Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Ass Clevage in Avatars

Quote Originally Posted by KCL View Post
    I thought Grover posted you could turn off avys.Must not be able to
    I guess I misunderstood him.
    That's why you live in the show-me state.....

Personally, it's distasteful....I mean, how do we even know she knows a pic was taken of her? Poor thing was prolly just leaning forward and SOMEONE took out their iphone and *click*.

The only reason I've not said anything about it, though, is because I thought it was rav's daughter, and I didn't want to come across as being overly critical.

Last edited by rcsodak; 04-21-2009 at 04:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rcsodak View Post
    That's why you live in the show-me state.....
    Show me something...

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by bcbronc View Post
    come on, you see bare buttocks on prime time TV all the time. full buttocks, too, not just cleavage. we see front cleavage in avvies all the time. why we trying to discriminate against cleavage of the butt?

amen, brotha BC!

i think everyone knows where i stand on this one. . . . ass FTW!
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

I've been asked to remove the avi, and don't care. I personally turn them off my pics because some want to have HUGE GIANT .. HUMONGOUS pictures that make us scroll ten minutes just to get past.... but I guess if I want to deal with those, I simply have to scroll past them... or turn them off.

I'm not offended, but I find it hard to believe that anyone would get in trouble at work for my avi showing up on screen, when HUGE GIANT pictures of Brandon Marshall are just "ok" at the workplace. If you are trying to hide that you are on a non-work related site while at work, HUGE pictures of Eddie Royal isn't going to fly either. So I personally, (and am not trying to attack anyone) don't buy that reasoning.

Also... when picking the avi.... I seem to see bikinis, lingerie and underwear that show a LOTmore skin than the picture I posted. You see more than that at the local pool. You see more than that on the "Victoria Secrets" commercials..or the cover of Sports Illustrated. As I stated in 'post #5'... you see more than that when the plumber comes to your house.

That being said, I don't think the 'problems at work' excuse is valid.. not one bit. I also am a bit confused. If they are easy to turn on and off... why not turn them off while at work??? If you went to a restaurant that allowed smoking and you couldn't stand the smell of smoke, would you go there? Would you request a non-smoking section, or would you ask that all the smokers be evacuated from the building? I guess what I'm saying is, you have an option to remove what you don't like.

I've never worn an avi before, and don't really mind removing it. Its honestly not big deal to me at all. Like I said, I have them turned off anyway. But I'm confused as to how someone can/will complain about them when they show less than what you see on the local Billboards driving down the road, or on the newest car commercial on TV. If you aren't supposed to be on a bulletin board during work, pictures of Peyton Hillis won't please the boss any more than a cute lil tushy in jeans.

But.... no worries here. I think the complaint is a bit "conservative" for my taste, but to-which-their-own

7. The Following 5 Users High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Wow. As long as I've seen ravage!!! post, for about 3 years now, he's never had an avatar. I mean ever, that I know of. I noticed this little tidbit because when you seperate n00bs from long standing and respected members on these here donk forums, he's the only member of the latter group that has never used an avy.

So finally he picks one and gets a thread for it. Hey, at least it wasn't Victor's Secret.

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Since Ravage has graciously removed his avatar for now, here is the picture in question in case anyone missed it:

10. The Following User High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    Since Ravage has graciously removed his avatar for now, here is the picture in question in case anyone missed it:

Hey.. nice butt and nice tattoo

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    That being said, I don't think the 'problems at work' excuse is valid.. not one bit. I also am a bit confused. If they are easy to turn on and off... why not turn them off while at work???
    Best point of this thread....IMO.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post

NTL, just out of curiosity, how do you manage to shrink EVERY photo?

I made that sig for you and it was fairly good size...and then you manage to shrink Ravage's former avy, as well...

NTL has shrinkage problems...

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

I've been asked to remove the avi, and don't care. I personally turn them off my pics because some want to have HUGE GIANT .. HUMONGOUS pictures that make us scroll ten minutes just to get past.... but I guess if I want to deal with those, I simply have to scroll past them... or turn them off.
    What huge pictures? There is a limit on sigs, which I have tested in Firefox 3 and IE 7 that limits overall sig size (images and text) to the size voted on in the Town Hall discussion.

