Poll: What will our Win total Be?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: What Will Our Record Be Next Year?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Adopted Bronco:
    GENERAL GEORGE PATON

Default What Will Our Record Be Next Year?

Considering Manning will be teaching his system to the offense, I think early on we may not be as fluent as we might like. But should get stronger as the year goes on. We need a strong draft, and some health. I hope for some AFC West games early on.

Opponents we must face:

Home: Kansas City Chiefs-Cassell, Oakland Raiders-Palmer, San Diego Chargers-Rivers, Cleveland Browns-McCoy?, Pittsburgh Steelers-Big Ben, Houston Texans-Schaub, New Orleans Saints-Brees, Tampa Bay Buccaneers-Freeman
    Away: Kansas City Chiefs, Oakland Raiders, San Diego Chargers, Baltimore Ravens-Flacco, Cincinnati Bengals-Dalton, New England Patriots-Brady, Atlanta Falcons-Ryan, Carolina Panthers-Newton
    IN PATON I TRUST.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

I said 11, but only to tone down the enthusiasm. Bear in mind, this is regular season win total, add wins to the SB.

3. The Following 3 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain II

Quote Originally Posted by WARHORSE View Post
    Considering Manning will be teaching his system to the offense, I think early on we may not be as fluent as we might like. But should get stronger as the year goes on. We need a strong draft, and some health. I hope for some AFC West games early on.

Opponents we must face:

Home: Kansas City Chiefs-Cassell, Oakland Raiders-Palmer, San Diego Chargers-Rivers, Cleveland Browns-McCoy?, Pittsburgh Steelers-Big Ben, Houston Texans-Schaub, New Orleans Saints-Brees, Tampa Bay Buccaneers-Freeman
    Away: Kansas City Chiefs, Oakland Raiders, San Diego Chargers, Baltimore Ravens-Flacco, Cincinnati Bengals-Dalton, New England Patriots-Brady, Atlanta Falcons-Ryan, Carolina Panthers-Newton
    As early as it is and not knowing the final product makes this difficult. I'm sure there will be some growing pains early. With that said I feel we are a 10 or 11 win team with the schedule we are facing. I picked 10-6.
    2009 & 2020 Broncos Forums Pick'em King
    2011 & 2019 Broncos Forums Survival Football Champion

5. The Following User High Fived Canmore For This Post:

i wont answer until after the draft. I think I like how this is going, but there are some moves and things that im like wtf? So. I cant say until after the draft.

But to humor this thread, assuming there was no draft for any team and we just finished FA and went into reg season, id say 9-7 and first round loss in playoffs.

We have a god awful schedule this year. Here is the thing with this team, and why i want to wait until draft.

If you put our offense on the field and then lined up our defense against them, and then took a diamond and placed it right in the middle of the line of scrimmage, that is where I have major Major concerns. So for the visually impaired, that would be both DT positions and LBs and Center and G and FB......im not worried about receivers, if we sign dallas clark I will be pissed. RB is fine, QB ok too...defense, on the edges I like our team but LB and DT scare the piss out of me. Depending on how we draft, we could go up to 12-13 wins.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

The only major hurtles I see Denver facing is the Patriots, Steelers, Baltimore, Texans and MAYBE Cinici. Other than that, you guys have a week ass division, ESPECIALLY with Manning at the helm.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

16-3

13 regular season wins, one divisional round win, one conference championship win. . . and the whole ****in' enchilada, baby!

cut that meat!!

9. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ricky Nattiel

Anyone going to take in the account that Manning may not finish the season?

WAY too many question marks for me to think double digits... God forbid Manning gets hurt Denver is the new winless Indy...

11. The Following User High Fived Bullgator For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by Bullgator View Post
    Anyone going to take in the account that Manning may not finish the season?

WAY too many question marks for me to think double digits... God forbid Manning gets hurt Denver is the new winless Indy...
    You would say some stupid shit.

