Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: 08/09 NBA Playoffs

Adopted Bronco:
    TBD

Default 08/09 NBA Playoffs

Scouting Breakdown All Series by Scouts Inc.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playof...HornetsNuggets

East:
    (1) Cleveland-Won series
    (8) Detroit

(4) Atlanta-Lead 3-2
    (5) Miami

(3) Orlando-Won series
    (6) Philadelphia-

(2) Boston-Leads 3-2
    (7) Chicago

West:
    (1) LA Lakers-Won series
    (8) Utah

4) Portland
    (5)Houston-Won series

(3) San Antonio
    (6) Dallas- Won series

(2) Denver-Won series
    (7) New Orleans
    --------------------------------------

Welcome to the playoffs D. Rose! 36 pts, 11 ast as the Bulls take game one on the Celtics home court. Everyone was not giving the Bulls a chance against the defending champs but how could you not like a young team with Gordon, Salmons, Rose, and today Noah (17 rebs). Home court shifts to Chi-Town. KG is a huge loss for Boston and it will be interesting to see how they respond in game two. Allen again is starting the playoffs slow and that was a killer today.
    Last edited by BroncoAV06; 05-01-2009 at 05:33 PM.
    <script src='http://img43.imageshack.us/shareable/?i=pbj250px.gif&p=tl' type='text/javascript'></script><noscript></noscript>

Twitter: JBuck610
    Host morning drive sports talk program in Albuquerque.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Boston looked terrible. I have'nt watched a NBA game since Dennis Rodman was sporting pink hair with San Antonio but there's nothing else on today.

3. The Following User High Fived Skinny For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    TBD

Surprise of the day had to be the Rockets just pounding the Blazers in Portland. Talk about a team, Houston misses no beats without T-Mac, trades Alston and gets good production from Brooks and Lowery at the point, Yao ming 9-9 from the floor!
    <script src='http://img43.imageshack.us/shareable/?i=pbj250px.gif&p=tl' type='text/javascript'></script><noscript></noscript>

Twitter: JBuck610
    Host morning drive sports talk program in Albuquerque.

Adopted Bronco:
    Knowshon Moreno

The Lakers beat my Jazz fair and square today, but the refs absolutely sucked ass. I get so sick of the refs babying Kobe. I don't know if any of you were watching, but Kobe went in for a dunk towards the end of the game and the Jazz got out of the way as to prevent a 3 point play...then Kobe comes down on Millsap, shoves him, and the ref cauls a foul on Millsap. :puke:
    Last edited by honz; 04-19-2009 at 07:30 PM.
    I NO LONGER support Rahim Moore.

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived honz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Quote Originally Posted by honz View Post
    The Lakers beat my Jazz fair and square today, but the refs absolutely sucked ass. I get so sick of the Lakers babying Kobe. I don't know if any of you were watching, but Kobe went in for a dunk towards the end of the game and the Jazz got out of the way as to prevent a 3 point play...then Kobe comes down on Millsap, shoves him, and the ref cauls a foul on Millsap. :puke:
    Some teams definitely get the calls, whether legit or not Definitely takes away from what the playoffs are suppose to be. I hate it when a team has to not only beat their opponent, but also beat the refs Hope the same does not happen with the Nuggets against NO.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Ware-Wolfe

We're going to see Kobe vs Lebron.
    In Elway We Trust

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I really like Chalmers, as he seems like he's going to do the work it takes to be a top player, or at least a good role player for Wade, but this Atlanta team just looks better than Miami right now.

Of course, they could pull something similar to last year and play like the best team in the NBA at home and then suck balls on the road, like they did against the Celts last year.

Adopted Bronco:
    Knowshon Moreno

I'm sick right now. My Jazz had several chances to try and take this game from the Lakers. They got it to 3 with a couple minuts left and then proceeded to piss away their next 4 possessions including a turnover that led to a wide open layup. Truly disappointing. It's just like last year...Lakers get up big, the Jazz comback, but they can't make the big plays down the stretch in LA. I think we actually have a decent chance of evening up the series 2-2 with 2 wins in Utah like we did last year, but we will have to play well and play well for 48 minutes. The Lakers have too much firepower to take a Q off like the Jazz love to do.

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Killer

I hope the Lakers shove another win down the Jazz fans throat on Thursday...Not because I am a Lakers fan...or because I have hated the Jazz since their pathetic attempt to win a championship, ever....

That's all just a game, and will be over regardless of the outcome...I want the Jazz to choke hard because of their rude, cowardly, and ruthless fans...Year after year their pathetic fans go out of their way to cross lines of fan heckling...Last year was the breaking point for me. Honestly I would be embarrassed to even admit I am a Utah Jazz fan after last year.

Holding up "Kobe rapes" signs and such are expected, and deserving for that matter...but Tatums cancer is out of Dereks hands, and he is just a father at work...Fans chanting "Cancer" and covering their eyes, in a attempt to heckle Derek Fisher while shooting a free throw is the lowest form of opposing fans representing their team...

Sorry Honz, I know you are not like that at all, and probably appriciate what Derek has done for your team....but your fellow fans are the lowest and most disgusting fans I have ever seen...In America anyways...

Crush them in their faces tomarrow lakers...

Adopted Bronco:
    Knowshon Moreno

Quote Originally Posted by Benetto View Post
    I hope the Lakers shove another win down the Jazz fans throat on Thursday...Not because I am a Lakers fan...or because I have hated the Jazz since their pathetic attempt to win a championship, ever....

