Page 831 of 863 FirstFirst ... 331 731 781 821 829 830 831 832 833 841 ... LastLast
Results 12,451 to 12,465 of 12945

Thread: Post Your Pic Thread

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

You're so fit

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Had a rally near my job today for Pat Bowlen day ahead of his recognition of his Hall of Fame induction at Sunday's game, and who did I happen to run into? Just my BEST FRIENDS STEVE ATWATER & ROD SMITH!

My work friends were nervous to bug them, but they were totally cool and apparently I lose my filter when I run into two of my favorite players saunter by and just pestered them for a picture. Atwater is still an imposing beast and Rod was cool as hell to talk to.
    hey wait that's bullshit. see if I text you again next time I'm in Denver. actually pretty cool.
    Last edited by BroncoNut; 10-09-2019 at 02:10 PM.

3. The Following 3 Users High Fived BroncoNut For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Got my Axis mount back last Friday.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5075.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	88.7 KB 
ID:	15203Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5077.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	4.3 KB 
ID:	15204
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

5. The Following 6 Users High Fived SR For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by SR View Post
    Got my Axis mount back last Friday.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5075.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	88.7 KB 
ID:	15203Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5077.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	4.3 KB 
ID:	15204
    Other than coloring, are there any differences between Axis and Whitetail?

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    I'm not sure

8. The Following User High Fived BroncoNut For This Post:

but black buck and fallow are much hardier animals

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Yeah, quite a bit. Axis are more aggressive, they're bigger (this one was about 215 pounds whereas a big white tail might be 150-175, and they're more high performance. They're grazers, like cows, so their meat tastes different than white tail that tend to eat more shrubbery which is where you get the gamey taste from. Axis meat is some of the best game meat on the planet. It's 99.8% fat free and extremely high quality meat.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoNut View Post
    but black buck and fallow are much hardier animals
    The ranch I shot that Axis on also has chocolate and white fallow and black buck.

12. The Following User High Fived SR For This Post:

Yeah, quite a bit. Axis are more aggressive, they're bigger (this one was about 215 pounds whereas a big white tail might be 150-175, and they're more high performance. They're grazers, like cows, so their meat tastes different than white tail that tend to eat more shrubbery which is where you get the gamey taste from. Axis meat is some of the best game meat on the planet. It's 99.8% fat free and extremely high quality meat.

Sounds awesome.

You think if I sent you some money you could send me some jerkey meat back or just some frozen meat?
    (I'm serious)
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

The ranch I shot that Axis on also has chocolate and white fallow and black buck.
    I was out there a couple years ago for wild pigs. saw a lot of black buck, fallow and axis during the stay. there's another, less rare species but I only saw a mount of it in the house I stayed at. forget the name

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoNut View Post
    I was out there a couple years ago for wild pigs. saw a lot of black buck, fallow and axis during the stay. there's another, less rare species but I only saw a mount of it in the house I stayed at. forget the name
    Yep. Those are pretty common out here on a lot of the high fence ranches. Some of the ranches will also have red stag, elk, different types of antelope and gazelle, wildebeest, etc.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    Sounds awesome.

You think if I sent you some money you could send me some jerkey meat back or just some frozen meat?
    (I'm serious)
    Next time I shoot one, sure, but I'm running low on meat right now. I didn't get any jerky done with this one and all I really have left is some breakfast sausage, a couple packs of smoked sausage, round steaks, and a couple packs of hamburger. I haven't cooked any of the backstrap or tenderloin yet, but I'm not giving that away to anyone.

I'm going white tail hunting in a couple weeks, so once I get that meat back if you want some we'll figure something out. White tail meat isn't anything special though. Not like axis.

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived SR For This Post:

Next time I shoot one, sure, but I'm running low on meat right now. I didn't get any jerky done with this one and all I really have left is some breakfast sausage, a couple packs of smoked sausage, round steaks, and a couple packs of hamburger. I haven't cooked any of the backstrap or tenderloin yet, but I'm not giving that away to anyone.

I'm going white tail hunting in a couple weeks, so once I get that meat back if you want some we'll figure something out. White tail meat isn't anything special though. Not like axis.
    Id like to try the axis. Next time you go on an Axis let me know and ill fund you some. Id really like to try it. Elk jerkey out here that some guys from my team bring back is amazing!! I can only imagine Axis is too.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Never had Axis. Living in Northeast PA for high school I had PLENTY of Whitetail. I enjoyed it.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    Id like to try the axis. Next time you go on an Axis let me know and ill fund you some. Id really like to try it. Elk jerkey out here that some guys from my team bring back is amazing!! I can only imagine Axis is too.
    Elk is phenomenal...probably the only thing I like better than axis in terms of deer. I'm going white tail hunting again the weekend before Thanksgiving too, so if I don't get one on either of those trips I'll probably stop through Bastrop on the way back and see if I can plug an axis doe for some meat.

Oh, Davii, here's another huge difference between axis and white tail. White tail grow their antlers seasonally and axis don't. Axis grow their antlers based on when they're born. I shot that buck in June and it was hard...no velvet. All of the white tail bucks I saw that weekend were all small racks covered in velvet still.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information