And no, you don't take that in to account because that would be worst case scenario and you always think best case in conversations like this.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived SR For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

My guess is 9-7 just because of the question marks up the middle on defense. I'd like to think that with this team Peyton is the difference between a lucky 8-8 and a legit 11-5 or 12-4 but defense worries me.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived SR For This Post:

Default 7±1 wins; Lowered Expectations Worked for Me Last Year

I love how people think Manning magically filled a dozen or so big holes. Hopefully, Porter is a big upgrade over Goodman (not that that's saying much,) but otherwise we're pretty much the same team that was 4-12 two years ago and started 1-4 last year. People can sneer at Tebow as much as they like, but the fact remains we went 7-4 with him at the helm, 8-5 if we count the playoffs. I don't see Manning doing much better, since he can't duck out of a tackle and run for 20 yards every time Franklin whiffs a block, Clady decides he doesn't want another holding penalty, or a defender runs over Beadles/Walton.

The AFC West should be better (with the possible exception of SD,) and we have a first place schedule. I don't expect more than wins against the weak AFCN/NFCS team and breaking even (with luck) in the Division. Obviously, that's subject to change if we strike draft gold three or four times, but otherwise I'm settled in hoping we find a solid young replacement for Manning when he retires in two years (even though no young QB in his right mind would get near Denver now; we only want proven HoFers,) because that's the earliest I expect a title contender.

I know Manning is (or was) an exceptional QB who put up 14 win seasons in Indy, but I also know Ryan Lilja's in KC, Jeff Saturday's in Baltimore, and Reggie Wayne's still in Indy. Clark's still available, and four years younger than Manning; maybe if we sign him, then lure Edgerrin James and Marvin Harrison out of retirement, we can go from the youngest to oldest team in the league. Then we're only a time machine and Tony Dungy defense away from winning 1 Super Bowl in ten years. Most of the time we'd have to settle for one and done, and only get that win because we faced Denvers awful pass def—oh... crap....

I hate to be a Debbie Downer, but a reality check is clearly needed and will probably come no later than Halloween. Quarterbacks are not panaceas, and great ones don't turn losers into champs; I thought I left that idea back in junior high, but Elway should know better. With our line, I'll count this season a win if Manning finishes every game, but we had to make McGahee an "every down back" because we HAVE no one else (though I still like Johnson) and if Thomas recovered from dropsy, he infected Decker first. We still have no pass coverage deep or over the middle, and lost our only effective defender against runs up the gut.

We got lots o' problems Peyton Manning can't solve, some of which jeopardize his ability to move under his own power, let alone win games. We have a long way to go, and dropping $20 million/year on a guy who'll be retired before we can assemble any support for him was a step in the wrong direction, however good it felt at the time.
    Last edited by Joel; 03-28-2012 at 06:44 AM.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

17. The Following 3 Users High Fived Joel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Karl Mecklenburg, Tom Jackson, and Rulon Jones

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    I love how people think Manning magically filled a dozen or so big holes. Hopefully, Porter is a big upgrade over Goodman (not that that's saying much,) but otherwise we're pretty much the same team that was 4-12 two years ago and started 1-4 last year. People can sneer at Tebow as much as they like, but the fact remains we went 7-4 with him at the helm, 8-5 if we count the playoffs. I don't see Manning doing much better, since he can't duck out of a tackle and run for 20 yards every time Franklin whiffs a block, Clady decides he doesn't want another holding penalty, or a defender runs over Beadles/Walton.

The AFC West should be better (with the possible exception of SD,) and we have a first place schedule. I don't expect more than wins against the weak AFCN/NFCS team and breaking even (with luck) in the Division. Obviously, that's subject to change if we strike draft gold three or four times, but otherwise I'm settled in hoping we find a solid young replacement for Manning when he retires in two years (even though no young QB in his right mind would get near Denver now; we only want proven HoFers,) because that's the earliest I expect a title contender.

I know Manning is (or was) an exceptional QB who put up 14 win seasons in Indy, but I also know Ryan Lilja's in KC, Jeff Saturday's in Baltimore, and Reggie Wayne's still in Indy. Clark's still available, and four years younger than Manning; maybe if we sign him, then lure Edgerrin James and Marvin Harrison out of retirement, we can go from the youngest to oldest team in the league. Then we're only a time machine and Tony Dungy defense away from winning 1 Super Bowl in ten years. Most of the time we'd have to settle for one and done, and only get that win because we faced Denvers awful pass def—oh... crap....

