Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 2012 Draft News and Notes.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by SmilinAssasSin27 View Post
    who cares? Ya go to college to increase earning potential. All else is just gravy. His earning potential is exponentially greater than 90% of his class at LSU. Good for him.
    Yeah, but it still pisses me off that I have to apy what I pay for my inteeligent daughter to go to college and these ******* idiots get a free degree simply because they can play football.

Oh well.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Yeah, but it still pisses me off that I have to apy what I pay for my inteeligent daughter to go to college and these ******* idiots get a free degree simply because they can play football.

Oh well.
    It's a catch22. What would the NFL and college football be if only smart players got a full ride?.......
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Oh well.
    yet we continue to buy the cable packages, jerseys and t-shirts, game tickets, etc. which supports these atheletes...

It's a fairness vs free enterprise debate. You are upset that the kids get a free ride, and I 100% see your argument. I believe that SOME college atheletes don't get enough. Fab 5 for example. How much money did Michigan and the NCAA and CBS make off these guys? Name on jersey or not, we all know the #5 is Jalen Rose. They make millions, he got the same scholarship a flute players, who brings no money to the school, gets.

I don't believe in fair and teach my kids not to expect it. Also tell it to the inmates I work with when they scream for fair treatment. Some folks get shit we dont'. We get some shit others don't. Such is life.

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by SmilinAssasSin27 View Post
    yet we continue to buy the cable packages, jerseys and t-shirts, game tickets, etc. which supports these atheletes...

It's a fairness vs free enterprise debate. You are upset that the kids get a free ride, and I 100% see your argument. I believe that SOME college atheletes don't get enough. Fab 5 for example. How much money did Michigan and the NCAA and CBS make off these guys? Name on jersey or not, we all know the #5 is Jalen Rose. They make millions, he got the same scholarship a flute players, who brings no money to the school, gets.

I don't believe in fair and teach my kids not to expect it. Also tell it to the inmates I work with when they scream for fair treatment. Some folks get shit we dont'. We get some shit others don't. Such is life.
    Intelligent people at a university are a dime a dozen....when was the last time they made the university millions! There's no comparison between an athlete and just some random student, so I agree with you.

Today's question about the Broncos comes from Bobby Jones in Texas:

Q: We all know the Broncos need to draft defensive tackles, but I really believe they need to draft a running back to contribute early. I've seen a lot of Texas A&M games, and Cyrus Gray looks to be a sleeper, in my opinion — good speed, vision and hardworking. Could the Broncos go this way?

A: Bobby, the Broncos already have an effective lobbyist on the roster when it comes to Gray — linebacker Von Miller.

Miller was Gray's teammate for three seasons — Gray started eight games as a freshman in 2008 — and when asked, Miller has consistently said Gray has the all-around game the NFL wants in a running back.

"He can do a lot of things," Miller said. "He's kind of that do-it-all guy."
    Read more: A&M's Cyrus Gray a good fit for West Coast offenses - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...#ixzz1rwZ4qATw
    Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Christine Michael was the A&M back to have before he went down, imo, I think he'd been right up there with Miller behind Martin/Richardson.......
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:

Michael is the better of the 2 backs, but his size and injury history are going to be question marks

9. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Michael is the better of the 2 backs, but his size and injury history are going to be question marks
    His injury history will keep him outta the top 3 rounds next year but I don't think teams will have a problem with a 215 lb RB.......
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Default Broncos checking out more quarterback prospects

The Broncos continue to send signals that they’re going to grab a quarterback at some point in next week’s draft.

They went down to Arizona last week to check out the tall Arizona State quarterback Brock Osweiler and they’ll follow that up with a pair of visits from quarterbacks at team headquarters this week. Mike Klis of the Denver Post reports that Michigan State’s Kirk Cousins and San Diego State’s Ryan Lindley will both come in to meet with the team and make their case for being a developmental option behind Peyton Manning.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ack-prospects/

I'm still trying to figure out why we HAVE to draft Peyton's replacement THIS year. I am still of the opinion that we use the draft to get him pieces he needs to win now and maybe visit drafting his replacement next year. Thoughts?

Also, I never intended for this thread to be solely about Morris Clairborn's leaked wonderlic. Feel free to post any draft related articles here.

13. The Following 3 Users High Fived Slick For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    I'm still trying to figure out why we HAVE to draft Peyton's replacement THIS year. I am still of the opinion that we use the draft to get him pieces he needs to win now and maybe visit drafting his replacement next year. Thoughts?

Also, I never intended for this thread to be solely about Morris Clairborn's leaked wonderlic. Feel free to post any draft related articles here.
    Agreed on getting the pieces around Peyton on the offensive and defensive side of the ball and hopefully plug in a couple solid Special Teamer's. Hanie and Weber are basically the same as those QBs mentioned that the BRONCOS are looking at as far as projects.

As far as Claiborne......I'm sure he can comprehend a playbook just as good as the next player and his play on the field proves he is very good at his job. I'm not big on gauging a player because of wonderlic scores.

15. The Following User High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

yes-- i hate the idea of burning a second or third on some kid to ride the pine for the next three years. . .

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Sure sounds like the Broncos will draft a QB fairly early, though I don't have a problem with it I would think they're passing on a player that could see the field a lot earlier at another position. I also think the usual suspects probably shouldn't be considered the heir apparent, the Broncos have spent the better part of the last 13 seasons spinning their wheels with inferior talent at the QB position.

When it's time to replace the QB they signed just 3 weeks ago I hope they do so by drafting a prospect in the 1st round.......
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded:1612945
    His injury history will keep him outta the top 3 rounds next year but I don't think teams will have a problem with a 215 lb RB.......
    I can promise you the 215 in the media guide is bullshit. I'll see if he put on a few when I go to spring practices, but the kid is built like a slot receiver

That's exactly what I think too. If Manning retires after this season then the whole experiment was a total disaster anyway. There's no point in pretending otherwise. At that point you just draft a QB with your #1 pick and go from there. Pretending that Brock Osweiler isn't a project is just delusional anyway.

If the guy is going to be an elite QB in the NFL it's going to take a while. SO, you might as well see what you've got with Manning, and then take somebody else next year.

They need to draft for right now, and worry about the future next year.

21. The Following User High Fived Cugel For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information