Poll: What will our Win total Be?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: What Will Our Record Be Next Year?

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Ware-Wolfe

10-6 regular season. 2 more wins in the playoffs.
    In Elway We Trust

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain II

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyHorse View Post
    10-6 regular season. 2 more wins in the playoffs.
    Why not three in the playoffs and a Lombardi?

I think you may be pretty much spot on seriously.
    2009 & 2020 Broncos Forums Pick'em King
    2011 & 2019 Broncos Forums Survival Football Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    I completely disagree with this message. I don't think there will be mutiny at all, and don't believe that NOT going to the Super Bowl makes the trade for 'nothing.' Made the Broncos better, thats all that matters.As far as the record.... this year's schedule is a TOUGH one, and Manning in his first year with a new team, with new players. Sometimes that clicks right away, sometimes not.
    The problem (apart from health) is it MUST click right away or Manning's an expensive waste of time. If he weren't retiring before the bi-annual Broncos mutiny against non-champion QBs, he might not have signed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grover View Post
    Wow, Dude. Way to rain on the parade.
    Don't schedule a parade in the path of a hurricane then blame the weatherman. I'm sure Peytonanna is very nice, but he can't block Terrell Suggs or John Abraham, and it's illegal for him to catch his own passes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grover View Post
    I voted 10-6.I disagree with one of the posters above about needing to do this particular vote without projecting what we do in the draft. To me, we are guessing about next season which will be after the draft, so you've got to include some hypotheticals that most likely include a first round DT and maybe some help at Linebacker, running back, OL and Receiver. Yes, Manning can't escape defenders who get by our OL, but Manning does get passes out fast, which is different than our last starting Quarterback. We have Jack Del Rio as DC which I feel is an improvement, we have a true off season to get the new schemes developed, so we don't need to reinvent ourselves mid-season, and we have Peyton Freeking Manning at Quarterback. Based on all that, the record will be better than last year.
    The draft could make a difference, but probably not more than two players worth this year, about 20% of what we need. We pick 25th, then have two more in the top 100; how much does anyone think that will get?
    Quote Originally Posted by WARHORSE View Post
    And I think youre completely wrong. (with respect) In 6 games last year, all of them wins, Tebow completed 10 passes or less. We led the league in 3 and outs.......by far.Joel, we ACTUALLY WON A GAME IN WHICH WE COMPLETED ONLY 2 PASSES.2
    To be fair, it's hard to complete passes teams don't throw, and hard to sustain drives when defenses know they WON'T throw unless it's 3rd and 15 (when it's also hard to complete passes; even Tom Terrific gets SACKED on 17% of third downs.) Our passing attack wasn't fierce, by any means, and the one area where it was (the long ball) Manning delivers (when healthy) at a much higher level than Tebow. However, I've never subscribed to the theory our passing woes were entirely the fault of a scrub second year passer and wholly unrelated to scrub second year receivers and linemen. This year should settle that argument, though I'd bet money that when the wheels come off the bus people just blame Mannings neck, say he lied about being healthy and demand he return the $20 million Denver's paying him this year. For some reason, that's less frustrating and depressing than admitting the TEAM (NOT the QB) just isn't very good, even if it means ignoring problems that must be fixed to become good.
    This is modern day NFL, and while Tebow came through in the clutch alot, Manning is going to score points. We will play with the lead alot more. And just like last year, but even more so, our defense is going to keep us in games.
    I don't take any of that for granted. The only way a QB can score points by himself is running, which Manning didn't do even when healthy. That makes the prospect of playing with a lead often highly speculative, IMHO. And just like last year, we have no pass coverage deep or over the middle and are vulnerable to end runs; unlike last year, Brodrick Bunkley won't be there to stop runs up the gut. Our offense may have to keep our defense in games, and Manning can't do that with only one reliable receiver and lineman.
    Mark it down.....the pass rush is going to be killer this year if we stay healthy. Ayers will be better. Von will be better. Doom will be better.
    People insisted VonDoom would destroy Brady; even after they managed ONE sack between them, we reenacted the same debate a month later. We'll see if the third time's the charm, but we lack (much) more than a pass rush, which is no more a panacea than a great QB is.
    We will win alot more than the 8 games we won last year.My opium anyway.
    I hope you're right, but even matching last years total would exceed my expectations as much as it did then.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

