Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: jake plummer in town

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Quote Originally Posted by dunk7 View Post
    Instead of posting a sarcastic reference to Tebow every chance you get, just start a thread titled "I miss my Teboo" and encourage people to post videos of the 5 nice passes he made last year and maybe for the real fans, pics of him picking out his new jets gear or anything with his shirt off. That would be awesome.
    So... you are sarcastically suggesting that I stop being sarcastic?

Also, there was no mention of Tebow. Not by me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Devaroe View Post
    Seriously. Al and Dmac were talking about it. He was throwing to receivers up at CU. I would be all for it.
    aren't you dead? we can never tell when your serious, even in the afterlife

Quote Originally Posted by wayninja View Post
    So... you are sarcastically suggesting that I stop being sarcastic?

Also, there was no mention of Tebow. Not by me.
    No sarcasm whatsoever on my part. All I have to say is: "It's so exciting to be excited"

4. The Following 4 Users High Fived dunk7 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

He hasn't played in 5 or 6 years and is older than Peyton Manning (I think).

I think Jake is the best QB we have had since Elway retired (without regard to Manning, since he hasn't played yet), but this is just silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

6. The Following 4 Users High Fived slim For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    I feel the same way. I will always love Jake. I really hate when people pin that AFCCG on him as if the rest of the team played some stellar game or something.
    Champ makes the easy pick early,it would have been a whole new ball game. jmo

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post

I think Jake is the best QB we have had since Elway retired (without regard to Manning, since he hasn't played yet), but this is just silly.
    I still wear Plummer's jersey. That's what I think of him.

But even Plummer agrees with you on this, according to what he said on his appearance in Vic Lombardi's show, as far as whether he should come back now . . .

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post
    I still wear Plummer's jersey. That's what I think of him.

But even Plummer agrees with you on this, according to what he said on his appearance in Vic Lombardi's show, as far as whether he should come back now . . .
    Oh, I didn't hear what he said. Did he scoff at the idea?

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Oh, I didn't hear what he said. Did he scoff at the idea?
    He said he wasn't sure whether or not he could still do it, and that if Elway called him to hold a clipboard for Peyton (his words), he would be tempted, but he sounded as if he had his tongue in his cheek when he said that. He further said he probably would never do it because his heart isn't in it anymore.

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived topscribe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Aside from Cutler, we haven't had a QB worth being compared to since Elway retired. If it wasn't for Hurricane McD running him off, he would be the gold standard for all post-Elway QBs.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

13. The Following 3 Users High Fived FanInAZ For This Post:

Ahhh hell....you all just had to go and do it. Clay has been on a Manning high for the past week. Ya just had to bring up Plummer. Clay's head just blew steam and rolled in front of the girl running through Buff's office. Needless to say, Clay got squished because Plummer and his middle finger.

Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    Aside from Cutler, we haven't had a QB worth being compared to since Elway retired. If it wasn't for Hurricane McD running him off, he would be the gold standard for all post-Elway QBs.
    Objection. Speculation.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    I doubt it.

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Wow, look at all the Plummer nostalgia...

IMO, the memories that folks are throwing out of Plummer remind me of childbirth from woman's perspective. The mind blocks out all the bad stuff - the pain, the anguish, the worry, the sleepless nights, the incessant need to pee, the swollen ankles, the lack of sex, the episiotomy, etc, etc, etc and focuses on the cute, cuddly baby (when it's not screaming, shitting, or puking). They forget all that stuff (actually the psyche dulls the bad memories or no woman would ever have more than one child).

Plummer was a bad QB and had just as much a hand in our losses as he did in our wins. He was a spectacle (not in a good way) off the field, was lazy, couldn't throw for shit from the pocket and required the bootleg to minimize his reads to 1/2 the field because he threw better on the run and was a bad decision maker. In short the EXACT SAME SHIT that folks complain about with Tebow's on-field game Plummer had the same problems with except that Tebow didn't try to force passes and get picked off as often (hence why neither are here, now). The difference was, this was Tebow's 2nd year and his first starting and Plummer was a 10 year vet.

Plummer's career TD/INT ratio is exactly 50/50 (161 TDs, 161 INTs). Sure, he made the playoffs a couple of times here (when our defense didn't rank in the bottom 4th of the league) and even beat NE once (our only playoff win with Plummer, BTW in which he threw one INT, one TD pass and had a 57% completion percentage with a 78.5 QBR - not exactly stellar) but most of the time he was getting his ass handed to him by the guy we just signed to be our starting QB.

I understand that there are a lot of folks who'd like to forget the last 4 years of Bronco history, but making the Plummer era out to be the "good old days" is way over the top. There's a reason Shanahan got rid of the dude... he just wasn't a good QB. I can guarantee you if he was our starting QB when Elway got the job, Plummer would've been replaced as fast as Tebow was. He wasn't any better than Tebow.

Plummer's career stats: 57.1% completion percentage, 161 TDs, 161 INTs, 74.6 QBR <- pathetic in the modern era.

Just thought a quick walk down memory lane was appropriate with all the new-found Plummer love.

BTW, Plummer is currently 37 and will be 38 years old in December for those of you who were wondering.
    Last edited by HORSEPOWER 56; 03-27-2012 at 08:02 PM.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

18. The Following User High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Quan Cosby

Lol WITH Plummer at his complete self centeredness he told the nfl to **** off and he plays handball in Idaho good job jake j

DDR

You are a fag for leaving us " lol

We love u jake come back and takeus to thesuperboooool **** off idiot but good joluv u
    - elway

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Plummer nostalgia? Shit! The past 3 years have made me nostalgic for Steve Beuelein. He couldn't be worse.......

21. The Following 2 Users High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information