Thread: My Final Pre-draft quick hits for denver among others

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Default My Final Pre-draft quick hits for denver among others

My final Pre-draft Quick Hits for denver among others
    Okay first off its no secret a RB would electrify this team and that moreno at 12 makes alot of sense. There has been alot of talk about denver moving up in the draft, but i do not buy it. I do Not belive We draft a QB high, and well RB is a possibility i do belive the Front Seven is priority to MCD as well as the rest of the defense.

With that Being said. I also Dont buy the hype of trading up for Raji, Jackson, Orakpo or curry. We should still be able to get a impact Defensive player at 12 in FS/CB Malcom Jenkins or a Elite Rb like moreno. Or a player we dont expect like curry, orakpo, or raji will fall... it happens ever year.

I also belive that Scott Pioli is looking at drafting Tyson jackson as they are not Only in love but Seymour was drafted at Pick 6, and many compare jackson to seymour. the reach is not as high for pioli as some believe.

So when i look at our options for pick 12 i have no doubt we can come away with a impact defensive player. I also Believe teams like the bills and Packers will be more interested in LT than any defensive player on the board, as LT is the second Premium position in the pros next to the Qb, and neither team has a legit option currently.

New Coaches Can also mean new Qb's so dont be suprised to see Sanchez end up in Clevland, which could drop orakpo and Raji further down as well as currry if KC takes Jackson. Oakland Needs A WR and Davis loves 40 times. I am almost 100% certain it will be a WR for Oakland at Seven. I belive Jacksonville will trade back with a team like washington as the redskins are in dire need of a OT like Andre Smith, that would leave Oher for the packers at 9and the bills ****e out of luck. San Fran would then have a choice of Malcom Jenkins, Brian Orakpo, BJ raji, Aaron Curry. BJ raji would be a logical Choice but if they feel curry could fit the rush LB role they could look at him for replacing manny lawson. Buffalo would probally end up with orakpo as they need A DE and orakpo actually fits the 4-3 much better. With the top tackles of the board and a bad trade up spot, buffalo is actually the team in no mans land.

As for denver we end up with a choice of 3 defensive prospects on the board. Jenkins, Raji, Curry all 3 fit our team and 2 will still be on the board come pick 12. so for pick 12 we are in a good spot. Its pick 18 where things get interesting.

many believe we need a rush LB, with crowder and moss rumored to be on the trade block, if thats the case guys like matthews, sintim, english, brown, cushing, maybin fit the role. its to early for a NT like brace or a DE like hood or gilbert and Peria jerry doesnt fit the NT role, its also likely the Rb we want is gone. So at 18 we actually could end up reaching for a guy like english or sintim or even cushing. but its a reach so again not to smart.

My solution. Call Indy up and ask if they want to trade up to 18 for peria jerry ahead of Tampa(a likely landing spot for jerry). in return we want there 27 and 59th picks. they get our 18th and 140th picks.

this would allow us at pick 27 to have better value for guys like hood/gilbert and even brace or a RB like Donald Brown, or even better if we really need a rush LB guys like brown/maybin/ english/sintim/ barwin become a steal or great value instead of a reach. this works out for both teams and is much more finacially sound for us, and gives us more ammo up to to fulfill the roles we really need filled.

For me its not pick 12 i am worried about its pick 18. lets not reach if we dont have to and lets be smart about our future plans. A draft of the following could be just what we need, to start shoring up the defense and begin focusing on other areas as well

1. FS/CB Malcom Jenkins or LB Aaron curry
    1. DE/OLB Larry English or a DE/DT like Evander Hood
    2. NT Chris Baker
    2. Any Safety
    3. DE/DT Dorell Scott or CB
    3. C Antonie Caldwell or RB
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

Three things

Doom is the Joker LB (rush) so Crowder and Moss on the block mean nothing. Plus I think Reid is going to surprise some folks with Hagan also an option.

