Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: McShay: Seahawks Will Take Sanchez at #4

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by SmilinAssasSin27 View Post
    Especially since they will get a #1 from NYG and they could get 1 of McCoy or Donald Brown at either the end of the first or w/ their #2.
    yup. . . and then they're back on the clock again in a few picks, in a good position to get either the edge rusher or the CB that they so desperately need. . . . i don't expect them to do much this year, but they do have a chance to really score in the draft and at least set themselves up with some nice building blocks. . . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    TBD

If the Browns do not go with Crabtree at #5 and trade Edwards I will really start to question what is up with these old Patriots coaches, trading for the most part proven players for draft picks. (Don't want to get into anything with Cutler just pointing something out.)
    <script src='http://img43.imageshack.us/shareable/?i=pbj250px.gif&p=tl' type='text/javascript'></script><noscript></noscript>

Twitter: JBuck610
    Host morning drive sports talk program in Albuquerque.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

.....Could the Redskins make a move for Sanchez to prepare for Shanahan and this wouldn't surprise me???? Wouldn't Cutler be sick!!

Shanahan Eventually To Surface With ‘Skins?
    Posted by Mike Florio on April 20, 2009, 9:59 p.m.
    As the Washington Redskins continue to prepare for the second year of the Jim Zorn era, we’re hearing ongoing chatter that, come 2010, the head coach of the team will be former Broncos coach Mike Shanahan.

Of course, the ‘Skins might not end up getting a clear shot at Shanahan. With Cowboys coach Wade Phillips entering the final year of his contract and a new deal unlikely, Jerry Jones likely will be looking for a new head coach, too.

In the end, Shanahan’s final destination might come down to money. Specifically, the question will be the extent to which any team is willing to exceed the $7 million that Shanahan is due to receive from the Broncos regardless of whether he works next season.

So maybe, just maybe, the team’s flirtation with USC quarterback Mark Sanchez has less to do with making an impact in 2009, and more to do with helping set the table for Shanahan in 2010.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncosBlitz View Post
    .....Could the Redskins make a move for Sanchez to prepare for Shanahan and this wouldn't surprise me???? Wouldn't Cutler be sick!!

Shanahan Eventually To Surface With ‘Skins?
    Posted by Mike Florio on April 20, 2009, 9:59 p.m.
    As the Washington Redskins continue to prepare for the second year of the Jim Zorn era, we’re hearing ongoing chatter that, come 2010, the head coach of the team will be former Broncos coach Mike Shanahan.

Of course, the ‘Skins might not end up getting a clear shot at Shanahan. With Cowboys coach Wade Phillips entering the final year of his contract and a new deal unlikely, Jerry Jones likely will be looking for a new head coach, too.

In the end, Shanahan’s final destination might come down to money. Specifically, the question will be the extent to which any team is willing to exceed the $7 million that Shanahan is due to receive from the Broncos regardless of whether he works next season.

So maybe, just maybe, the team’s flirtation with USC quarterback Mark Sanchez has less to do with making an impact in 2009, and more to do with helping set the table for Shanahan in 2010.
    They dont have the ammo (picks) this year to get up to the 3 spot and beat out Seattle for Sanchez. The only thing they could do is swap firsts and send them next years first, but then they essentially throw away the edge rusher they need. Secondly, I dont see KC taking that offer.

IMO, Campbell has progressed decently and I think he can continue to improve. They'd be silly to sell the farm for Sanchez at this point...but it is Snyder

6. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    They dont have the ammo (picks) this year to get up to the 3 spot and beat out Seattle for Sanchez. The only thing they could do is swap firsts and send them next years first, but then they essentially throw away the edge rusher they need. Secondly, I dont see KC taking that offer.

IMO, Campbell has progressed decently and I think he can continue to improve. They'd be silly to sell the farm for Sanchez at this point...but it is Snyder
    True! But Snyder ceases to amaze me on the decisions he makes and the man has more than enough money to throw around.

I found this quoted by Peter King....."Snyder, the Washington owner, has one pick in the top 75, the 13th overall. He was willing to trade that pick plus next year’s first-round pick and something else to get Jay Cutler from Denver to replace Jason Campbell at quarterback. That failed, but I’m told Snyder is beyond smitten with Sanchez and will likely pursue him this week."

I guess stayed tuned while the 'draft' drama/rumors begins to heat up!

Here's his article......http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...=si_topstories
    Last edited by Nomad; 04-21-2009 at 12:48 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Chris "goldenrod" Simms

This is horrible news for us. If he were to drop to us at 12 I'm betting we could have traded down and picked up another 2nd or future pick.

Oh well if that happens atleast there is a better chance of someone else falling.
    TEBOW Bringing back the hb pass since 2012

Adopted Bronco:

True! But Snyder ceases to amaze me on the decisions he makes and the man has more than enough money to throw around.

I found this quoted by Peter King....."Snyder, the Washington owner, has one pick in the top 75, the 13th overall. He was willing to trade that pick plus next year’s first-round pick and something else to get Jay Cutler from Denver to replace Jason Campbell at quarterback. That failed, but I’m told Snyder is beyond smitten with Sanchez and will likely pursue him this week."

I guess I could understand giving that up for Cutler. At least he's shown his NFL potential. But as much as I like Sanchez, I still wouldnt give up that much for him...especially if I had not much else to work with.

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Synder may very well be smitten with Sanchez but Chaz is right he doesn't enough ammo to get from the 13th pick all the way up to the 3rd overall pick.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    Synder may very well be smitten with Sanchez but Chaz is right he doesn't enough ammo to get from the 13th pick all the way up to the 3rd overall pick.

True, I do agree with Chaz! It's fun to stir the pot though and the scenerio to get Shanny I found funny.... I guess my reasoning to post this. But hey never doubt Synder even if the idea sounds out of reach!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

True, I do agree with Chaz! It's fun to stir the pot though and the scenerio to get Shanny I found funny.... I guess my reasoning to post this. But hey never doubt Synder even if the idea sounds out of reach!!
    No kidding, Synder doesn't have the ammo but it doesn't prevent him from trying.

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

I hope Sanchez lasts until at least #9. Reason being, I don't see anyone in the top 7 "stealing" anyone from us. Not even Raji. Once we get to GB and San Fran, they both have similar needs as what I personally covet...NT and 3-4 DE. I presume the top 8 taken would be (INPO) J Smith, Monroe, A Smith, Curry, Stafford, Crabtree, Maclin and Orakpo. If Sanchez drops to 9, this is a reasonable spot for a team in the mid/late teens to make a move ahead of San Fran w/o giving up the farm AND a trade would remove a possible suitor for Raji and TJax...Green Bay. The "experts" say that GB would trade back at that point as the 3-4 OLBs are plentiful. Than that just leaves San Fran who could take 1 of the 2 I like, Michael Oher, Jenkins, Everette Brown or Maybin.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    I guess I could understand giving that up for Cutler. At least he's shown his NFL potential. But as much as I like Sanchez, I still wouldnt give up that much for him...especially if I had not much else to work with.
    unlike snyder, you actually have a clue. . . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information