Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Go Mariners!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Default Go Mariners!!

After tonight tied for tops in AL at 8-3. It's nice to be off to a good start after last year's catastrophe. It's only 11 games, but this is a team that is seriously FUN to watch. They might surprise some people in a suddenly weak AL west.

The new sheriff looks like he's made the right changes. I hope the same happens with the Broncos.

Go M's!

2. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

I like the Mariners....great ballpark, fun atmosphere, great weather in the summer!! The other night Ichiro hit a GS coming back off injury. Edger Martinez was a one of my favorites!!

Completely surprised to see how well the Mariners are doing. Chavez has been a pleasant surprise; I don't expect him to keep his .400 (around) average -- but if he's in the .300's -- that'll be great. I hope that Gutierrez bat gets better, but I think he can be a special piece in our outfield. Bentancourt is batting suprisingly well, and making good contact. His strike outs are down, but he still doesn't draw walks. He could be more selective.

Beltre and Lopez need to get going though, if one of those two could just be "solid" -- I think this team would be in a lot better shape. Oh, and Griffey is going to have to hit better than .200 if he wants to DH or legitimately see playing time on a regular basis. I love the guy, but man. . .

5. The Following User High Fived Requiem / The Dagda For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I just picked up Edwin Jackson (P, Tigers) for a spot start on a fantasy team, do you think the Ms can choke a little tonight to get me a win?

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Cicero View Post
    Completely surprised to see how well the Mariners are doing. Chavez has been a pleasant surprise; I don't expect him to keep his .400 (around) average -- but if he's in the .300's -- that'll be great. I hope that Gutierrez bat gets better, but I think he can be a special piece in our outfield. Bentancourt is batting suprisingly well, and making good contact. His strike outs are down, but he still doesn't draw walks. He could be more selective.

Beltre and Lopez need to get going though, if one of those two could just be "solid" -- I think this team would be in a lot better shape. Oh, and Griffey is going to have to hit better than .200 if he wants to DH or legitimately see playing time on a regular basis. I love the guy, but man. . .
    They have gotten big breaks. The hits have been coming in bunches. The game last night is a good example of getting breaks. Scoring on wild pitches, catcher dropping the ball for the easy out at home. The wins are great, but I don't expect it to last. But for me the best part is they are making it fun again to watch.

8. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by BroncosBlitz View Post
    I like the Mariners....great ballpark, fun atmosphere, great weather in the summer!! The other night Ichiro hit a GS coming back off injury. Edger Martinez was a one of my favorites!!
    I hope I make it out to Seattle this year to catch a game. I am planning on catching a game in LA this next weekend, and then when they come out here in June to play the Rockies.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by MissouriBronc View Post
    I just picked up Edwin Jackson (P, Tigers) for a spot start on a fantasy team, do you think the Ms can choke a little tonight to get me a win?
    You got it buddy, I'll dial that right up.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    They have gotten big breaks. The hits have been coming in bunches. The game last night is a good example of getting breaks. Scoring on wild pitches, catcher dropping the ball for the easy out at home. The wins are great, but I don't expect it to last. But for me the best part is they are making it fun again to watch.
    Yep! The pitching for the most part has been extremely surprising as well. I wonder if Bedard and Washburn can keep it up. It was nice to see Felix get a win last night. At any case, I'm excited about the potential for a lot of our picks in the coming draft. Even though they aren't likely to pan out for a few years, I think we could get a MLB ready hitter or pitcher (close) with the #2 overall.

The one thing I am pissed off about is making Phillipe A. a reliever. WTF?

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I hope I make it out to Seattle this year to catch a game. I am planning on catching a game in LA this next weekend, and then when they come out here in June to play the Rockies.

You should try and schedule it for the 10th anniversary game of Safeco Field (hard to believe 10 yrs already). I believe that is sometime in July!! Did you ever go to the Kingdome and watch games?? I guess there is no anniversary game but July 15 will be 10 yrs!

They'll be playing Bal and Tex (Jul 6-12 ) at home the week prior to the all star game.
    Last edited by Nomad; 04-18-2009 at 12:09 PM. Reason: updating post

You should try and schedule it for the 10th anniversary game of Safeco Field (hard to believe 10 yrs already). I believe that is sometime in July!! Did you ever go to the Kingdome and watch games??

They'll be playing Bal and Tex (Jul 5-12 I could be wrong) at home the week prior to the all star game.
    Ha! I haven't been to a game at Safeco. Only the Kingdome.
    This space available for lease.

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived gnomeflinger For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by gnomeflinger View Post
    Ha! I haven't been to a game at Safeco. Only the Kingdome.

I've been to a few games at Safeco and a few in the Kingdome (in the nosebleed seats). I can say the Kingdome is not missed!!

I've been to a few games at Safeco and a few in the Kingdome in the nosebleed seats. I can say the Kingdome is not missed!!
    Mr. Gnome is the bigger sports fan, so I usually stayed home with the kids. I would like to go to at least one game this year.
    This space available for lease.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by gnomeflinger View Post
    Mr. Gnome is the bigger sports fan, so I usually stayed home with the kids. I would like to go to at least one game this year.
    It's a fun atmosphere. It's been some years since my last game, but me and my brother-in-law went and watched Bal. We sat 6 rows up from the 3rd base dugout. We went to the Pyramid Brewery across the street for a couple beers before the game and had a blast at the game. i'm a casual fan not a die hard.

If you want to go cheap you can go to a Tacoma Rainiers game (been to plenty of those) but if you take the kids, don't go on $1 beer night....too many drunks!

18. The Following User High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

The M's win another one!

If only Silva could be melted and purified to a higher grade. He's something like .539 pure (impure?)

Maybe I catch the M's game tomorrow (today?) up in LA?

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Two wins in Anaheim! But this won't last unless some more bats get warmed up.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information