Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Champ Bailey embraces increased expectations following Broncos’ signing of Peyton Manning

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    What turmoil? What hype? It's only April.......
    Is hype and turmoil banned in April? I must have this team confused for another that just signed the biggest FA of all time.

C'mon. Don't play dumb. We had the worst season in franchise history in 2010. We had a 'lucky' season and got to the playoffs where we supposedly had no business being last year. Now we are superbowl contenders. What hype? Seriously?

We traded away the most popular athlete in the world after a winning season. What turmoil? Really?

I know liking Tebow on this board is a bit unpopular, but I think it's been fairly solidly established that he was well liked by the majority of the Broncos fanbase. You don't put your second string QB on the cover of your periodicals in order to sell season tickets, after all.

I'll quickly become a believer and say 'what turmoil?' too, as soon as I see us winning and Manning staying healthy. I'm cautiously optimistic, but hardly as confident as a lot of others around here.

As for the sentiment of this thread, **** yeah Champ deserves it. I don't care what it takes, the dude needs a ring.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Default Please, the only "hype" I see in your argument is this so-called "turmoil".......

Quote Originally Posted by wayninja View Post
    Is hype and turmoil banned in April? I must have this team confused for another that just signed the biggest FA of all time.

C'mon. Don't play dumb. We had the worst season in franchise history in 2010. We had a 'lucky' season and got to the playoffs where we supposedly had no business being last year. Now we are superbowl contenders. What hype? Seriously?

We traded away the most popular athlete in the world after a winning season. What turmoil? Really?

I know liking Tebow on this board is a bit unpopular, but I think it's been fairly solidly established that he was well liked by the majority of the Broncos fanbase. You don't put your second string QB on the cover of your periodicals in order to sell season tickets, after all.

I'll quickly become a believer and say 'what turmoil?' too, as soon as I see us winning and Manning staying healthy. I'm cautiously optimistic, but hardly as confident as a lot of others around here.

As for the sentiment of this thread, **** yeah Champ deserves it. I don't care what it takes, the dude needs a ring.
    Replacing the worst passer in the league with one of the best passers on the planet is not turmoil, it's common sense. There isn't a single coach, scout or FO exec in the NFL that would think otherwise. Josh McDaniels started Ortom over Tebow, you don't think he'd jump at the chance at signing Manning after the way Tebow has played as a starter? Every team in the hunt for Manning had far better QB's than the Broncos, I wonder why you didn't hear about their fans whining about what it meant to their QB's. The Broncos just signed a garbage backup QB that can hit routes that Tebow still can't and yet one of the bigger discussions on this forum is drafting his replacement. Turmoil? Way to be, there, drama queen.

And if the Broncos got to within 2 games of the SB with absolute garbage for a passing game it's not hyperbole to say this team should be considered SB contenders, especially in the AFC.

This does not require your believing to be reality.

Btw, I like how 2010 is only Orton's fault when it suits the Tebow fringe.......
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

3. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information