Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Larsen to the Pats

Default Larsen to the Pats

According to PFT. Kind of surprised by this.

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

eh...

meh...

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

He's their type of player: selfless, versitile, and excels on STs. Also, IIRC he caught every pass ever thrown to him, I heard that during a telecast last season.

I know he struggled as a pure FB but I still think he's a good enough player to have a spot in this league. I also think a lot of his struggles as a FB during the McD years was terrible play design. I saw quite a few instances where McD had Larsen motion across the formation then try to block all the way back to the side he came from in the first place.

I'm sure this thread will get flooded with "good riddance he sucked" posts but I wouldn't have minded keeping him if he would have been used better. He was a STs demon at times. Remember his hit against KC on a kickoff his rookie year or the one against the Saints the same year?
    Let's Rid3!!!!

5. The Following 12 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Stokley, Miller, Wolfe

Totally agree Chazo.... I will miss him a lot. Just a over all good guy....hope they treat him well out there. Kind of funny that Broncos are now going to NE. If the guys are still on the team the next time they come to Denver I better be getting hugs from my boys, even if they playing for the B....
    Getting Stoked

7. The Following 4 Users High Fived pnbronco For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by 701Bronco View Post
    meh...
    Agreed. Meh.
    Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    I haven't seen anywhere in the news any 5 years olds chopping off their balls.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Death of the Fullback

Interesting article:

DENVER – Remember fullbacks?

Thirty to 50 years ago, they were often a team’s most effective runners. Jim Taylor. Larry Csonka. John Riggins. Ricky Bell. Fullbacks all. Heck, Bell was the No. 1 overall pick in the 1977 NFL Draft and appeared en route to a brilliant career before falling ill with dermatomyositis and succumbing to its complications seven years later.

After Riggins retired and Bell died, their role changed, but they remained vital. Often they were like offensive linemen, only slightly more glamorous because they caught passes out of the backfield. They blasted holes for the runners behind them and absorbed some of the most violent hits provided in the sport. Occasionally you got one who could run effectively enough to get as many carries as your average running back — e.g. Tampa Bay’s Mike Alstott — or find one who was practically a third wide receiver out of the backfield — e.g. Arizona’s Larry Centers — but mostly they did the grunt work and weren’t even on the field in long-yardage situations.
    rest - http://www.maxdenver.com/news/2012/0...-the-fullback/

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

10. The Following 3 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

I miss Mike Alstott.

confirms my suspicion that NE's rumoured interest in TT was them looking for an offensive/defensive swing dude that can play LB.
    If not me, who?

13. The Following User High Fived bcbronc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    VON

jack of all trades, master of none.

Thanks MasterShake!!!

15. The Following User High Fived MileHighCrew For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    I know minor point but the article is wrong about Ricky Bell. He wasn't a fullback he was always a tailback.

17. The Following User High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Randy Gradishar Steve Atwater

Special teams has taken a hit with the departures of Larsen and Royal.

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    He's their type of player: selfless, versitile, and excels on STs. Also, IIRC he caught every pass ever thrown to him, I heard that during a telecast last season.

I know he struggled as a pure FB but I still think he's a good enough player to have a spot in this league. I also think a lot of his struggles as a FB during the McD years was terrible play design. I saw quite a few instances where McD had Larsen motion across the formation then try to block all the way back to the side he came from in the first place.

I'm sure this thread will get flooded with "good riddance he sucked" posts but I wouldn't have minded keeping him if he would have been used better. He was a STs demon at times. Remember his hit against KC on a kickoff his rookie year or the one against the Saints the same year?
    McD was a genius he would have never designed a play like that... /sarcasim off
    Thanks MO for the wicked Sig.

20. The Following 2 Users High Fived claymore For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post

What until he gets ahold of McDaniels wife!!

22. The Following 3 Users High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by MileHighCrew View Post
    jack of all trades, master of none.
    Pretty much.

We need a real fullback and Larsen wasnt it. If he went to waste here than its good he is going somewhere we he can be used but FB isnt his position.

24. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information