Thread: Assassin's Post-Tebow, Pre-Manning Mock Draft

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Default Assassin's Post-Tebow, Pre-Manning Mock Draft

I believe we will continue to address the secondary via FA and doubt we use any picks on it this draft. We are in dire need of RBs, WRs and DTs. Also need an OLineman or 2 and an OLB in case DJ doesn't win the appeal.

ROUND 1
    Devon Still, DT, Penn State

I prefer a Guard here, but Free Agency has left a gaping hole on the DLine. Jerel Worthy would also be an option here.

ROUND 2
    Nate Potter, OT, Boise State

Franklin won't keep Manning safe. Move him to a Guard spot and let Potter handle the RT duties. Adding Saturday will make this line very formidable.

ROUND 3
    Keenan Robinson, OLB, Texas

DJ is aging and suspended. Wes is small. We need a bigger body on the outside as teams like to run when playing against Manning. Robinson has the beef and athleticism to be our WILL of the future.

ROUND 4A
    Isaiah Pead, RB, Cincinnati

Perfect for Manning's stretch running play offense. Pead has skills and may be the biggest sleeper of this draft now that the Doug Martin secret has been let out. Love this kid.

ROUND 4B
    Ryan Broyles, WR, Oklahoma

Possibly the most pure WR in this class. His injury will make him drop. If he stays healthy, a HUGE steal.

ROUND 5A
    Jaye Howard, DT, Florida

Another plugger for the DLine rotation.

ROUND 5B
    Jarius Wright, WR, Arkansas

New return man who excelled vs high level SEC competition. Kid has speed to burn.

ROUND 6
    Tauren Poole, RB, Tennessee

More stable, dependable depth in the backfield.

Last edited by SmilinAssasSin27; 03-21-2012 at 09:41 PM.

Two RBs AND two WRs? No thanks. How are you going to get them all on the roster? Get one of each and add a corner and another LB/DB/OL instead. imo.
    If not me, who?

Do we have a comp pick in the 5th? Where is the 6th from the Jets, do you have that as the 2nd 5th?

First, due to his age I think we'll use Warren in the NT role which Stills is suited to but to match up with Warren I think we'd need Cox or Reyes, faster penetration guys...

Second, everybody keeps forgetting we have Ryan Harris who if healthy gives you more than what Potter would. Potter is ranked lower and is generally considered a LT not a RT. I don't think we can afford to miss on a sleeper. Massie or Schartz would be better I think but I'm wary of the rookie learning curve. I'd prefer Glenn with his size & speed but he won't last... Adams while rookie learning curve is an issue too probably doesn't last.

Keenan is a perfect Raiders guy if you ask me we don't need to replace that part of DJ and isn't he considered more of an ILB instead of an OLB? Not sure there will be a value OLB at this point but we have to grab a CB by this point.

Pead & Poole, just can't see it with Knowshon around, more of a McGahee type is called for I think. We can replace Knowshon next year.

Broyles & J Wright are both injury risks and Wright is really undersized - I prefer Devon Wylie instead.

Howard, ok that's about the right spot for him.

Poole, if he lasts this long ok.

We have so many needs can't really afford more than one guy at each position. Although I'd allow an extra at DT & CB if it's the bpa.

Nice effort though...

Quote Originally Posted by SpringsBroncoFan View Post
    Do we have a comp pick in the 5th? Where is the 6th from the Jets, do you have that as the 2nd 5th?

First, due to his age I think we'll use Warren in the NT role which Stills is suited to but to match up with Warren I think we'd need Cox or Reyes, faster penetration guys...

Second, everybody keeps forgetting we have Ryan Harris who if healthy gives you more than what Potter would. Potter is ranked lower and is generally considered a LT not a RT. I don't think we can afford to miss on a sleeper. Massie or Schartz would be better I think but I'm wary of the rookie learning curve. I'd prefer Glenn with his size & speed but he won't last... Adams while rookie learning curve is an issue too probably doesn't last.

Keenan is a perfect Raiders guy if you ask me we don't need to replace that part of DJ and isn't he considered more of an ILB instead of an OLB? Not sure there will be a value OLB at this point but we have to grab a CB by this point.

Pead & Poole, just can't see it with Knowshon around, more of a McGahee type is called for I think. We can replace Knowshon next year.

Broyles & J Wright are both injury risks and Wright is really undersized - I prefer Devon Wylie instead.

Howard, ok that's about the right spot for him.

Poole, if he lasts this long ok.

We have so many needs can't really afford more than one guy at each position. Although I'd allow an extra at DT & CB if it's the bpa.

Nice effort though...
    We got the fifth from St Louis and we didn't have a 6th before the NY trade.

5. The Following User High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by dbfan2007 View Post
    We got the fifth from St Louis and we didn't have a 6th before the NY trade.
    Thanks - guess I need to keep up...

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Cox may be gone by 15, let alone 25. Besides, he's not ready for prime time. We now have a 3 year window and must get guys who can step in day 1, like Still or Worthy.

Harris sucks and is coming off of yet another back injury.

Keenan is OLB...and we need those. Wes is a ST guy who can fill in at times. He's not a starter.

We need RBs. Knowshon sucks and is oft-injured. McGahee is old, oft-injured and fumbles a lot. We need a stable.

We just signed Porter at CB and I think we spend more time getting weapons for PM and addressing the front 7 on D.

8. The Following User High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

I will have 1 final mock some time this week...maybe even tonight. I'm gonna read some of the scuttlebutt from the "insiders" and base it off of what I think may happen, rather than what I'd like to see.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information