4. The Following User High Fived Joel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain II

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    ...People insisted VonDoom would destroy Brady; even after they managed ONE sack between them, we reenacted the same debate a month later. We'll see if the third time's the charm, but we lack (much) more than a pass rush, which is no more a panacea than a great QB is.I hope you're right, but even matching last years total would exceed my expectations as much as it did then.
    Miller, like Dumervil, playing with one hand was largely ineffective. In the playoffs stars have to be stars and Miller was handicapped. NO surprise to me. Even if Miller had been at full strength all Brady did was step up into a clean pocket. We badly need someone to collapse the pocket. EFX are you listening.

A healthy Manning, and we will soon find out if he is healthy, is worth 10 wins with this team. I love your analysis' but I think you underestimate the team we have and Peyton Manning.

6. The Following 3 Users High Fived Canmore For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Ware-Wolfe

Quote Originally Posted by Canmore View Post
    Why not three in the playoffs and a Lombardi?

I think you may be pretty much spot on seriously.
    That would imply a first round bye which probably won't happen at 10-6. 3 more wins would mean we lose the Super Bowl.
    In Elway We Trust

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain II

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyHorse View Post
    That would imply a first round bye which probably won't happen at 10-6. 3 more wins would mean we lose the Super Bowl.
    I knew somebody was going to call me on that response, lol.

I hate to be a Debbie Downer, but a reality check is clearly needed and will probably come no later than Halloween. Quarterbacks are not panaceas,
    Most of Joel's posts are simply silly. I do NOT consider myself a "orange-colored-glasses" man at all. Last year I thought they'd win 5 or 6 games and might win 2 or 3. This is the first time since McMoron came to town that I'm at all optimistic starting the season and am predicting a winning 10-6 record.

This year the schedule is much tougher.

But, Manning AVERAGED about 12 wins a season for a team that just went 2-12 without him last year. Probably the shock of losing Manning hurt them some, but the Colts were exposed as a BAD team without Manning and are now totally rebuilding.

Yet they won 10 games with him in 2010, won their division and lost by 1 point to the Jets in the playoffs. I doubt that 2010 Indy team was much better than their 2011 imitation of the Washington Generals (those stiffs whose job it was to lose every game to the Harlem Globetrotters). It was obviously MANNING who got them into the playoffs when they clearly didn't deserve to be there.

Just like the 1999 Broncos who fell to 6-10 from 13-3 without Elway.

As for Manning's medical condition, a bunch of doctors cleared him to play. He's not 100% but should be alright by the start of the regular season.

His skills might deteriorate some due to age, but Elway's didn't at a greater age. His neck injury is no more likely to be a problem than the injury of any other player. That injury is healed. I'd be surprised if he was much worse than he was in 2009 before his injury.

While predictions of 12-4 against that brutal schedule are probably over-optimistic, 10-6 given 6 games against the weak AFC West is perfectly possible. Oakland sucks and have no draft picks to get better. KC is still without a good QB. SD hasn't really been good in years and has lost most of their impact players from 3, 4 years ago (Vincent Jackson, L.T., Darren Sproles, Jamal Williams, Shawne Merriman, etc.) without replacing them with equal talent.
    Last edited by Cugel; 03-29-2012 at 01:08 PM.

10. The Following User High Fived Cugel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Karl Mecklenburg, Tom Jackson, and Rulon Jones

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    Most of Joel's posts are simply silly. I do NOT consider myself a "orange-colored-glasses" man at all. Last year I thought they'd win 5 or 6 games and might win 2 or 3. This is the first time since McMoron came to town that I'm at all optimistic starting the season and am predicting a winning 10-6 record.

This year the schedule is much tougher.

But, Manning AVERAGED about 12 wins a season for a team that just went 2-12 without him last year. Probably the shock of losing Manning hurt them some, but the Colts were exposed as a BAD team without Manning and are now totally rebuilding.