I hate to be a Debbie Downer, but a reality check is clearly needed and will probably come no later than Halloween. Quarterbacks are not panaceas, and great ones don't turn losers into champs; I thought I left that idea back in junior high, but Elway should know better. With our line, I'll count this season a win if Manning finishes every game, but we had to make McGahee an "every down back" because we HAVE no one else (though I still like Johnson) and if Thomas recovered from dropsy, he infected Decker first. We still have no pass coverage deep or over the middle, and lost our only effective defender against runs up the gut.

We got lots o' problems Peyton Manning can't solve, some of which jeopardize his ability to move under his own power, let alone win games. We have a long way to go, and dropping $20 million/year on a guy who'll be retired before we can assemble any support for him was a step in the wrong direction, however good it felt at the time.
    I agree to a certain extent, but in my opinion, I EXPECT a playoff berth and better. If we don't then this is all for nothing and we GAVE away a future legend. All I have been hearing on this board and from the organization, is that manning is going to get us to the promised land. It better happen or there will be a mutiny .....

I am actually glad we don't face the Jets this year, it would have been embarrassing to lose to them .....

JMO

(see what I did ... I said it all without using the "T" word .... )
    I have been a fan since 1960....
    Democracy.. Is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.
    Liberty ... Is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. -- Benjamin Franklin
    bronconut/AGap "im just...being an ass rjent."

19. The Following User High Fived rjent For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by rjent View Post
    I agree to a certain extent, but in my opinion, I EXPECT a playoff berth and better. If we don't then this is all for nothing and we GAVE away a future legend. All I have been hearing on this board and from the organization, is that manning is going to get us to the promised land. It better happen or there will be a mutiny .....

I am actually glad we don't face the Jets this year, it would have been embarrassing to lose to them .....

JMO

I completely disagree with this message. I don't think there will be mutiny at all, and don't believe that NOT going to the Super Bowl makes the trade for 'nothing.' Made the Broncos better, thats all that matters.

As far as the record.... this year's schedule is a TOUGH one, and Manning in his first year with a new team, with new players. Sometimes that clicks right away, sometimes not. Manning is great, and makes players around him better, no question about it.

I think we are a 10 team win with Manning on the team. Thats with a tough schedule. But I wish we played teh Jets this year.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Quote Originally Posted by rjent View Post

JMO

Playoffs? TT should have a few starts in by then...That would be the most hyped game of all time.

22. The Following User High Fived vandammage13 For This Post:

Wow, Dude. Way to rain on the parade.

I voted 10-6.

I disagree with one of the posters above about needing to do this particular vote without projecting what we do in the draft. To me, we are guessing about next season which will be after the draft, so you've got to include some hypotheticals that most likely include a first round DT and maybe some help at Linebacker, running back, OL and Receiver. Yes, Manning can't escape defenders who get by our OL, but Manning does get passes out fast, which is different than our last starting Quarterback. We have Jack Del Rio as DC which I feel is an improvement, we have a true off season to get the new schemes developed, so we don't need to reinvent ourselves mid-season, and we have Peyton Freeking Manning at Quarterback. Based on all that, the record will be better than last year.

24. The Following 4 Users High Fived Grover For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    GENERAL GEORGE PATON

And I think youre completely wrong. (with respect) In 6 games last year, all of them wins, Tebow completed 10 passes or less. We led the league in 3 and outs.......by far.

Joel, we ACTUALLY WON A GAME IN WHICH WE COMPLETED ONLY 2 PASSES.

This is modern day NFL, and while Tebow came through in the clutch alot, Manning is going to score points. We will play with the lead alot more. And just like last year, but even more so, our defense is going to keep us in games.

Mark it down.....the pass rush is going to be killer this year if we stay healthy. Ayers will be better. Von will be better. Doom will be better.

We will win alot more than the 8 games we won last year.

My opium anyway.

IN PATON I TRUST.

26. The Following 4 Users High Fived WARHORSE For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information