TB has moved away from the Tampa-2, Jim Bates is installing his scheme with big DTs in the middle.

What this 3/4 hybrid needs is someone to cover the TE/RB in space. Right now Boss has the role but his health is concern but someone like Barwin makes sense since he has the ability to play in space and can rush the passer when needed. Unlike SD or Dallas, Nolan's defense doesn't play 5-2 type of defense.
    "We saw it…. the hussars let loose their horses. God, what power! They ran through the smoke and the sound was like that of a thousand blacksmiths beating with a thousand hammers

They rush on to the Swedes! They crash into the Swedish riters…. Overwhelm them! They crash into the second regiment - Overwhelmed! Resistance collapses, dissolves, they move forward as easily as if they were parading on a grand boulevard

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

I think KC takes a tackle or a WR with their pick.
    Thanks MO for the wicked Sig.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by claymore View Post
    I think KC takes a tackle or a WR with their pick.
    it could be, it could be they want someone like crabtree to be oppsoite bowe as they dont have much else after bowe, and gonalez there leading reciver for some time is now in atlanta. i dont buy the tackle route as they like albert there and from what i heard the ywerent upset with ther RT either. but it could be just anotehr team that drops someone fartehr down to us.

my main points is i think 12 turns out to be quite good value for us in the end. its 18 that i actually am very worried about. i dont want to be at 18 looking at cushing, maybin, or rey maluga, none of those are enticing and with the top 2 RB's possibly gone as well as jenkins, we could end up in a world of hurt having to reach, which has screwed us before see crowder, and moss. if we trade back from 18 we just have so many more options and much better player value that matches up.

i really do belive Indy would pull the trigger on this trade. they really are only some DL help and another WR away in my opinion from going the distnace again. Plus there run defense from there line is why san diego continually runs all over them come playoff time.

they have a very good chance in fixing that by adding the second rated tackle in the draft....

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
    Three things

Doom is the Joker LB (rush) so Crowder and Moss on the block mean nothing. Plus I think Reid is going to surprise some folks with Hagan also an option.

TB has moved away from the Tampa-2, Jim Bates is installing his scheme with big DTs in the middle.

What this 3/4 hybrid needs is someone to cover the TE/RB in space. Right now Boss has the role but his health is concern but someone like Barwin makes sense since he has the ability to play in space and can rush the passer when needed. Unlike SD or Dallas, Nolan's defense doesn't play 5-2 type of defense.

this i know perhaps i should have specified DE/OLB instead of saying just rush LB. reid and dumervil i think will be fine, but if eitehr goes down who do we have????? no one if crowder and moss get let go, that was my main point. if we keep both them a late guy is all thats needed while we see what we have during teh season and we can focus on DE, NT and secondary. if one of them is gone we need a legit back-up option to replace him around rd 3 or 4, if both are gone we need a early back-up option along with a late rd flier....

as for bates scheme i see 2 defensive options they will take one is DT, jerry is a good fit for them and bates scheme, and the wilcard if it isnt DT is michale johnson who bates would use in the same elephant role he drafted moss for, while johnson has work ethic issues he is a better prospect than moss, but he could get screwed again for the reach. my hunch is they are targeting Jerry very much for defense. if thats the case indy who loves jerry as well scores by trading with us. that leaves tampa to reach for johnson take a qb like freeman, or go a different route. regardless jerry has nothing to do with the tampa 2 scheme. he fits bates style just fine.

and i agree barwin makes perfect sense but at 18 its a reach, problem is do you reach for a guy like that who has high upside but high risk just like maybin, or do you trade back. if we do that barwin is probally going to the patriots leaving us crappy at 27, but if bariwn goes to new england there will still be guys like sintim, and english which become great value at 27 or guys liek evander hood and gilbert become very viable for DE and we look at cody brown or lawrence sidbury or phillup hunt a bit later, all who have been reported to look good in coverage but there edge rushing is a bit suspect kinda like boss bailey.....

good talking points

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information