Yet they won 10 games with him in 2010, won their division and lost by 1 point to the Jets in the playoffs. I doubt that 2010 Indy team was much better than their 2011 imitation of the Washington Generals (those stiffs whose job it was to lose every game to the Harlem Globetrotters). It was obviously MANNING who got them into the playoffs when they clearly didn't deserve to be there.

Just like the 1999 Broncos who fell to 6-10 from 13-3 without Elway.

As for Manning's medical condition, a bunch of doctors cleared him to play. He's not 100% but should be alright by the start of the regular season.

His skills might deteriorate some due to age, but Elway's didn't at a greater age. His neck injury is no more likely to be a problem than the injury of any other player. That injury is healed. I'd be surprised if he was much worse than he was in 2009 before his injury.

While predictions of 12-4 against that brutal schedule are probably over-optimistic, 10-6 given 6 games against the weak AFC West is perfectly possible. Oakland sucks and have no draft picks to get better. KC is still without a good QB. SD hasn't really been good in years and has lost most of their impact players from 3, 4 years ago (Vincent Jackson, L.T., Darren Sproles, Jamal Williams, Shawne Merriman, etc.) without replacing them with equal talent.
    Aren't we glad we don't have to listen to just one person

I find Joel's posts refreshing and pretty much right in line with reality.

And, If I was Joel, I would be offended by your lack of propriety ......

Just MY opinion of course ...
    I have been a fan since 1960....
    Democracy.. Is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.
    Liberty ... Is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. -- Benjamin Franklin
    bronconut/AGap "im just...being an ass rjent."

Miller, like Dumervil, playing with one hand was largely ineffective. In the playoffs stars have to be stars and Miller was handicapped. NO surprise to me. Even if Miller had been at full strength all Brady did was step up into a clean pocket. We badly need someone to collapse the pocket. EFX are you listening.
    According to Brodrick Bunkley, the answer is a resounding "no." The Pats have what we don't: A great offensive line. Even the Giants didn't get to Brady much (though he did throw a pivotal SB pick when they did.) They seem to have found a much better rookie RT than we did, which is pathetic given that we finished next to last the previous year and they went to the Divisional round of the playoffs.

A healthy Manning, and we will soon find out if he is healthy, is worth 10 wins with this team. I love your analysis' but I think you underestimate the team we have and Peyton Manning.
    Maybe; I certainly underestimated them last year. My main concern is that we sucked in the trenches to begin with, but Kuper had a devastating injury and Bunkley's in LA, which makes Manning as much of a target as an asset. That's not helped by the fact he has no one to throw to but Thomas (and Dreesen now; I keep forgetting him) and our 30 year old RB has to start breaking tackles as soon as he gets the snap. Add to that the fact we have no pass coverage deep or over the middle and, well, just how much do you expect Manning to do by himself?

Most of Joel's posts are simply silly. I do NOT consider myself a "orange-colored-glasses" man at all. Last year I thought they'd win 5 or 6 games and might win 2 or 3. This is the first time since McMoron came to town that I'm at all optimistic starting the season and am predicting a winning 10-6 record.This year the schedule is much tougher. But, Manning AVERAGED about 12 wins a season for a team that just went 2-12 without him last year. Probably the shock of losing Manning hurt them some, but the Colts were exposed as a BAD team without Manning and are now totally rebuilding. Yet they won 10 games with him in 2010, won their division and lost by 1 point to the Jets in the playoffs. I doubt that 2010 Indy team was much better than their 2011 imitation of the Washington Generals (those stiffs whose job it was to lose every game to the Harlem Globetrotters). It was obviously MANNING who got them into the playoffs when they clearly didn't deserve to be there.Just like the 1999 Broncos who fell to 6-10 from 13-3 without Elway.
    Why guess? Their 2010 and 2011 rosters aren't hard to find: http://www.pro-football-reference.co...s/clt/2010.htm http://www.pro-football-reference.co...011_roster.htm

It was the line as much as the QB. Rookie LT. Additionally, second year RT, while their previous RT, Ryan Diem, moved to RG and missed 5 games (he announced his retirement a week ago, and Saturday's a Packer; sucks to be Luck) and their former RG moved to LG when he wasn't spelling Diem, Constanzo or Linkenbach; he missed about half the season. The only lineman they could depend on last year was Saturday, a sorry environment for any QB, let alone one who's been riding the pine behind Peyton Manning. He probably thought he had the most awesome job in the world until Manning went down for the year.

