Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Denver FO covering asses again.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullgator View Post
    I agree... btw the trade has hit a hicup... 5 mil in fine print has NY backpedaling..

+ the reception in NY has been ICE COLD... very negative... looks like Tebow might go to Jax anyhow... fingers crossed.
    Yep, you may be right.

NFC West Blogger on ESPN supporting Bullgator's theory of setting up Teebs for failure...

Protecting John Elway. Getting Manning allowed the Denver Broncos to dump Tebow without incurring much fallout from Tebow's large and passionate fan base. Setting up Tebow for failure in the future would further insulate the Broncos from criticism if the Manning acquisition doesn't produce the desired results. Jets fans would be quick to chant for Tebow and also quick to boo him at the first sign of failure. And in St. Louis, Bradford's presence would block Tebow from the lineup for the foreseeable future.
    http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post...t-in-tim-tebow

I still don't buy it, but I find it interesting that outsiders see this as a possiblility as well...I think the Broncos are looking for the best deal period, but all offers being equal, perhaps this theory doesn't seem so far out of left field.

3. The Following User High Fived vandammage13 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

Quote Originally Posted by vandammage13 View Post
    NFC West Blogger on ESPN supporting Bullgator's theory of setting up Teebs for failure...

I still don't buy it, but I find it interesting that outsiders see this as a possiblility as well...I think the Broncos are looking for the best deal period, but all offers being equal, perhaps this theory doesn't seem so far out of left field.
    They must buy their crack at the same place!
    Thanks MO for the wicked Sig.

5. The Following 6 Users High Fived claymore For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by claymore View Post
    They must buy their crack at the same place!
    haha...yeah i don't buy it, but it does go along with the narrative quite nicely.

7. The Following User High Fived vandammage13 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Why would he want the guy he wants to enter his daughter to fail? It makes no sense.

9. The Following User High Fived wayninja For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

The part of me that likes Tim Tebow doesn't want him to go to New York. The part of me that hates his fans wants him to go to New York.

Could you imagine the hilarity when the New York shock jocks get ahold of his idiot fans?

And you thought DMac was a dick.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by wayninja View Post
    Why would he want the guy he wants to enter his daughter to fail? It makes no sense.
    Trading him in the first place doesn't really make much sense to me..

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    The part of me that likes Tim Tebow doesn't want him to go to New York. The part of me that hates his fans wants him to go to New York.

Could you imagine the hilarity when the New York shock jocks get ahold of his idiot fans?

And you thought DMac was a dick.
    I hope Tebow and all his fans walk into the ocean and never come back.
    Thanks MO for the wicked Sig.

14. The Following User High Fived claymore For This Post:

The shadow of Pikes Peak (aka the lee of the stone)
    Adopted Bronco:
    Wesley Woodyard

Because I hate Sanchez, Tebow in NY would be freaking awesome. Sanchez is a coddled mental midget who can't throw or lead.

Tebow is one of the mentally strongest players around, as well as being a great leader who is barely worse than Sanchez at throwing the ball. A run-dominant philosophy with serious talent? Good times. Plus I'd want to see the Jets on Hard Knocks again to hear Rex trying not to cuss every other word because Tim is sitting there in the meeting with him with his Jesus-Face on.

Nobody handles the media better than Tebow. NY can't break him, even if it has his fans who listen to talk radio jumping off bridges in apoplexy.

The end of 2012 could see Sanchez curled up in a fetal ball while crowds chant Tebow's name. I would laugh my ass off at that.

But since he'd prefer to be in J-Ville, that's what I would hope for for him.

NY would be GREAT theater though...

~G
    "Dream as if you will live forever. Live as if you'll die today."
    -- James Dean

My novels Mason's Order and its sequel Mason's Pledge are now available at Amazon in both paperback and kindle versions.

16. The Following 6 Users High Fived G_Money For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Quote Originally Posted by claymore View Post
    I hope Tebow and all his fans walk into the ocean and never come back.
    Don't get all cranky now, you were in such a good mood earlier. It'll happen soon, little buddy, this won't hold up things for long.

18. The Following User High Fived wayninja For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

It does kinda make you worry about how they report things though.. What if tomorrow it was announced that there was a 'wrinkle' in Mannings contract???

Quote Originally Posted by wayninja View Post
    It does kinda make you worry about how they report things though.. What if tomorrow it was announced that there was a 'wrinkle' in Mannings contract???
    Much more unlikely since both Denver and the Condon sat down to construct the contract including all details of said contract.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Don't wish ill will on Tebow because of his fans. You gotta seperate the two. It's not fair to blame Tebow, who is a genuine and excellent young man, for the actions of some cooky fans.

I wish nothing but success for him. I know it sounds corny but the world is a better place when good guys like Tebow succeed.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Ricky Nattiel

Quote Originally Posted by vandammage13 View Post

Believe me everyone outside of Denver thinks this angle has merit.

You gotta understand that it was no secret that Elway never liked Tebow as his guy. Neither did Fox... their hand was forced. The fans forced a coup and so the only way you can get rid of him is to sign a legend like manning...

Elway squirted in his longjohns when he signed Manning, not only because he got a HoF QB but because he could finally get rid of "the Tebow Thing"...

The problem is the future fall out of this decision... remember getting a 37 year old QB with 4 neck surgeries and nerve damage is a huge risk. If he doesnt pan out John needs insurance... that insurance is Tebow not taking a team like the jags to the playoffs... so all things being equal no way do you send him somewhere he can flourish... you send him to the rams or the jets where he will be an effing fullback or so his circus can cause a QB controversy.

Now is this Johns goal? NO but its in his mind as a best case scenario and you better believe if he can make it happen he will... its self preservation.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Can you imagine if the shock jocks got ahold of that cockamamy bullshit?

No, that doesn't hold creedence, because they already agreed to a trade with a team where he would compete for a job and would play by mid season when Sanchez shit the bed.

And it's already widely reported that the New York deal blew Jacksonville's piddly little offer out of the water.

Seriously...
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

24. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information