Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21

Thread: 08/09 NBA Playoffs

Adopted Bronco:
    Sly Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Cicero View Post
    but the Magic have three players on the court that are 20 point bets a game (Dwight, Lewis, Turk), along with an up and coming player in Courtney Lee.

I just hope that they can hold their heads high even if they don't win this series magically; because they have a lot forward to.

I just feel bad for Ewing. I always loved him even being a Magic fan. A great player and a great coach. I'd of loved to see him get a ring from the bench. Anyways, I'm out!
    To me, Dwight is the most exciting young player in the league. I love the physicality, and the hustle. Once he refines the post moves, the short range jumper, and the quick catch and score, He'll be a guy to base your whole offensive scheme on.

The Magic, Nuggets, and Rockets all did good things this off season, and are all relatively young. Loads of potential.

Is Ewing leaving the magics bench? He'll have more chances at rings. BUT, yes. it would be nice to see him get a ring.

2. The Following User High Fived SoCalImport For This Post:

Kobe 11-31 from the field.... dude missed 20 shots

O V E R R A T E D

Adopted Bronco:
    Sly Williams

Quote Originally Posted by EMB6903 View Post
    Kobe 11-31 from the field.... dude missed 20 shots

O V E R R A T E D
    All the talk is about how the team won IN-SPITE of kobe's sub par performance. His shots been off two games in a row now. Doubt He'll make it a third.

If you REALLY believe that Kobe Bryant is "overrated"..well, that says a lot right there

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Why focus on Kobe's performance when the Magic were given 37 try's at gimme baskets? His teammates stepped up (which the media was calling for) and he made 8-8 of his FT's. The real question should be is how the Magic can choke away 15 gimme shots which would have given them the game by far!!

6. The Following User High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Sly Williams

Quote Originally Posted by BroncosBlitz View Post
    Why focus on Kobe's performance when the Magic were given 37 try's at gimme baskets? His teammates stepped up (which the media was calling for) and he made 8-8 of his FT's. The real question should be is how the Magic can choke away 15 gimme shots which would have given them the game by far!!
    Some would say it's inexperience. Id say that sounds as plausible as any other explanation. That an the Van Gundy's aren't the best at staying cool under pressure.
    When you look to your coach for guidance and he's over there looking like he's about to have a coronary, it can't be very reassuring to the young stars the Magic have.

Quote Originally Posted by Benetto View Post
    Hahahaha Laker haters....

I clearly posted "a Game 5, suspension"...Which is only 1 game. Not a 5 game suspension. A T 2 is a 1 game suspension.

BTW, Kobe has thrown his elbows before in the past, many times....but this time, Kobe was throwing the ball in Dereks direction...Jameer jumped into his face, and got an elbow while Kobe was throwing in that direction. Previous bows thrown by Kobe were landed, then the move was made. This time he was in motion for the pass, and Jameer got in the way..Buy it or not, that's what it was.
    Ya, misread that... A 1 game suspension is dealable with, but still hypocritical
    with Kobe's elbows.

I disgree 100% with that, especially after watching the replays. Kobe looked
    right at Nelson as he came towards him, whipped his elbow around right at
    Nelson's head in an attempt to create space. Kobe does that every game, almost
    every play. If you remember that's what got Raja Bell mad at him, when Kobe
    shoots he throws his elbow around to create space but has repeatedly hit people
    in the face. He now did it on the pass. Oh, and Kobe didnt throw the ball until
    Nelson hit the floor. You don't lead with your elbow to make a pass.

Laker hater? Please, I'm rooting for the Lakers.
    Last edited by Gridironchamp; 06-12-2009 at 12:22 PM.

BTW...Kobe's bad performance?
    It was Kobe's idea to send Dwight to the FT line with 11 seconds to go, instead of giving him a dunk, a 5 point lead and the game...Then Fish had the opportunity to tie it up...It was a team effort...but everyone has their own opinions....I can respect that.
    Smart play, I said that the second he did it.

That doesn't change the fact that he fired up far too many shots.

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Killer

Default No further action will be taken against Pietrus

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playof...ory?id=4253869

ORLANDO, Fla. -- The NBA on Friday quickly completed its review of Mickael Pietrus' two-handed shove into Pau Gasol's back in the final seconds of Game 4 of the NBA Finals and ruled that no further action will be taken against the Orlando Magic swingman.

A next-day video review of the play was automatic because Pietrus' shove was deemed a flagrant foul, with league rules mandating that all flagrants are subject to review for possible fine, suspension or reclassification./p
    Although it was initially believed that the Frenchman was at risk for nothing worse than a fine, Pietrus' foul -- the first flagrant foul of the NBA Finals -- could have resulted in a suspension for Sunday's Game 5 in the worst-case scenario.

The review process, entering the Finals, has caused 14 flagrant fouls in the playoffs to be upgraded, downgraded or assessed retroactively on fouls that weren't ruled flagrant during the game./p
    On the play in question, Pietrus chopped down hard into Gasol's back with both arms as the Spaniard was throwing down his second straight dunk in the final minute of overtime to seal the Los Angeles Lakers' 99-91 victory and a 3-1 series lead.

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived Benetto For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Sly Williams

Default Not a bad one by Kiszla.

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_12586638?source=rss

That "Black Mamba" nic is pretty weak, I must say.

Kobe should've called the Big Aristotle for some help with that one.

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Killer

Congrats Lakers on your 15th Championship win!!!

Thank you for bringing the Trophy back home! See you guys on Wednesday at the Parade!

YAY LAKERS!!! WHOOO!!!

14. The Following 3 Users High Fived Benetto For This Post:

Thank you for bringing the Trophy back home! See you guys on Wednesday at the Parade!

YAY LAKERS!!! WHOOO!!!
    did they play last night I must have taken a nap

I'm an ABL or ABK fan..

Adopted Bronco:
    Sly Williams

YAY LAKERS!!! WHOOO!!!
    Grats to Phil, on his TENTH championship as HC. Amazing.

Set it to record (1:30 am here) and just watched the game.

Loved loved loved watching D-Fish and Kobe celebrate their 4th.
    This Lakers team is something special.

They may have a hard time keeping both Ariza and Odom next year, but for now, well FOREVER..

GO LAKERS!!!

17. The Following User High Fived SoCalImport For This Post:

Congratulations to the better, battled-tested team in the Lakers. 15 is awesome. 10 for Phil is just stunning. GO MAGIC 2010!

19. The Following User High Fived Requiem / The Dagda For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalImport View Post
    Grats to Phil, on his TENTH championship as HC. Amazing.

Set it to record (1:30 am here) and just watched the game.

Loved loved loved watching D-Fish and Kobe celebrate their 4th.
    This Lakers team is something special.

They may have a hard time keeping both Ariza and Odom next year, but for now, well FOREVER..

GO LAKERS!!!

I think Odom is gone.
    Ariza stays. Too good, too much improvement, and hes 23. Hes gotta stay.
    I think the Lakers try to get Mark Gasol back to LA, let him play with his brother. Pau goes to the power forward/center hybrid, whatever you wanna call it spot that he plays anyways. Mark Gasol plays center with Bynum. M.Gasol is a much more physical inside player. He presents all kinds of problems.

DFisher Point gaurd
    KBryant Shooting gaurd
    TAriza Small forward
    PGasol Power forward
    MGasol Center

Bench
    Bynum
    Brown
    Walton

Draft a point guard, and pick up a solid power forward in FA to come off the bench.

21. The Following 2 Users High Fived SOCALORADO. For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information