Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Saturday is a Critical Target

Default Saturday is a Critical Target

This guy is the key to our offense. Obviously Manning is the real key, but Saturday can accelerate the learning curve of our offensive line immensely. Even at his age he's a superior player to JD Walton, and he's a general at the point of attack. He's been Manning's right hand man his entire career. Team's have thrown every scheme, look, and blitz at the Colts to try to stop Manning. Saturday has seen them all. You can't fool this guy. There's a reason that the Packers want him to come in and take over Green Bay's Oline.

The Broncos interior line was horrible at pass blocking last season. Bringing in Saturday would be the first step in improving that area. Add Manning's quick release and accuracy into the mix, and the Broncos are ready start putting some points up on the board again. We have to keep Manning upright. I'd be shocked if Elway doesn't see this as a critical signing. Yes, I think that Beadles also needs to be replaced, but it starts in the middle. If we aren't going to move Franklin to guard and let Beadles and Harris compete at right tackle like we've all been screaming for, at least we can shore up the center position. I have no doubt that Manning would love to have his trusted sidekick calling out the line adjustments once again. Saturday is one guy that the Broncos need to overpay for if that's what it takes to give Peyton his security blanket back. Hopefully we see an announcement that Jeff Saturday is a Denver Bronco by the end of the day.

2. The Following 6 Users High Fived Ziggy For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I suspect he'll be a Bronco by the end of the day.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

4. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Agreed Ziggy. Good post.

6. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

excellent post. And I completely agree with your idea about moving Franklin inside. He is a beast in short area. I also would be completely happy if we could finally get Harris to stay healthy for a year. If by some miracle that would happen our o line would become one of the best in the league.

8. The Following 3 Users High Fived Jsteve01 For This Post:

I agree that Saturday at Center is a must have. I'm concerned about moving Franklin to LG. There are a lot of uncertainties, but if Kuper can come back full strength, I feel that the positives of the tandem of Kuper and Franklin on the right side for our RUN game, outweigh the deficiencies of Franklin's Pass protection. What I would like to see is an experienced OG brought in soon in FA, then Beadles would have someone to back up and gain more experience.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Yeah...Denver's offensive line was pretty bad last year...especially when the QB that started the majority of the games held on to the ball for 10 seconds every time it was snapped to him. Horrible line. Just horrible.

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

pff had Walton as the worst rated center in the league. Beadles was bottom third at guard

12. The Following User High Fived Jsteve01 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Jsteve01 View Post
    pff had Walton as the worst rated center in the league. Beadles was bottom third at guard
    I forgot to mention that. Saturday was the 5th rated center in the NFL.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Grover View Post
    I agree that Saturday at Center is a must have. I'm concerned about moving Franklin to LG. There are a lot of uncertainties, but if Kuper can come back full strength, I feel that the positives of the tandem of Kuper and Franklin on the right side for our RUN game, outweigh the deficiencies of Franklin's Pass protection. What I would like to see is an experienced OG brought in soon in FA, then Beadles would have someone to back up and gain more experience.
    Sign Saturday and Kosier and we're good

Quote Originally Posted by Grover View Post
    I'd agree with that whole-heartedly if Tebow was still our QB. As it stands, we have a different type of offense now. We no longer have a run first offense. He's a pure pocket QB who's going to be slinging it most of the time. The last season that he was healthy, the Colts threw the ball 679 times, and ran it 393 times. Pass protection has become priority 1A for the Broncos.

“@AdamSchefter: Former Colts C Jeff Saturday is close to agreeing to a deal with the Packers. "Not done, but very likely," said source familiar with deal.”

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by dbfan2007 View Post
    “@AdamSchefter: Former Colts C Jeff Saturday is close to agreeing to a deal with the Packers. "Not done, but very likely," said source familiar with deal.”
    That sucks. I'm surprised by this. i really thought we'd get him. It aint over yet I guess.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

I'm surprised as well. I thought it'd be a sure thing.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Lame, JD Walton is a liability.

21. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information