Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Julius Thomas has ankle surgery...

Oh well.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jacob_Tamme-1.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	82.9 KB 
ID:	1354

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

We got 2 players from the 2011 draft and the rest have sucked. Maybe Q Carter will amount to something, but R Moore and Nate Irving have been bombs..

Adopted Bronco:
    Jake Butt

Julius Thomas is tearing this team apart.

4. The Following 3 Users High Fived nevcraw For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by Dzone View Post
    We got 2 players from the 2011 draft and the rest have sucked. Maybe Q Carter will amount to something, but R Moore and Nate Irving have been bombs..
    there's no arguing Moore fell off, but Irving was hurt, and history says writing off an entire draft class after a year is asinine.

6. The Following 3 Users High Fived Jsteve01 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Jsteve01 View Post
    there's no arguing Moore fell off, but Irving was hurt, and history says writing off an entire draft class after a year is asinine.
    I also thought that Carter played great as a rookie. Had 2 picks in the playoffs.
    Jeez, some folks need to slow down and not write the whole thing off.
    And i warned everyone here about the punk-ass, primadonna, my-shit-dont-stink, moore.

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived SOCALORADO. For This Post:

The curse of Xanders strikes again. I wish Julius the best in his new life.

Adopted Bronco:
    Netane Muti

Orange Julius will be back

Adopted Bronco:
    Quan Cosby

zombie julius will destroy us all

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

Yeah, we are still waiting for Ayers to blossom and show the promise of his pick.
    Thanks MO for the wicked Sig.

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Pretty sure he did blossom last year. He's never going to be a 10 sack guy. He does tremendous work in the run game and had the multi sack game at the end of the year.

14. The Following 4 Users High Fived Jsteve01 For This Post:

My question is why wait until now to have the surgery? Everytime I see players that where injured during the season and now are just recently having a procedure done it makes me scratch my head. I remember the Sidney Rice incident and how he choose to have surgery so close to the season starting and it set him back in his career.
    Back 2 Back Patches on my jacket/ Orange Zippers
    Super Bowl 50 witness

2019 Broncos Pick’em Champion
    2021 Broncos Pick’em Champion

Quote Originally Posted by BORDERLINE View Post
    My question is why wait until now to have the surgery? Everytime I see players that where injured during the season and now are just recently having a procedure done it makes me scratch my head. I remember the Sidney Rice incident and how he choose to have surgery so close to the season starting and it set him back in his career.
    Because the advice from their doctor is "we won't know if you need surgery yet until we can see ______." They don't know, and the player doesn't want to have unnecessary surgery, and the surgeon won't do unnecessary surgery. So the player has to wait, and see, and then make a decision based on the progress (or non-progress) according to the surgeon.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

17. The Following User High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Pretty sure he did blossom last year. He's never going to be a 10 sack guy. He does tremendous work in the run game and had the multi sack game at the end of the year.
    Denver had better hope he hasn't blossomed. Base 4-3 LDE's who can chip in a few sacks a year are a dime-o-dozen, if this is what we can expect from Ayers he "blossomed" as a Sr in college.

Btw, Quinton Carter took horrible angles repeatedly as a rookie. He may tackle better than Moore but a fat, steamy load of good that does if he constantly has to make a u-turn to chase the ball towards the endzone.......
    Last edited by Simple Jaded; 04-11-2012 at 04:15 AM.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Denver had better hope he hasn't blossomed. Base 4-3 LDE's who can chip in a few sacks a year are a dime-o-dozen, if this is what we can expect from Ayers he "blossomed" as a Sr in college.

Btw, Quinton Carter took horrible angles repeatedly as a rookie. He may tackle better than Moore but a fat, steamy load of good that does if he constantly has to make a u-turn to chase the ball towards the endzone.......
    he looked dominant vs Pittsburgh, and let's not forget the ridiculous transition to 3-4 backer after playing tackle and end in college. I was happy with his progress last year.

20. The Following User High Fived Jsteve01 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

I think Ayers stepped up this last season and was much better at DE. He is great against the run game IMO.

With Moore, I am hoping that he improves a lot, I hope the benching at end of season woke him up that he needs to work on his shit. Carter got better at end of the season IMO, but he made a lot of rookie mistakes with bad angles. I am hoping with both of them it is a matter of game speed, and getting use to that.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information