1. DT BJ Raji
    1. DE/OLB Everette Brown
    2. DE Fili Moala
    3. S/CB Sherrod Martin
    3. ILB Derry Beckwith
    4. QB Rhett Bomar
    5. K Graham Kano
    6. DE Panel Egboh

good draft for the most part(especially the first 4 picks, seems a bit farfetched to get raji and brown but hey you never know), dont agree with a kicker but perhaps the comp would do prater some good. if it was me i would take Rashard jennings or andre brown instead of beckwith in the third. then i would take ILB with that 5th rd pick and take a seventh rd kicker perhaps.

good info though enjoy
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

2. The Following 12 Users High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    I will post the link below:

http://www.walterfootball.com/draft2009.php

below are Denvers picks in order:

1. DT BJ Raji
    1. DE/OLB Everette Brown
    2. DE Fili Moala
    3. S/CB Sherrod Martin
    3. ILB Derry Beckwith
    4. QB Rhett Bomar
    5. K Graham Kano
    6. DE Panel Egboh

good draft for the most part(especially the first 4 picks, seems a bit farfetched to get raji and brown but hey you never know), dont agree with a kicker but perhaps the comp would do prater some good. if it was me i would take Rashard jennings or andre brown instead of beckwith in the third. then i would take ILB with that 5th rd pick and take a seventh rd kicker perhaps.

good info though enjoy

I agree! Beckwith will be a wasted pick, he's a 6th or 7th round pick and plugging a RB in that spot would be my choice!!

I'm not sure if anyone remembers, but was it Beckwith or Highsmith that missed the tackle on Hillis letting him get the 1st down in the triple overtime game of LSU/ARK 07! If they'd made the tackle....game over LSU wins!!! Beckwith's injury prone and hopefully he stays away!

4. The Following User High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

I'm still amazed that people really believe Raji will last this long and that so many think he will do well as a 3-4 NT.

6. The Following 3 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    I'm still amazed that people really believe Raji will last this long and that so many think he will do well as a 3-4 NT.
    Im glad to hear you say that. Im not entirely sold on the guy.
    Thanks MO for the wicked Sig.

Adopted Bronco:
    Andrew Luck

He has had Raji in the top 10 for the past two months, but now he has Tyson Jackson going to GB and Raji falling. He notes for the selection that Denver will take either Jackson or Raji whichever falls. He seems 100% sure that Cinci will take a tackle. He also thinks San Fran and Buffalo (obviously) go Tackle as well.

Right now I think our only competition would be Green Bay. I also think Cinci goes tackle, but I don't think GB takes Jackson at #9 overall. I would be happy with either Jackson or Raji and I think we will get one or the other at 12.

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived LRtagger For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by LRtagger View Post
    He has had Raji in the top 10 for the past two months, but now he has Tyson Jackson going to GB and Raji falling. He notes for the selection that Denver will take either Jackson or Raji whichever falls. He seems 100% sure that Cinci will take a tackle. He also thinks San Fran and Buffalo (obviously) go Tackle as well.

Right now I think our only competition would be Green Bay. I also think Cinci goes tackle, but I don't think GB takes Jackson at #9 overall. I would be happy with either Jackson or Raji and I think we will get one or the other at 12.
    ...except there might not be any of the top 4 OT's available by the time Buffalo is up. STL, KC, SEA, CIN, GB, SF...any of the 6 could take one of them and I have a pretty good feeling that 4 of them will.

Either way, I'd expect BUF to look at Maybin or Brown if the OT's are gone, still leaving us with the option of Raji/Jackson. My gut tells me that if Capers has a choice between the two...he goes with Jackson. However...I just dont think Raji is made for a 3-4. If Capers passes on him for that reason...I sure as hell hope Nolan does as well.

11. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Andrew Luck

Personally I would rather get Jackson and Maybin and then take Brace. Like you said it is still a toss-up if Raji can be a dominant NT in the NFL. Not to say that Brace can, but I feel better about Brace at 48 then I do Raji at 12. Plus we would get a STUD DE and a STUD OLB on top of Brace.

13. The Following 3 Users High Fived LRtagger For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Personally I would rather get Jackson and Maybin and then take Brace. Like you said it is still a toss-up if Raji can be a dominant NT in the NFL. Not to say that Brace can, but I feel better about Brace at 48 then I do Raji at 12. Plus we would get a STUD DE and a STUD OLB on top of Brace.
    Exactly what I was thinking. I'd even be content with Baker/Taylor or Hill in a later round if necessary.

15. The Following 3 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

This mock is from Ourlads:

I likey.

#12) Jackson
    #18) Rey Rey

http://www.ourlads.com/2009nflmockdr...?MockDraftID=6

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by turftoad View Post
    This mock is from Ourlads:

I likey.

#12) Jackson
    #18) Rey Rey

http://www.ourlads.com/2009nflmockdr...?MockDraftID=6
    I like Rey, but I know we need Jackson. I'd prefer taking Rey first and seeing if Jackson is there at 18. If not...we go another direction. My biggest fear with passing on Rey is having SD pick him up and having to face him and Merriman on the same defense.

18. The Following 6 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Andrew Luck

I like Rey, but I know we need Jackson. I'd prefer taking Rey first and seeing if Jackson is there at 18. If not...we go another direction. My biggest fear with passing on Rey is having SD pick him up and having to face him and Merriman on the same defense.
    Yea but you could say the same thing about Jackson. If we were to take Rey at 12, then SD would undoubtedly take Jackson at 16....and I think Jackson is a better player than Rey.

I personally would never take a guy just so another team cant get him. I think Jackson fits a bigger need and would make a bigger impact than Rey.

20. The Following User High Fived LRtagger For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Yea but you could say the same thing about Jackson. If we were to take Rey at 12, then SD would undoubtedly take Jackson at 16....and I think Jackson is a better player than Rey.

I personally would never take a guy just so another team cant get him. I think Jackson fits a bigger need and would make a bigger impact than Rey.
    I'm not saying I'd take him in order to prevent SD from doing so, but when it comes to ILB's...something we need...Rey is a much better option than JL, McKillop, Brinkley, etc.

When it comes to DE's...I think the alternate options to Jackson are a little closer to his talent. I also think the odds of Jackson being there at 18 are better than Rey being there and if not...we can look at Gilbert, Moala, Scott, etc. If we take Jackson and Rey is gone...it'll be awhile before we look at another ILB with round value

22. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Andrew Luck

I'm not saying I'd take him in order to prevent SD from doing so, but when it comes to ILB's...something we need...Rey is a much better option than JL, McKillop, Brinkley, etc.

When it comes to DE's...I think the alternate options to Jackson are a little closer to his talent. I also think the odds of Jackson being there at 18 are better than Rey being there and if not...we can look at Gilbert, Moala, Scott, etc. If we take Jackson and Rey is gone...it'll be awhile before we look at another ILB with round value
    I dunno I think next year we will have a great shot at a stud MLB. Spikes and McClain are studs. I like them both better than Rey. I'm just not that impressed with Rey.

24. The Following User High Fived LRtagger For This Post:

I think totally the other way around.

Rey would be a beast in the middle from day one and for many years to come.

26. The Following 2 Users High Fived turftoad For This Post:

Agreed.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information