Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: How come I feel that we are in quicksand as a team?

Default How come I feel that we are in quicksand as a team?

Regardless of Manning, this team has a ton of other holes and some potential suspensions to deal with on Defense.

Where are the FA signining or even rumors. Brandon Meriweather (Thank God in Wash, nice job Shanny lol)?

I dont get it. Its not like we are the Packers, Saints or Patriots with talent on this roster right now?

It is very aggravating big time. I feel like the FO is milking the flukey year that happened last season.

What to you all think?

2. The Following 3 Users High Fived Medford Bronco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

I think this is what we should expect.

They will target 2nd tier FA and try to build through the draft.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

4. The Following 3 Users High Fived slim For This Post:

The shadow of Pikes Peak (aka the lee of the stone)
    Adopted Bronco:
    Wesley Woodyard

I think if we don't get off our asses and spend some money on much-needed positional upgrades other than QB then our QB situation won't mean shit to the success of this team.

~G
    "Dream as if you will live forever. Live as if you'll die today."
    -- James Dean

My novels Mason's Order and its sequel Mason's Pledge are now available at Amazon in both paperback and kindle versions.

6. The Following 13 Users High Fived G_Money For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Chris Harris

We have to remain realistic. We aren't going to get every big FA out there, and the others might be washed up or not worth our time.

Some of the best teams right now built themselves up through the draft. After last season, I am confident EFX can continue finding good guys to step up right away. All it takes is a couple solid FA signings (Ex: McGahee) and some quality rookies to groom and we'll be just fine. Its a slow process, but we can't expect every big name FA to look at Denver.

Supporting the Denver Broncos all the way from North Carolina!

Quote Originally Posted by camdisco24 View Post
    We have to remain realistic. We aren't going to get every big FA out there, and the others might be washed up or not worth our time.

Some of the best teams right now built themselves up through the draft. After last season, I am confident EFX can continue finding good guys to step up right away. All it takes is a couple solid FA signings (Ex: McGahee) and some quality rookies to groom and we'll be just fine. Its a slow process, but we can't expect every big name FA to look at Denver.
    They have brought in none. That is my concern None. nada zero.

I did not expect Mario Williams or a Vincent Jackson but come on.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Quote Originally Posted by G_Money View Post
    I think if we don't get off our asses and spend some money on much-needed positional upgrades other than QB then our QB situation won't mean shit to the success of this team.

~G
    Totally agree - regardless who the QB ends up to be - this team has needs - which so far, have not been addressed.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

10. The Following 3 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    I think this is what we should expect.

They will target 2nd tier FA, sign mostly 4th tier FA and try to build through the draft.

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    That means that we hope to get lucky. Brilliant. You can do that but should augment through FA, not run and hide like we are a value team like NE does. If we had NEs track record
    of being good the last 10 years, you can do that. We do not have that right now and have not for a LONG LONG time.

No excuse of not getting mario williams, imo. it would have cost ~$16M/year, which we could have swung even with manning. :/

**** Peyton Manning, he ran our boat into an iceberg then hopped on a Tennessee lifeboat filled with gold. Bullshit billonaire ***********

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by Medford Bronco View Post
    That means that we hope to get lucky. Brilliant. You can do that but should augment through FA, not run and hide like we are a value team like NE does. If we had NEs track record
    of being good the last 10 years, you can do that. We do not have that right now and have not for a LONG LONG time.
    i know, buddy. . . i know. . .

17. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    i know, buddy. . . i know. . .
    But I am the bad guy who hates Tebow. We need a reality grip and not hope for flying saucers and rainbows and lollipops to happen all the time.
    I like tebow as a person. Great guy and class act. He is not a good QB. Sorry. and please whomever dont compare him to Elway in 1983

Elway could throw a spiral and ran for his life and had the run run run pass on 3rd down offense with Dan Reeves and not real fast WR to help. Also 2012
    you breathe on a WR is is a pa flag. Back then you could destroy the WR. Just ask Lester Hayes and Mel Blount. But I am the stupid guy.

Please the pot of Gold with our option garbage crap offense is not going to work. Go watch old Oklahoma games or Nebraska games if you want to see
    college fake offense.

Well, spend this year on decent talent, or scramble next year to hit the cap floor.

I dont get it, we need to spend regardless, there were some decent names out there early, at least they could have made a attempt.

20. The Following 2 Users High Fived Krugan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Chris Harris

Quote Originally Posted by Medford Bronco View Post
    They have brought in none. That is my concern None. nada zero.

I did not expect Mario Williams or a Vincent Jackson but come on.
    We signed a solid safety today so there is some life at Dove Valley. I'm not disagreeing with you, I see the holes in our team too, I just think EFX prefers to build from the draft. Technically we are still in rebuild mode.

IMO, Looking at Peyton Manning goes against EVERYTHING EFX has preached, but I guess they felt PM was worth it. Ready for the Manning Circus to end so we know which direction this team is going.

Supporting the Denver Broncos all the way from North Carolina!

22. The Following 3 Users High Fived camdisco24 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

In a decade, we just haven't learned our lesson. It always seems as if just as we're about to turn the corner, then the FO stuffs their penises between their legs and inserts them squarely in their rectums. We had a pretty good defense for awhile, it went completely neglected for years and eventually collapsed because we wanted to focs on shiny objects that didn't pan out. We built a potentially great offense then traded all those core players away for peanuts and misused the picks acquired in those trades. We just won our first playoff game in 7 years and yet instead of capitalizing on the momentum and fixing what was broken, we got all antsy and started chasing a washed-up, injury prone, over the hill QB that at best might buy us 2-3 more wins for 1-2 seasons and in doing so have potentially alienated our young, hard-working QB who got us here along withn driving another wedge into the fanbase by forcing them to pick sides.

STOP CHASING BUTTERFLIES AND FOCUS! Improve the team where you can, but no more controversy. There has been enough of that BS. Recognize what EVERY FAN realizes are our real weaknesses and take action to fix them. Until we wake the hell up and start doing that, we're going to be doomed to be a mediocre at best team as we keep chasing shiny objects and getting distracted. How many starting QBs have we had since 2002? Five. We're switching QBs on average every two years. You'll never win that way.

Draft your QBOTF and get behind him 100%. Let him play out his rookie deal before you shit-can him. If it's Tebow, fine. If it's not, for God's sake draft who you want and ride with the kid until you have no other choice. Switching QBs every other year is getting ridiculous and there is ZERO consistency in our offense which KILLS the passing game much more than the QB himself. Patience, intelligence, and for Heaven's sake commitment is what this team needs. Until we finally settle on who we are and what type of team we want to be, we will continue to struggle.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

24. The Following 2 Users High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information