Please PM me 'where' you see these HUGE pictures and what browser you are using, so I can investigate why the forum limit isn't working.

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    What huge pictures? There is a limit on sigs, which I have tested in Firefox 3 and IE 7 that limits overall sig size (images and text) to the size voted on in the Town Hall discussion.

Please PM me 'where' you see these HUGE pictures and what browser you are using, so I can investigate why the forum limit isn't working.
    well... I guess "huge" is a matter of interpretation, perhaps. I know I turn them off, so when I have turned them on (like to look at my avi).. it appears that a lot of the signatures are HUGE... I mean HUGE... and when people have more than one, it really feels as though they take up half the page.

I will send you a link or something if I see what I personally find to be huge, but in all honesty I turn my pics off because there are so many big sigs (I did that at any other site as well, for the same reasons). But I'll do what I can to help out... maybe others aren't seeing what I'm seeing, or, maybe they don't see them to be as big as I personally do?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mike Leach

well... I guess "huge" is a matter of interpretation, perhaps. I know I turn them off, so when I have turned them on (like to look at my avi).. it appears that a lot of the signatures are HUGE... I mean HUGE... and when people have more than one, it really feels as though they take up half the page.

I will send you a link or something if I see what I personally find to be huge, but in all honesty I turn my pics off because there are so many big sigs (I did that at any other site as well, for the same reasons). But I'll do what I can to help out... maybe others aren't seeing what I'm seeing, or, maybe they don't see them to be as big as I personally do?
    Sigs are limited to 700x250 IIRC. Not particularly large at all. But there are a set of secondary political sigs. Maybe that's the issue. I have them turned off so I don't see how large they are with both a regular and political signatures.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benetto View Post
    Orton can't single left handedly ruin everything on O.
    We didn't lose the game; we just ran out of time. - Vince Lombardi

"I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."
    — Marilyn Monroe

Quote Originally Posted by pnbronco View Post
    dang it go drink some Fireball and find your own dang chicken....

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

If Ravage!!! has had sigs turned off, he might not have seen them since the relatively new limit on sig sizes went into effect.

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

I'm not offended, but I find it hard to believe that anyone would get in trouble at work for my avi showing up on screen, when HUGE GIANT pictures of Brandon Marshall are just "ok" at the workplace. If you are trying to hide that you are on a non-work related site while at work, HUGE pictures of Eddie Royal isn't going to fly either. So I personally, (and am not trying to attack anyone) don't buy that reasoning.

Also... when picking the avi.... I seem to see bikinis, lingerie and underwear that show a LOTmore skin than the picture I posted. You see more than that at the local pool. You see more than that on the "Victoria Secrets" commercials..or the cover of Sports Illustrated. As I stated in 'post #5'... you see more than that when the plumber comes to your house.

That being said, I don't think the 'problems at work' excuse is valid.. not one bit. I also am a bit confused. If they are easy to turn on and off... why not turn them off while at work??? If you went to a restaurant that allowed smoking and you couldn't stand the smell of smoke, would you go there? Would you request a non-smoking section, or would you ask that all the smokers be evacuated from the building? I guess what I'm saying is, you have an option to remove what you don't like.

I've never worn an avi before, and don't really mind removing it. Its honestly not big deal to me at all. Like I said, I have them turned off anyway. But I'm confused as to how someone can/will complain about them when they show less than what you see on the local Billboards driving down the road, or on the newest car commercial on TV. If you aren't supposed to be on a bulletin board during work, pictures of Peyton Hillis won't please the boss any more than a cute lil tushy in jeans.

But.... no worries here. I think the complaint is a bit "conservative" for my taste, but to-which-their-own
    I thank you for doing it, and I wish I didn't feel the need to. I ask because I have had a supervisor write me up for going to a forum and some girl was posting racy pictures like some of the avatars I have seen.

The place I work is pretty laid back but you never know who is going to say something about you having ass all over your screen.
    I got mind control while I'm here
    You goin' hate me when I'm gone
    Ain't no blood clot and no fear
    I got hope inside of my bones

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information