Thread: Slumdog Millionaire -- It's worth watching

Default Slumdog Millionaire -- It's worth watching

I was flying back from Germany yesterday and a friend watched slumdog and gave me a thumbs up and said it was good. Normally, I just skip indy-type films that get big Oscar buzz.

Since I was going to watch 3-4 movies on the plane, I figured I'd give it a shot.

I was VERY pleasantly surprised. It was real enjoyable movie, and a 'different' way of telling a story.

Anyway, for those that haven't watched it, I would recommend watching.

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

I agree. In this day and age where it seems like every story's been told, this was a cool way to have a story told in a new and inventive way.

I agree. I didn't know what to expect going in.. but after watchign it I was VERY entertained. I loved the unique format.. thought the idea of how/why the story is being told to be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    I agree. I didn't know what to expect going in.. but after watchign it I was VERY entertained. I loved the unique format.. thought the idea of how/why the story is being told to be cool.
    WTH. After this, I feel there is a chance of peace on Earth, Jamaica winning a Gold in the Bobsled and Kyle Orton being the next SB MVP.

Ravage and I agreed on something!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

The movie was entertaining, but what was with the choreographed dance sequence during the credits? Apparently that's common in Bollywood flicks?

I just didn't understand why this supposed oscar-worthy drama turned into a Britney Spears video.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I've had it for a couple weeks and finally got to watch it last night. Very good movie. Well worth the time and the buck IMO.

Chillies on his willy!

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

It's coming to me next on Netflix.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

Interesting t hings about the cast of this movie.

The Father.. of the young 9 yr (?) old girl in this movie, was caught selling her for 300,000... using the fame of this movie to get the most for her. Claiming that its common in their country for this, and that the money he could get was too valuable for his family to pass it up.

The couple at the end...the older boy and girl... are now an actual real couple and have been reported to be engaged.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    Interesting t hings about the cast of this movie.

The Father.. of the young 9 yr (?) old girl in this movie, was caught selling her for 300,000... using the fame of this movie to get the most for her. Claiming that its common in their country for this, and that the money he could get was too valuable for his family to pass it up.

The couple at the end...the older boy and girl... are now an actual real couple and have been reported to be engaged.
    Annnnnd the movie still sucks.

11. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

It was a nice movie though I expected more before I entered the cinema. Story line and plot was very meaningful and the cinematography was pretty good as you really feel yourself immersed in the utter poverty of slum-life in India. However, there were certain times that I felt bored in the middle of the movie but there were intense and very enjoyable moments too of course.

The child actors were definitely awesome!

Would recommend it if you want to watch something different from your usual hollywood cliche films and a very good reminder of how blessed we are here in Singapore. Inspirational film.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information