Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: St. Louis Cardinals

Default St. Louis Cardinals

I know I'm definitely going to be in the minority here, but I grew up a Cards fan, even have an Autographed Ozzie Smith Jersey, and a couple old films of the great Bob Gibson and Stan Musial. I've found that it's hard to watch all 162 games during the year, but come October I love watching the playoffs, and not just the ones my team plays in. Well here's to all the great teams this year, I hope the Cards can take this one!
    "There's a box of Twinkies in that grocery store. Not just any box of Twinkies, the last box of Twinkies that anyone will enjoy in the whole universe. Believe it or not, Twinkies have an expiration date. Some day very soon, Life's little Twinkie gauge is gonna go... empty."

2. The Following User High Fived drewloc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

I have nothing against the Cardinals, but with Texas never winning a WS, I would like to see them win one.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

4. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ron Dayne

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived sneakers For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

I grew up near Baltimore and Philly and those are my teams, but I've always been a bit of a Cards and Rangers fan simply based on the locations my mom's side of the family lived in. Having lived in Texas for 17 years now, I can say I'm a Rangers fan (as long as they arent playing the O's or Phils). Most of my family outside of TX and PA will be upset about it, but...GO RANGERS!!

I'll actually be at game 4 on Sunday thanks to a generous friend with more money than sense.

8. The Following 3 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Lonnie Paxton

Saint Louis is a great baseball town! I was lucky enough to grow up with the 1982 series win and get to experience the 85 I-70 series (screw you Don Dinkenger)..and then get beat again in 87..2006 was awesome, got to see a win in my adult life..this go around is just unexpected but the fans here couldn't be more loud or proud! Love me some Broncos..but when it comes to baseball I'm birds on the bat all the way!!
    I hate baseball!

10. The Following User High Fived Broncogator For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    I grew up near Baltimore and Philly and those are my teams, but I've always been a bit of a Cards and Rangers fan simply based on the locations my mom's side of the family lived in. Having lived in Texas for 17 years now, I can say I'm a Rangers fan (as long as they arent playing the O's or Phils). Most of my family outside of TX and PA will be upset about it, but...GO RANGERS!!

I'll actually be at game 4 on Sunday thanks to a generous friend with more money than sense.
    How many baseball teams do you have?
    @Tnedator

RIP DARRENT WILLIAMS
    RIP DAMIEN NASH
    RIP BFC
    RIP Sneakers the Cat

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

I'm a marginal baseball fan who does root for my hometown D-Backs, but have limited interest after they lose. I am happy the Rangers stopped the Yankees from purchasing another WS title because it adds legitimacy to a sport where the largest market teams have the most unfair advantage over the smaller market teams compared to the other pro leagues. College football is just about as bad with its BCS system, but now I'm getting off topic.

I would like to see the Rangers win this year because they never have won it all.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Albert Pujols is a bad mofo when it comes to hitting a baseball!!!!

14. The Following User High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Don't worry, Drew...I'm pulling for the Rangers so go ahead and just get your Cards World Champion memorabilia now.

16. The Following User High Fived Broncolingus For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by Broncolingus View Post
    Don't worry, Drew...I'm pulling for the Rangers so go ahead and just get your Cards World Champion memorabilia now.
    How's it going linguis! I miss the bam boom bam!

Well this series has been entertaining for sure. Tonight is a definite must win for the Cards, I'm stoked, because all the experts picked against us for the most part. I love rooting for the underdog and it just happens to be my team!
    On a side note, I hope they find some way to keep Pujols in town, that guy is one of, if not the top, hitters in all of baseball.
    "There's a box of Twinkies in that grocery store. Not just any box of Twinkies, the last box of Twinkies that anyone will enjoy in the whole universe. Believe it or not, Twinkies have an expiration date. Some day very soon, Life's little Twinkie gauge is gonna go... empty."

19. The Following User High Fived drewloc For This Post:

That game last night was amazing, can't believe that emotional roller coaster. Easily the best WS game I've seen! Game 7 tonight!

Adopted Bronco:

Depends on your point of view. I thought last night was one of the sloppiest and poorly managed Games I've seen in a long time. YES...the players need to execute, but the manager has to make better choices when it comes to the bullpen.

It's hard to knock a guy that has been to the last 2 world series, but I've had a problem with Washington's bullpen choices for 3 years. he makes some interesting decisions

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

After Josh Hamiltons HR I said "Its over" and went to bed..LOL Will watch the whole game tonight...Go Cards!

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by drewloc View Post
    Well this series has been entertaining for sure. Tonight is a definite must win for the Cards, I'm stoked, because all the experts picked against us for the most part. I love rooting for the underdog and it just happens to be my team!
    On a side note, I hope they find some way to keep Pujols in town, that guy is one of, if not the top, hitters in all of baseball.
    I dont think there is any question. He is the top hitter today and the best in the past 20 years. He'll easily be in the same conversation as the greats of all time when it's all said and done.

As far as him staying in STL. They have the inside track. Any raise he gets is added to what they already pay him. Most of the teams that could afford him already have that position filled...(NYY, BOS, PHI). The Cubs could maybe do it and I think Epstein would like to make a splash and the Rangers oddly enough are up there, but they have some contracts they have to take care of in-house before they look at Pujols or Fielder. Plus, they need a pitcher if CJ leaves.

So I really think the Cubs are the only legitimate threat. That being said...I expect to see King Albert back in STL

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information