13 65.00%
  • Chris Wells

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Who would you take at 12?

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Ware-Wolfe

Question Who would you take at 12?

Which of these players would you most want at 12 if they are available?
    In Elway We Trust

knowshon

I concur. I actually like the way wells runs better. (behind his pads and his speed). BUt i think knowshon is a great fit, and more than a PERFECT fit for Mcd offense. Thats why we take know.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

None of the above.

5. The Following User High Fived slim For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Out of that list? Moreno would be the only one.

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Eric Decker

Moreno, if I had to pick one.
    "I'm petrified of nipple chafing"-Andy Bernard

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

Knowshon, but I would like him or wells at 18.
    Thanks MO for the wicked Sig.

Tyson Jackson

11. The Following 3 Users High Fived Broncolingus For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Deeeeeeeee-fensssssssse!
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Ware-Wolfe

We're in for a losing season so at least if we draft a high profile RB or QB it will make it exciting.
    At least that's my reasoning.

They would also have more of an impact on the team.
    Last edited by CrazyHorse; 04-16-2009 at 02:15 PM.
    In Elway We Trust

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyHorse View Post
    We're in for a losing season so at least if we draft a high profile RB or QB it will make it exciting.
    Ay, ay, ay, no me gusta!

Adopted Bronco:
    John Lynch (I dont care that he's not a Bronco anymore)

Neither of them. Tyson Jackson FTW.

- Thanks to Roddoliver for the sig!!

Not A Born Leader, I'm A Tough Act To Follow

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyHorse View Post
    Which explains why Tatum Bell is your adopted Bronco. You'd rather have a mediocre offensive player because it would be "exciting" than have a defensive player that helps you win.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Ware-Wolfe

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    Which explains why Tatum Bell is your adopted Bronco. You'd rather have a mediocre offensive player because it would be "exciting" than have a defensive player that helps you win.
    I'd rather have excellent offensive stars and a defense filled with solid starters that can be had in later rounds,
    In Elway We Trust

The shadow of Pikes Peak (aka the lee of the stone)
    Adopted Bronco:
    Wesley Woodyard

The problems with drafting DL in the first round:

- Most of them don't pan out as more than filler, and the bust rate is epic.
    - Even if they do pan out, it's normally not for at least 2-3 years.

The problem with not drafting DL in the first round:

- Most of the good ones ARE first rounders.

So you can draft later DL, but they're probably gonna be rotational players or system guys. But if you draft first-round players who don't pan out or who take to long to "get it" then you've lost the immediate impact that an Adrian Peterson or Patrick Willis type of "skill" player could give you.

Maualuga might only be a two-down thumper with average play-reading skills. He's still a safer choice than Raji or Jackson. With Jackson, you're looking for a non-flashy, run-stopping DE who rarely hears his name called for anything but does his job. And he might not get there.

And even if we were to get Raji, there's no guarantee he'd be good for our system or would pan out to be more than average. Or he might finally put it all together for our next head coach. DL has a steep learning curve going from college to the pros.

Which is why motor is such a big thing for me with DL. You want a guy who wants to be great. Raji's motor is...eh. I preferred Peria Jerry when we were in a 4-3, even with his potential ankle issues. I don't question his motor as much. But he's older. Peria's what, 24, 25? The growth in his game might not be there and he might have maxed out in college.

EVERY DL is a risk. You would think that about most positions, but there are far safer positions to draft than DL.

I wanted to spend our FA budget on DL and draft skill-players early and rotational DL later, and then spend the next couple years trying to stock some young DL and rotating through until we got the guys to fit our system.I would have relied on players like Jack Williams at CB instead of getting a bunch of vets for our defensive backfield (though I still think Dawkins is a good pickup from a locker room perspective).

Because if Jack doesn't work out I can use on of my couple of first-rounders next year on a CB who should be able to start practically instantly.

Instead, we're likely to try for DL who may never start for us. We worked on the back 8, a la Shanahan, and are leaving the front line for draft day, a la 2007. *shrugs* Once again, I hope Josh has great player eval skills. He's gonna need em if he's gonna use rookies to try to re-make the DL - or use the players we already have who failed in a 4-3 as great 3-4 players.

I certainly hope the force is with him. Jackson seems like the perfect fit for what we need if we intend to rebuild the DL using youth. In a few years he can be our Chris-Canty style edge player that lets the LB get all the sacks and the glory. Josh just has to hope he gets the rest of it right so he's still around to see it.

I still think it's Maualuga and Jackson. But of the above guys, I side with the majority: Moreno. Safest pick, most likely to have a long and hellaciously productive career. Think Curtis Martin/Thurman Thomas.

I'd probably take that over Chris Canty if it was offered, y'know. But McDaniels still hasn't shown us his hand.

~G
    "Dream as if you will live forever. Live as if you'll die today."
    -- James Dean

My novels Mason's Order and its sequel Mason's Pledge are now available at Amazon in both paperback and kindle versions.

19. The Following 2 Users High Fived G_Money For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information