Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: McShay: Seahawks Will Take Sanchez at #4

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

I would love Sanchez to go to Seattle cuz it means we aren't taking a QB. I didn't think we were anyways, but it'd be nice to put it to rest early on. Buffalo going OT would presumably free up another pass rusher.

Det-QB
    Stl-OT
    KC-LB/OT
    Sea-QB
    Clev-WR
    Cincy-OT/???
    Oak-WR
    Jax-OT
    GB-DT/DE/???
    SF-Pass rusher
    Buf-OT

In my estimation, the only pass rusher to go would be Orakpo...MAYBE a second one to GB. Buff would get the 4th best OT Smith, Monroe, Smith, Oher or even Pettigrew. Wonder if they'd give up the #28 for Scheff and a 3rd.

If so, then Josh Freeman should be happy as a puppy with two peters.

Someone.. **cough Jets** .. are prolly more likely to move up **cough Bucs** to get Freeman.

I like Sanchez but can't stand Freeman for this offense....he just seems like the complete wrong QB for this scheme of McD.

Adopted Bronco:
    TBD

Quote Originally Posted by SmilinAssasSin27 View Post
    I would love Sanchez to go to Seattle cuz it means we aren't taking a QB. I didn't think we were anyways, but it'd be nice to put it to rest early on. Buffalo going OT would presumably free up another pass rusher.

Det-QB
    Stl-OT
    KC-LB/OT
    Sea-QB
    Clev-WR
    Cincy-OT/???
    Oak-WR
    Jax-OT
    GB-DT/DE/???
    SF-Pass rusher
    Buf-OT

In my estimation, the only pass rusher to go would be Orakpo...MAYBE a second one to GB. Buff would get the 4th best OT Smith, Monroe, Smith, Oher or even Pettigrew. Wonder if they'd give up the #28 for Scheff and a 3rd.
    I definitly think the Buffalo situation is interesting. I don't think that the Broncos could get #28 from them for Scheff but they could be a likely trade partner. So at #11 you have OL, DE, and Pettigrew options for Buffalo. I agree that it could free up another pass rusher, it comes down to does Buffalo feel Oher is better then say Beatty or Britton which both could be gone by #28 so oher at #11 would have to be the pick.

I am not totaly sold on Sanchez at #4 it makes sense but so does an OT for the Hawks.

I think San Fran could save us as well from taking Sanchez unless the brass is set on him and trades up, but that's another story, SF could go QB/DE/ or OT, so the y could be one to take a pass rusher off the board but it looks like the Broncos will at least either have Maybin/Brown/Jackson to choose from at #12.
    <script src='http://img43.imageshack.us/shareable/?i=pbj250px.gif&p=tl' type='text/javascript'></script><noscript></noscript>

Twitter: JBuck610
    Host morning drive sports talk program in Albuquerque.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Det-QB
    Stl-OT
    KC-LB/OT
    Sea-QB
    Clev-WR
    Cincy-OT/???
    Oak-WR
    Jax-OT
    GB-DT/DE/???
    SF-Pass rusher
    Buf-OT

If things pan out the way you're suggesting Raji could easily slip to us with the 12th pick in the draft.
    Last edited by TXBRONC; 04-19-2009 at 11:07 PM.

5. The Following User High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    If things pan out the way you're suggesting Raji could easily slip to us with 12th pick in the draft.
    The key teams seem to be Kansas City, Seattle and Green Bay.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by MissouriBronc View Post
    Kansas City takes Curry!

Seattle takes Sanchez, unless Jets panic!

Green Bay takes Raji!

8. The Following User High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mario Haggan

KC would be foolish to pass on Curry and he'll probably be there. If he isn't though they could really use Raji. It would let them pair him with Dorsey and run a pretty effective one gap 3-4. IMO

Seattle signed Collin Cole in the off season and with their other holes they might look elsewhere for a rotational DT to go with him. However they seem to be pretty suited to picking BPA so if they think that's Raji he could go here. So if they are looking at Sanchez that's great news for us.

I think that there is no way that Green Bay picks Raji. They've got Pickett that they're high on as NT they've also got three other guys listed at NT on their roster.

Cleveland was also mentioned as a possibility which really depends on what they think is going to happen with disgruntled Rogers. If they think he's staying they pick something else, if they think he's going then they probably get Raji.

I think there's a better than even chance that Raji does slip to us in the first.

10. The Following User High Fived Fan in Exile For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

I do remember seeing where Cleveland is starting to really warm up to Raji!

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Cleveland has 3 gigantic bodies across the DLine and are trading Braylon next week. They will take Crabtree if he's there.

13. The Following User High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Cleveland has 3 gigantic bodies across the DLine and are trading Braylon next week. They will take Crabtree if he's there.

Or Sanchez, mineaswell clone him because he's going everywhere! You gotta love the week before the draft. Draft gurus scattering and hoping their predictions are money!!! I like reading rumors!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

i think you have to add jacksonville and oakland as well. . . . i do think the fade will take a receiver, but you can never predict al davis' moves with any certainty, and it's not like they don't need help on the D-line. . . .

everyone has the jags taking an OT, but they just signed tra thomas in FA-- they can wait if there's a player they like on the board, and they could really use a replacement for marcus stroud. . . .

for that matter, san fran could really use an upgrade at NT as well. . . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

I've been listening to local Clevland Sports radio all week and these fans are all over the place. Some want Wells at #5 to replace Lewis who just had a secret surgery...like he isn't getting old anyways. Why keep it a secret for draft day? Honetsty, who at 1-4 was gonna take Wells to keep him away from Cleveland?

Some want Curry...which I could understand although they have D'Qwell in the middle and some decent OLB youth.

Sanchez name has come up. Why, I don't know. They already have 2 QBs and noone to throw to.

Oddly enough, none of the fans have mentioned wanting a WR. They have 1 who led the league in drops and is about to be traded. Another retired. Another is being retired by the Florida Police and a kick returner who was a solid #3. Crabtree is a NO BRAINER, unless it's Maclin...but watch em make me look like an ass and take an OT.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

If this is the case that means Crabtree will probably go to the raiders. Im really against taking a QB early this draft if at all. My biggest reason is because we havent seen what Orton or Simms can even do in this system. Basing anything off of what they did elsewhere is pointless right now. I dont mind taking a Qb later in the draft but even then i think we just dont need one right now. Considering the history with McD and his QB's at NE i just dont see us drafting Sanchez. I think its a smoke screen to get a team like Seattle or Cleveland to bite so that a good defender drops. Like i said in the other thread im ok with taking a guy like Moreno but outside of that i want nothing but defenders.

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

i like crabtree to cleveland is close to a lock at this point. . . . if they take wells at #5, lerner should fire mangini and kokonis on the spot. . . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

20. The Following 2 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    i like crabtree to cleveland is close to a lock at this point. . . . if they take wells at #5, lerner should fire mangini and kokonis on the spot. . . .
    Especially since they will get a #1 from NYG and they could get 1 of McCoy or Donald Brown at either the end of the first or w/ their #2.

22. The Following User High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information