Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Ass Clevage in Avatars

I'm pretty sure I don't want to see anyone's ass cleavage - ever. Not in an avatar, not in Home Depot, not at Wal-Mart, not at the state fair - nowhere.
    This space available for lease.

2. The Following User High Fived gnomeflinger For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

Quote Originally Posted by KCL View Post
    I thought Grover posted you could turn off avys.Must not be able to
    I guess I misunderstood him.
    That isn't a satisfactory solution. I want to see people's avatars.
    I got mind control while I'm here
    You goin' hate me when I'm gone
    Ain't no blood clot and no fear
    I got hope inside of my bones

Adopted Bronco:
    Charley Johnson

A point too on "Boys being Boys" - we have a good sized number of posters who ain't boys here. We also have posters from a wide and very diverse set of moral and/or religious beliefs. All of them should feel welcome here IMO. I don't think anyone is proposing that we adopt some sort of Sunday School standard here, but rather that the standard be reasonable to most posters, agreed upon by most posters, and relatively easy to enforce evenhandedly.
    “What fresh hell is this?”

"A man who picks a cat up by the tail learns something which he can learn in no other way." - Mark Twain

5. The Following 3 Users High Fived Dreadnought For This Post:

I just think ass cleavage is disgusting.

I would rather have sigs and avatars turned on but I have to say all the smut that has been going on for some time now has me with them off.

Thought that was why there was adult opt in forums made so people could show off thier ass to anyone who actually wants to look at the thing.

Without me getting into a battle of words with people that I know are going to come out bitching to grow a pair and deal with it or some shit like that that is my only voice on the subject.

8. The Following 5 Users High Fived Rick For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by gnomeflinger View Post
    I'm pretty sure I don't want to see anyone's ass cleavage - ever. Not in an avatar, not in Home Depot, not at Wal-Mart, not at the state fair - nowhere.
    IMO...If it's in an avy...are you going to focus on it? Well you might.I guess I am of the mind that some of that stuff doesn't bother me but I am not in Thinkka's predicament.

Quote Originally Posted by KCL View Post
    IMO...If it's in an avy...are you going to focus on it? Well you might.I guess I am of the mind that some of that stuff doesn't bother me but I am not in Thinkka's predicament.
    A woman in a string bikini, that's okay. Someone's pants who aren't big enough and we see ass cleavage? Not so okay.

Quote Originally Posted by gnomeflinger View Post
    A woman in a string bikini, that's okay. Someone's pants who aren't big enough and we see ass cleavage? Not so okay.
    Well the ass doesn't look that bad... I'm pretty sure her pants are big enough but that isn't the topic here.

12. The Following User High Fived KCL For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

FWIW, I turn off the avvys for two reasons.

1. Many I've seen (not here, because I've never seen the avvys here because you kindly give me the option not to) are juvenile.

2. The pages takes less time to load without a bunch of pictures.

So, perhaps I don't deserve an opinion on this. I enjoy an attractive woman's backside as much as the next hetero guy but I guess if that's the most profound use you can think of for an avatar, perhaps it says something about the poster, not the viewer.

I have quite a bit of free time at work to surf (my job gets done on time so no lectures please) but my employer also has "Websense" a filter program which is customized to block certain unwanted sites and images. So, if my boss were to object to a particular picture showing up at work, I would remind him his filters allowed it and I can't be responsible for what passes through it.

But this tactic only works with male bosses. Female bosses are apt to act outraged regardless of how innocently the image appeared on your screen. So choose where you surf based on the sensibilities of your bosses.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

14. The Following 4 Users High Fived OrangeHoof For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    I would rather have sigs and avatars turned on but I have to say all the smut that has been going on for some time now has me with them off.

Thought that was why there was adult opt in forums made so people could show off thier ass to anyone who actually wants to look at the thing.

Without me getting into a battle of words with people that I know are going to come out bitching to grow a pair and deal with it or some shit like that that is my only voice on the subject.
    Great points Rick, and yes, that is why the Lounge was originally created, so there would be a place for stuff like that. If the consensus turns out to be that they should just not be confined to the Lounge, then another option would be to put a member(s) on ignore if someone feels their avatar is inappropriate to see throughout all areas of BF.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

come on, you see bare buttocks on prime time TV all the time. full buttocks, too, not just cleavage. we see front cleavage in avvies all the time. why we trying to discriminate against cleavage of the butt?
    If not me, who?

18. The Following 4 Users High Fived bcbronc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

Everyone cant be happy all of the time...
    Thanks MO for the wicked Sig.

20. The Following 2 Users High Fived claymore For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

Quote Originally Posted by bcbronc View Post
    come on, you see bare buttocks on prime time TV all the time. full buttocks, too, not just cleavage. we see front cleavage in avvies all the time. why we trying to discriminate against cleavage of the butt?
    Please don't take the title of this thread too literally. Its more about inappropriate avatars in general rather than singling out butt cleavage.
    I got mind control while I'm here
    You goin' hate me when I'm gone
    Ain't no blood clot and no fear
    I got hope inside of my bones

22. The Following 2 Users High Fived Thnikkaman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Charley Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by bcbronc View Post
    Perhaps in Canada, but its extremely uncommon here (I remember an episode of NYPD Blue years back, but other than that I'm drawing a blank), and not ever during Network Prime Time IIR. That is supposed to be pretty much the standard as it exists now. Doesn't mean that is chiseled in stone, or that it has to be.
    “What fresh hell is this?”

"A man who picks a cat up by the tail learns something which he can learn in no other way." - Mark Twain

24. The Following User High Fived Dreadnought For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnought View Post
    Perhaps in Canada, but its extremely uncommon here (I remember an episode of NYPD Blue years back, but other than that I'm drawing a blank), and not ever during Network Prime Time IIR. That is supposed to be pretty much the standard as it exists now. Doesn't mean that is chiseled in stone, or that it has to be.
    Again, that is why the Lounge was created in the first place - opt in if you want to see this kind of stuff - don't opt in if you don't. Sure seemed to be a very reasonable compromise to me at the time.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

26. The Following 2 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information