That's all just a game, and will be over regardless of the outcome...I want the Jazz to choke hard because of their rude, cowardly, and ruthless fans...Year after year their pathetic fans go out of their way to cross lines of fan heckling...Last year was the breaking point for me. Honestly I would be embarrassed to even admit I am a Utah Jazz fan after last year.

Holding up "Kobe rapes" signs and such are expected, and deserving for that matter...but Tatums cancer is out of Dereks hands, and he is just a father at work...Fans chanting "Cancer" and covering their eyes, in a attempt to heckle Derek Fisher while shooting a free throw is the lowest form of opposing fans representing their team...

Sorry Honz, I know you are not like that at all, and probably appriciate what Derek has done for your team....but your fellow fans are the lowest and most disgusting fans I have ever seen...In America anyways...

Crush them in their faces tomarrow lakers...
    The whole "Cancer" chant is a nice rumor, but is simply not true. According to friends of mine and posters at a Jazz message board that were at those games, no one heard any such chants whatsoever. There was one picture of one guy covering his eye as Fisher was shooting FT's...he may have been taunting Fisher and making fun of his daughter's cancer, but we don't even know that for sure. If he was, he is a scumbag...and every fanbase (or group of people for that matter) has some scumbags mixed in.

It's truly unfortunate that so many people decided to eat up an unsubstantiated internet rumor and an article written by some 16 year old on bleacherreport.com. Other fans have always seemed to hate Jazz fans and I'm not really sure why. Maybe because we are overly passionate and show no respect for opposing teams or players when they play in our building, but these same fans are a part of the best crowd in the NBA. The Jazz always have a great home record and that is for a reason...great fans that know how to cheer on their team and heckle the refs and opposing teams.

Anyway, believe what you want to believe about Jazz fans being classless, but I can tell you with supreme conviction that there is no way that there was anymore than a handful of douchebags chanting "Cancer". Don't even get me started on some of the douchebag Laker fans I have come across...but you won't see me clumping the douchebags and the rest of the Laker fans together.

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Killer

Quote Originally Posted by honz View Post
    The whole "Cancer" chant is a nice rumor, but is simply not true. According to friends of mine and posters at a Jazz message board that were at those games, no one heard any such chants whatsoever. There was one picture of one guy covering his eye as Fisher was shooting FT's...he may have been taunting Fisher and making fun of his daughter's cancer, but we don't even know that for sure. If he was, he is a scumbag...and every fanbase (or group of people for that matter) has some scumbags mixed in.

It's truly unfortunate that so many people decided to eat up an unsubstantiated internet rumor and an article written by some 16 year old on bleacherreport.com. Other fans have always seemed to hate Jazz fans and I'm not really sure why. Maybe because we are overly passionate and show no respect for opposing teams or players when they play in our building, but these same fans are a part of the best crowd in the NBA. The Jazz always have a great home record and that is for a reason...great fans that know how to cheer on their team and heckle the refs and opposing teams.

Anyway, believe what you want to believe about Jazz fans being classless, but I can tell you with supreme conviction that there is no way that there was anymore than a handful of douchebags chanting "Cancer". Don't even get me started on some of the douchebag Laker fans I have come across...but you won't see me clumping the douchebags and the rest of the Laker fans together.
    Rumors always have some truth behind them...Like you said, teams always have a fan base with a handfull of scumbags who don't deserve to have brain function....Its been said by a lot of players/coaches throughout the years...Jazz fans go out of their way to get personal with their taunting...its a fact, not a rumor...

BTW...Thank you Jazz for giftwrapping the last one for us...Lakers have a tendency to give shit away in the 3rd QTR...Especially when the refs call every BS foul...On both teams.

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Killer

I love how Boozer is soo obsessed with "And 1"...He screams it once or twice a game at the top of his lungs...And he has it tattooed with flashy flames and such on his arm...

The obsession is stuck with him so badly, he tends to gift wrap playoff games for the Lakers with them...

Heh- atleast that chump of a player-giblowme is out for the spurs. I hate that guy. I dont even like basketball. I only watch the playoffs, and its atleast somewhat exciting that i get to finally root for my home team (as we just recently have made the playoffs) but manu giblowme is an actor. Not a player.

Sports are meant to be played, not acted. I think he and players like him downgrade sports in general.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Killer

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    Heh- atleast that chump of a player-giblowme is out for the spurs. I hate that guy. I dont even like basketball. I only watch the playoffs, and its atleast somewhat exciting that i get to finally root for my home team (as we just recently have made the playoffs) but manu giblowme is an actor. Not a player.

Sports are meant to be played, not acted. I think he and players like him downgrade sports in general.

I think Floppers deserve to be thrown out of games...

18. The Following User High Fived Benetto For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Knowshon Moreno

Quote Originally Posted by Benetto View Post
    Rumors always have some truth behind them...Like you said, teams always have a fan base with a handfull of scumbags who don't deserve to have brain function....Its been said by a lot of players/coaches throughout the years...Jazz fans go out of their way to get personal with their taunting...its a fact, not a rumor...

BTW...Thank you Jazz for giftwrapping the last one for us...Lakers have a tendency to give shit away in the 3rd QTR...Especially when the refs call every BS foul...On both teams.
    Unless the rumor was created by a Rocket or Laker fan and was gobbled up by the masses looking for any reason to hate the Jazz more. And yes, the crowd does like to taunt the opposition...hell, I've even partaken in yelling at players and refs the 2 times I've sat courtside...but I've never heard anything worse than you would hear on the basketball court playing at pickup game with a couple of friends. Like I said before, I'm sure some idiots cross the line every now and then, but overall we have great, passionate fans that respect them game but are willing to do anything in their power to help the Jazz get the W.

20. The Following User High Fived honz For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information