If Beadles were two years older and could play center, we'd have the 2011 Colts line. Of course, it's not QUITE that simple; the AFC South was a pretty awful Division in 2010 and the Colts practically won it by default (as they did most of the past decade: The Jags are never better than mediocre, the Texans were a crappy expansion team until last season and Bud Adams refuses to allow the Titans to maintain more than a season of success; there's a reason Indy was so often one-and-done (just as in 2010) despite cruising to a 12+ win season. )

As for Manning's medical condition, a bunch of doctors cleared him to play. He's not 100% but should be alright by the start of the regular season.His skills might deteriorate some due to age, but Elway's didn't at a greater age. His neck injury is no more likely to be a problem than the injury of any other player. That injury is healed. I'd be surprised if he was much worse than he was in 2009 before his injury.
    His skills will deteriorate due to age, and probably already have to some degree. So had Elways at that age; if you really think he had the same skills in SB XXXII that he did in SB XXII, I suggest rewatching both games. I'm sure Manning's as healthy as a man who's had four spinal surgeries in the past 7 months can be. That doesn't mean those fused vertebræ are good as new, and I worry about ANY QB playing behind THIS line. I don't question whether he can start, but whether he can finish. If not, we get to start Caleb Hanie....

I didn't think the AFCW that bad last year and still don't. The Chiefs RBs are healthy again, and I truly envy their line now that they have Eric Winston along with Lilja and Wiegmann (every time I think about them getting Wiegmann back cheap after we replaced him with Walton I stick another pin in my McDumbass voodoo doll. ) I think they may be the team to beat, because they have the solid D Oakland lacks.

Speaking of Oakland, however, you aren't the only one who noticed how hard FA hit them: The League awarded them no less than THREE compensatory draft picks, so their cupboard isn't as bare as everyone seems to think. San Diego is the team I expect to battle for last place in the Division.

Three wins there, with luck, plus (hopefully) Cincy, Cleveland, Carolina and Tampa. That's 7, but I'll go ±1, depending on whether we're lucky against Atlanta or win in SD without bad luck elsewhere.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

I voted 11. I don't buy into this 'we have brutal schedule' stuff as teams teams that were good last year are not necessarily the same as next year. I don't expect the Saints, for example, to be nearly as good as last year.

If we can win 7 with Tebow, 11 shouldn't be that hard with Manning. I guess we will see how it plays out.

10 and 6

I don't buy into this "we are doomed with our OL" stuff. 10 games, as Manning himself is worth several.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

16. The Following User High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    george floyd little

joel, are you not aware that we signed Tamme?
    as in someone to throw to tamme?
    CAN WE PLEASE JUST SKIP ALL THE NONESENSE AND JUST TALK FOOTBALL?

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

You'd be amazed how much improved the secondary will be and how VonDoom's game could open up with an interior pass rush. After all, the other teams will supposedly be playing catch up.

I'm skeptical of Manning being the same, but if he is, he can get the best out of any offense. I believe this draft will be an important part in our overall performance and it starts with the dine.

I said 9-7, but hey it will be great if Manning proves skeptics like me wrong. Even though rusty, Manning alone does give the BRONCOS 1 to 2 more wins

Quote Originally Posted by Chef Zambini View Post
    joel, are you not aware that we signed Tamme?
    as in someone to throw to tamme?
    I'm aware, but more optimistic about Dreesen, who was a fine receiving TE with a far worse QB than Manning throwing to him. Has anyone considered that Manning making poor to average receivers look the stars they aren't may be the only one anyone even knows who Tamme is? Let's wait a couple years before we crown him the next Shannon Sharpe or Tony Gonzalez

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information