Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Champ Bailey embraces increased expectations following Broncos’ signing of Peyton Manning

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain II

Default Champ Bailey embraces increased expectations following Broncos’ signing of Peyton Manning

Although Champ is always politically correct, I found this article interesting.

Champ Bailey has warned his Denver Broncos teammates not to waste the “golden opportunity” they have been presented with thanks to the arrival of Peyton Manning.

The 11-time Pro Bowl cornerback believes Manning’s introduction gives the Broncos a genuine chance at challenging for a Super Bowl title, but only if the squad lives up to its potential and starts to adopt a tougher mentality.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...manning_040512
    2009 & 2020 Broncos Forums Pick'em King
    2011 & 2019 Broncos Forums Survival Football Champion

2. The Following 4 Users High Fived Canmore For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

You can just see the hunger in Champ's attitude now.

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

So excited about this team. Elway has done a fantastic job, and I hope... We can make a push in the playoffs. Champ deserves it.
    Thanks MO for the wicked Sig.

5. The Following 6 Users High Fived claymore For This Post:

The simple fact that Champ is still playing at a Pro Bowl level is a testament to him as a "Pro's Pro".
    He deserves a ring more than any other player in the NFL. And DEN needs to get him one, dammit.

7. The Following 6 Users High Fived SOCALORADO. For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by SOCALORADO. View Post
    The simple fact that Champ is still playing at a Pro Bowl level is a testament to him as a "Pro's Pro".
    He deserves a ring more than any other player in the NFL. And DEN needs to get him one, dammit.
    If he can last like Darrell Green that would be epic.

9. The Following 3 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mike Shanahan

Champ has always been a classy guy. Love his attitude. Even though Cllinton Portis had some GREAT years for the Redskins, I still wish we never traded Champ to the Broncos.
    Born and raised in DC....living in Denver. I love the Redskins, and the Broncos!

11. The Following User High Fived skins_fan82 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by claymore View Post
    So excited about this team. Elway has done a fantastic job, and I hope... We can make a push in the playoffs. Champ deserves it.
    Champ deserves a ring that's for sure. I can in-vision Bowlen holding up the SB Trophy and yelling--"THIS ONES FOR CHAMP!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    If he can last like Darrell Green that would be epic.
    If he can play the next 6 years he will be wealthy beyond his dreams. He could retire as the most highest paid CB. Has anyone seen the contract--salary he has received over his long career.

Champs stands to make $128.0 million from 1999-2015 over a 17 year career! Not bad Champ...not bad.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/denver-broncos/champ-bailey/

Quote Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
    Champ has always been a classy guy. Love his attitude. Even though Cllinton Portis had some GREAT years for the Redskins, I still wish we never traded Champ to the Broncos.
    I was sad when we traded Portis. He could have pushed over the edge in our Plummer years and got us further then the AFCCG. Too bad we couldnt have just traded away our 1st rounders for two years and had both.

But I love me some Champ Bailey. One of the most classy dudes that has ever wore orange and blue but is also an outstanding CB. Hopefully we get him that ring soon because it is more than deserved. This ones for Champ!!!
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

I'll believe the hype when I see it. The turmoil and investment better be worth it. We better not be a early playoff loser for a few years only to go back to 2008.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by wayninja View Post
    I'll believe the hype when I see it. The turmoil and investment better be worth it. We better not be a early playoff loser for a few years only to go back to 2008.
    What turmoil? What hype? It's only April.......
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

if you're actually being serious, i want to give you a giant man-hug-- but if you're ****ing around, i want to kick you in the nads a thousand times. . .

we know how much you like champ. . .

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    You can just see the hunger in Champ's attitude now.
    anyone who questions the dude's competitiveness simply doesn't understand champ. . . this has nothing to do with him taking the company line, and everything to do with him being a real leader-- he's sick of wasting his sweat and guts on loser teams, you can see it killing him every year. . . he was so stoked just to get a shot last year, this time he knows what the stakes are. . . he's just putting it out there for everybody-- time to be a pro and earn your money, we're not ****ing around in denver any more. . . ownership and the front office are all in, it's time for every athlete to match that. . . win or lose, champ doesn't want to be the only one leaving his guts out there this time around. . .

18. The Following 4 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    time to be a pro and earn your money, we're not ****ing around in denver any more. . . ownership and the front office are all in, it's time for every athlete to match that. . . win or lose, champ doesn't want to be the only one leaving his guts out there this time around. . .
    Indeed.

Adopted Bronco:
    Barrel Man

So now Champ's blessing is NOT the kiss of death?

Adopted Bronco:
    Barrel Man

He is probably the one guy I would love to see get a ring out of everybody. He's been loyal to the Broncos and is a pro's pro.

22. The Following 2 Users High Fived broncobryce For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information