Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Ass Clevage in Avatars

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Let me remind everyone that this is in the Town Hall Forum. We are especially vigilant to keep Town Hall Forum discussions on topic. Please

2. The Following User High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

Quote Originally Posted by Grover View Post
    OK, I'm getting a little upset by this thread, so I'll try to calm down a bit.

First off, you can go into your user setup and turn avatars off. So if you don't want to "Risk" seeing a little unauthorized cleavage, then there's your route to success.

Second off, if anyone is concerned about their boss looking over their shoulder and seeing a little skin - stay off the freaking non-work related websites while you're at work, or if you absolutely can't do that, see option #1 above.

Third off, sometimes you just gotta let boys be boys, or men be men. That can include seeing a cool broncos tat on a great backside as far as I'm concerned.
    Relax, I'm one guy that has a problem with it.

Now, for your points. I don't have a problem with people putting those images in their signatures. I can block them in my browser on a pic by pic basis (based on the pics host). The fact that avatars are hosted on broncosforums.com means I can't do this since I will essentially be blocking every picture hosted on this site.

As far as turning off avatars, I like having them on. Why do I need to shut up and turn them off if its only one or two people that decide to have pictures that can be deemed inappropriate at work? Again, if those images weren't hosted on broncosforums.com, this wouldn't be a problem. As far as staying off of non work related websites. I get my job done on-time ahead of schedule. My co-workers and supervisors know this. If this wasn't the case, than I wouldn't be coming here.

Finally, there are areas of this board that were created so that "Boys can be Boys". I avoid them while I'm at work, and check them out at home. These were created to keep the football discussion an other parts of the board family friendly. That great bronco tat that you are referring to isn't exactly family friendly.
    I got mind control while I'm here
    You goin' hate me when I'm gone
    Ain't no blood clot and no fear
    I got hope inside of my bones

4. The Following 4 Users High Fived Thnikkaman For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    Let me remind everyone that this is in the Town Hall Forum. We are especially vigilant to keep Town Hall Forum discussions on topic. Please
    Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    Let me refresh your memory.

Afro whores. 2 sexy soul sistas featuring steaming 3 way back door action. Afro whores at 10:30, Afro whores at noon, Afro whores at 3:30, then you came on to the boards for 10 minutes and then switched back to afro whores.

Sorry NTL......Its from the movie Rat Race. One of my all time favs. Wont happen again.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

This is a fairly important topic. An example of the kind of avatar being discussed can be seen in the fifth post of this thread (Ravage's avatar).

The question is whether images like that (vs. Bikini clad or other scantily clad images that have been in avatars and sigs for quite some time) are going too far and should only be posted in Opt-in forums.

The more people that post their feedback on this subject, regardless of whether you are for or against this type of image in avvy's and sigs, the better we will be able to determine where the line should be drawn.

Thanks

T

7. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

I have a question for Thinkka...you say you're concerned about avys while you're working...were you creating your thread and posting about your "new toy" while you were working?

9. The Following User High Fived KCL For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

Quote Originally Posted by KCL View Post
    I have a question for Thinkka...you say you're concerned about avys while you're working...were you creating your thread and posting about your "new toy" while you were working?
    I was. The thing is, I didn't post pictures of my new toy until I came home.

Its not text that I'm concerned about. Someone that glances at my monitor that sees the word "toy" would think that it could be anything from a new putter, to a car, to the object that it actually was. Where a picture of said object would remove any ambiguity.

Like I said, I will go to the hot women threads when I'm home on my own computer, but not at work. And things like West's sig are easily handled by the image blocker that is in Firefox. If I use that image blocker on the avatar, it will block all images from this site. If I could handle this in a way satisfactory to me where it didn't effect anyone else, I would go that route.

Quote Originally Posted by Thnikkaman View Post
    I was. The thing is, I didn't post pictures of my new toy until I came home.

Its not text that I'm concerned about. Someone that glances at my monitor that sees the word "toy" would think that it could be anything from a new putter, to a car, to the object that it actually was. Where a picture of said object would remove any ambiguity.

Like I said, I will go to the hot women threads when I'm home on my own computer, but not at work. And things like West's sig are easily handled by the image blocker that is in Firefox. If I use that image blocker on the avatar, it will block all images from this site. If I could handle this in a way satisfactory to me where it didn't effect anyone else, I would go that route.
    People could just as easily stand over your shoulder and read w/o you knowing.

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

For what it is worth, Thnikka is not the only poster to complain about that Avatard. We received a few other complaints/questions on it, but decided it could stand for the time being.

This isn't only an issue for Thnikka, and I think that for his part he's already justified quite well his reasons for asking for it. His thread was in the appropriate forum. He shouldn't have to answer for where or when he posted it.

13. The Following User High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

In other words, we don't want other people's input to be squashed because they are afraid that they'll have to justify their opinion to the whole board. This isn't only about Thnikka, he just happens to be the one that started this thread.

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

People could just as easily stand over your shoulder and read w/o you knowing.
    Sure. Anyone on my network with the know how can monitor my port and grab any of the html that is sent to and from my computer and read it.

Its not likely that people are going to do either thing. I also have a mirror so I know when someone is standing right behind me. I also comply to the network policies laid down by my work.

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    For what it is worth, Thnikka is not the only poster to complain about that Avatard. We received a few other complaints/questions on it, but decided it could stand for the time being.

This isn't only an issue for Thnikka, and I think that for his part he's already justified quite well his reasons for asking for it. His thread was in the appropriate forum. He shouldn't have to answer for where or when he posted it.
    Never said otherwise NTL.I was only asking a question if you noticed.

17. The Following User High Fived KCL For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

Never said otherwise NTL.I was only asking a question if you noticed.
    And I have no problem with KCL's line of questioning. From what I can tell, she isn't chastising me, just trying to get a better understanding.

19. The Following User High Fived Thnikkaman For This Post:

KCL

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

Would it be feasible to have an option for users to flag an avatar as explicit, and give posters the ability to turn them off?

Win win.

Would it be feasible to have an option for users to flag an avatar as explicit, and give posters the ability to turn them off?

Win win.
    No, it would take pretty extensive custom programming, which would have to be retested and reapplied every time vBulletin came out with an update (typically, every two months).

22. The Following 2 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

Win win.
    I thought Grover posted you could turn off avys.Must not be able to
    I guess I misunderstood him.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information