash #29..............K Mc #11
    You'll Never Walk Alone

The Whiskeyteers ~ One for all, and all for more

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Default I like the "Vick made a mistake" take!

Vick made a mistake? A mistake that lasted 6 or 7 years? Running over a dog in the street is a mistake, killing dogs for 6 or 7 years is not a mistake, it's ****ed up!

I think what these people really want to say (and don't have the stones to say), is that what he did wasn't bad enough to warrant a lifetime ban.....Because the "mistake" excuse is stupid (No offense).

If you think he should be given a second chance, just say so, but mistakes don't last 6years. If you knew your neighbor was abusing his dog for years, would you say he just made a mistake?

As for the topic....I couldn't care less what happens to Michael Vick.....
    Last edited by Simple Jaded; 09-05-2007 at 07:49 PM.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Rockwell Moreno

I think what he did is disgusting and like many things its a matter of degree and I agree with what an earlier poster said about it not being one isolated incident. Also, who says he has paid his debt to society? One year for this level of cruelty is a joke. The main thrust of his time will not come from animal cruelty. So, Im not sold on the notion that he has paid his debt to society. And to be honest, what he has done is so disgusting that he doesnt deserve to play again.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information