Thread: Heres the deal

Default Heres the deal

Quit bagging on Tebow. I actually enjoyed last year, I think we taught the league a thing or two. But.....I think John wants to hold up a trophy and say "This ones for Pat"......so.....I am behind the organization for that. It's all in time in Denver.......watch out NFL.

2. The Following 4 Users High Fived Superchop 7 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

I know a guy who says he used to have Tebow as a friend on myspace and he used to post bulletins in ALL CAPS and use horrible grammar and repost those "If you don't repost this you're going to die" things.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

That's some bullshit. All caps? For real? Thats some real amateur crap.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Superchop 7 View Post
    Quit bagging on Tebow. I actually enjoyed last year, I think we taught the league a thing or two. But.....I think John wants to hold up a trophy and say "This ones for Pat"......so.....I am behind the organization for that. It's all in time in Denver.......watch out NFL.
    I think the bagging will stop when the whining and over exaggeration of how good Tebow is stops. It all kiind of goes hand in hand at his point. I cant think of anyone on this board who didnt like what happened last year but keeping it in perspective seems to upset people. A lot of the bagging is simply in response to the over glorification of Tebow's impact.

6. The Following 4 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Really, there's no point in discussing Tebow anymore. No amount of whining, praising, bashing, or criticizing on the forums/blogs is suddenly going to make John Elway reconsider his position and make him a Bronco again. The simple fact is that Tebow was a risky project, one that required a radically different offense around him to work right, and they chose not to gamble on him anymore. Peyton is a far better QB, and while he's an injury gamble, I can assure you that the medical staff/coaches did their homework on risk assessment. It might not work out. There's going to be people in many camps with the "I told you so" game regardless of how Manning works out (if he gets hurt, if he wins 14 games but comes short of the SB, or if he wins the SB, etc).

We can all wish Tebow luck. He's a great guy, and I hope he is successful in New York. He brings a dimension to an offense with his legs that you don't get with most QBs, but Manning brings an aspect with his mind/arm that you don't get with most QBs. But Tebow is not a Bronco anymore. No one went into crazy mode when they ditched Brian Griese or Jake Plummer, and there's no evidence Tebow was going to be any more effective than those people. He could be, but it's far from self-evident. It's also a fact that Tebow had many up moments and many down moments last year, just like with most QBs. Somehow, depending on who you ask, one of those elements will always be forgotten with Tebow and the other exaggerated.
    Last edited by cmc0605; 03-23-2012 at 10:35 PM.

8. The Following 5 Users High Fived cmc0605 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Quote Originally Posted by SeeingRed View Post
    That's some bullshit. All caps? For real? Thats some real amateur crap.

What a gaywad, amirite?

Seriously though, I want to buy a Tebow jersey. He gave Denver some refreshment.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    What a gaywad, amirite?

Seriously though, I want to buy a Tebow jersey. He gave Denver some refreshment.
    Now would probably be a good time to buy one
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

11. The Following User High Fived slim For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Leave Timmy alone!
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

I think the praising will stop when the whining and over exaggeration of how bad Tebow is stops. It all kiind of goes hand in hand at his point. I can think of people on this board who didnt like what happened last year but keeping it in perspective seems to upset people. A lot of the praising is simply in response to the under appreciation of Tebow's impact.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by wayninja View Post
    I think the praising will stop when the whining and over exaggeration of how bad Tebow is stops. It all kiind of goes hand in hand at his point. I can think of people on this board who didnt like what happened last year but keeping it in perspective seems to upset people. A lot of the praising is simply in response to the under appreciation of Tebow's impact.
    Nah. It was that bad. It was REALLY bad. Epically bad. I know you just don't get that....

Winning was cool. But no one in the history of the NFL has won with that bad of a quarterback. That's fact.

I wouldn't expect a repeat and obviously Elway did not expect one either. That's why he's gone.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    Now would probably be a good time to buy one
    There were some I saw on ebay for 50 bucks. but I just spent 100 bucks on crap I don't need today so I gotta hold back. Sorry Timmy.

Adopted Bronco:
    Darrent Williams

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    I know a guy who says he used to have Tebow as a friend on myspace and he used to post bulletins in ALL CAPS and use horrible grammar and repost those "If you don't repost this you're going to die" things.
    Tim is on my face book page.
    He only ever posted articulate, thoughtful, inspiring, hopeful posts... sometimes a bible verse.
    I've never seen a mispelled word or any of the crap you attribute to him.

Just more dishonest rumour mongering... in a thread asking to end this kind of crap now that the "Tebow Era" is over.

Nice. Real classy.
    AFC WEST Champions
    Steelers HATE US.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by PAINTERDAVE View Post
    Tim is on my face book page.
    He only ever posted articulate, thoughtful, inspiring, hopeful posts... sometimes a bible verse.
    I've never seen a mispelled word or any of the crap you attribute to him.

Just more dishonest rumour mongering... in a thread asking to end this kind of crap now that the "Tebow Era" is over.

Nice. Real classy.

Aberdien didnt say it was him but someone he knew.

18. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cmc0605:1597479
    Really, there's no point in discussing Tebow anymore. No amount of whining, praising, bashing, or criticizing on the forums/blogs is suddenly going to make John Elway reconsider his position and make him a Bronco again. The simple fact is that Tebow was a risky project, one that required a radically different offense around him to work right, and they chose not to gamble on him anymore. Peyton is a far better QB, and while he's an injury gamble, I can assure you that the medical staff/coaches did their homework on risk assessment. It might not work out. There's going to be people in many camps with the "I told you so" game regardless of how Manning works out (if he gets hurt, if he wins 14 games but comes short of the SB, or if he wins the SB, etc).

We can all wish Tebow luck. He's a great guy, and I hope he is successful in New York. He brings a dimension to an offense with his legs that you don't get with most QBs, but Manning brings an aspect with his mind/arm that you don't get with most QBs. But Tebow is not a Bronco anymore. No one went into crazy mode when they ditched Brian Griese or Jake Plummer, and there's no evidence Tebow was going to be any more effective than those people. He could be, but it's far from self-evident. It's also a fact that Tebow had many up moments and many down moments last year, just like with most QBs. Somehow, depending on who you ask, one of those elements will always be forgotten with Tebow and the other exaggerated.

No one got crazy when Plummer left cause he sucked, but I agree with what you say. Most people just won't break it down the same way. Even thought it makes complete sense

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information