Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Comparing the pass rushers

Quote Originally Posted by honz View Post
    Anybody whose stock rises significantly after the season is over I am skeptical of. Johnson is one of those guys. I say no thanks to any players that have questions about their heart, desire, or commitment to the game...especially in the first round. Give me high floor over possible high ceiling every time. That's not to say that some of the project players drafted on day 1 don't turn out to be very good players, but there are far too many busts due to players being drafted based on potential.
    johnson was actually the opposite, he was projected as a top 5 or 10 pick before the season and while he had what id say was a very respectable season he has fallen due to not living up to the huge expectations he had.

add in the fact that people say he lacks heart and desire for some reason he has fallen and many other people have risen like maybin

i think he is well worth the #18 pick with his potential, i mean he WAS productive in college and is a physical freak that you need as a rush LB and he can cover TEs and RBs out of the backfield
    ------
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
    ------

Adopted Bronco:
    Knowshon Moreno

Maybin is another 1 year wonder that I am wary of. I'm just saying that it seems most people are more impressed with Johnson's physical gifts and his workouts than they are his play when they watch the tape. That's the kind of guy I would like us to avoid early in the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by honz View Post
    Maybin is another 1 year wonder that I am wary of. I'm just saying that it seems most people are more impressed with Johnson's physical gifts and his workouts than they are his play when they watch the tape. That's the kind of guy I would like us to avoid early in the draft.
    most of these guys are one year wonders. the draft is just a guess and if brown and orkpo are gone at 12 then im just saying johnson at 18 wouldnt mke me upset at all

maybin brown orakpo johnson

they all put up pretty similar numbers through their career, we NEED IMO one of these guys (less maybin) in order to get that much needed pressure on the QB and maintain our 3-4 scheme

not to mention that johnson and brown preformed really well in the LB drills, better than orakpo
    ------
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
    ------

Adopted Bronco:
    John Lynch (I dont care that he's not a Bronco anymore)

I hope that Clint Sintim falls to us in the 2nd round. That would be excellent.

- Thanks to Roddoliver for the sig!!

Not A Born Leader, I'm A Tough Act To Follow

Quote Originally Posted by getlynched47 View Post
    I hope that Clint Sintim falls to us in the 2nd round. That would be excellent.
    agree i really like sintim as well, i would really love to trade back with our #12 if brown isnt there pick up a late first somewhere in the 20s pick up another second

then we could possibly have the first 2 rounds look something like this

1a tyson jackson
    1b michael johnson/moreno
    2a ron brace/clint sintim depending on who we take with 1b
    2b william moore/patrick chung

that probably gives us 4 starters on this pitiful D

and as you can tell brown is my first choice in this draft!!
    ------
    ------

6. The Following User High Fived SBboundBRONCOS For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by SBboundBRONCOS View Post
    agree i really like sintim as well, i would really love to trade back with our #12 if brown isnt there pick up a late first somewhere in the 20s pick up another second

then we could possibly have the first 2 rounds look something like this

1a tyson jackson
    1b michael johnson/moreno
    2a ron brace/clint sintim depending on who we take with 1b
    2b william moore/patrick chung

that probably gives us 4 starters on this pitiful D

and as you can tell brown is my first choice in this draft!!
    Donald Brown? Or Everette Brown?

I honestly don't see Ron Brace slipping into the second round. Teams are in need of a 3-4 Nose Tackle, because there are like 3 or 4 teams switching to the 3-4 this season in addition to the other 3-4 teams that don't have a legitimate presence at Nose Tackle.

It would be a HUGE reach, but I probably would grab Ron Brace with 18, take Tyson Jackson with 12, use our second round pick on the best pass rusher available, and use the two 3rd round picks on Chip Vaugh/Michael Hamlin and Asher Allen.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

i like sintim, brown, and johnson

i dont care what people say about johnson and his ethic, his productivity speaks for itself, id risk #18 on him but would love for him to be there in the 2nd i just dont see it happenin

i dont like english as our OLB nor maybin or orakpo

ideally at least for me it would be #12 brown #18 maualuga/moreno/wells/jackson

or

#12 raji/jackson/moreno and #18 johnson

or

#12 + #18 raji/jackson/maualuga/moreno and #48 sintim
    I wouldn't use a first round pick on Johnson.

9. The Following User High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    Michael Johnson has "bust" written all over him. But then again I said the same thing about Chris Johnson of the Titans.

it wouldnt be my first choice but i dont see him or sintim slipping to 48 and if we could trade down it would make him even more enticing

idk why but i really like him in the late first unless we get Brown at 12, i think he will excel at OLB in the NFL rather than a hand in the dirt type player

also just because someones stock rises because of the combine doesnt make them a "workout warrior" johnson put up some pretty good numbers this last year and has the athletic talent as well

clay matthews is a workout warrior and i have no idea why people are so enamored with him i mean 9 TFL and 4 sacks and you want they guy to be our OLB
    Last edited by SBboundBRONCOS; 04-12-2009 at 10:30 PM.
    ------
    ------

12. The Following User High Fived SBboundBRONCOS For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

I don't like Johnson...but if he fell into the 2nd his talent may be worth the flier...but only after we get tougher w/ TJax and Sintim.

14. The Following User High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by SmilinAssasSin27 View Post
    I don't like Johnson...but if he fell into the 2nd his talent may be worth the flier...but only after we get tougher w/ TJax and Sintim.
    I wouldn't have a problem with that either.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

it wouldnt be my first choice but i dont see him or sintim slipping to 48 and if we could trade down it would make him even more enticing

idk why but i really like him in the late first unless we get Brown at 12, i think he will excel at OLB in the NFL rather than a hand in the dirt type player

also just because someones stock rises because of the combine doesnt make them a "workout warrior" johnson put up some pretty good numbers this last year and has the athletic talent as well

clay matthews is a workout warrior and i have no idea why people are so enamored with him i mean 9 TFL and 4 sacks and you want they guy to be our OLB
    From what I heard Johnson is arguable the most athletically gifted player in the draft so there is reason to like the guy. The knock on him the way I understand it is that he doesn't always show up. That being said I agree with SA on taking a flier on him in the second round if he's available.
    Last edited by TXBRONC; 04-13-2009 at 10:06 PM.

From what I heard Johnson is arguable the most athletically gifted player in the draft so there is reason to like the guy. The knock on him the way I understand it is that he doesn't always show up. That being said I agree with SA on taking a flier on him in the second round if he's available.
    i think he translates to our OLB much better than most other prospects his change of direction, speed, strength, are just not matched in this draft,

but if we could get him and sintim and raji/jackson and then say brinkley in the 3rd our front 7 could be potentially dominating,

i have no confidence in Moss or Doom to be able to hold down the edges in the 3-4, maybe one proves me wrong but i just dont see it
    ------
    ------

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information