Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Report: Tebow headed to Jets or Jags

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain II

Quote Originally Posted by wayninja View Post
    That doesn't really explain anything though. What exactly about it is 'off the charts' and what practical challenge or difficulty does that present (other than chanting/booing)?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending it, I'm just trying to understand what's so nefarious about it and why it is so unnatractive. There are certain things that are annoying, without question, but I'm annoyed by the way my wife says the word 'regularly', so that not saying a lot.
    Way, I'm not going to convince you differently. It's like the eye test. I don't know who the greatest quarterback of all time is but I know who I like. Tebow's zealots are the most fanatical fans I have ever seen. That comes from my experience. You have your own experiences and obviously see things differently. I understand Elway's thinking. I don't agree with it but I understand it. I hope they ship Tim to Jax. He has a chance of starting there and he is at home.
    2009 & 2020 Broncos Forums Pick'em King
    2011 & 2019 Broncos Forums Survival Football Champion

2. The Following User High Fived Canmore For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Quote Originally Posted by Canmore View Post
    Way, I'm not going to convince you differently. It's like the eye test. I don't know who the greatest quarterback of all time is but I know who I like. Tebow's zealots are the most fanatical fans I have ever seen. That comes from my experience. You have your own experiences and obviously see things differently. I understand Elway's thinking. I don't agree with it but I understand it. I hope they ship Tim to Jax. He has a chance of starting there and he is at home.
    I think you are misunderstanding, I'm really not trying to argue with it. Sometimes I have a hard time not coming off as argumentative. I'm genuinely ignorant of what exactly the 'circus' is. It sounds to me like an umbrella term for a group of fans that basically act irriationally an otherwise cause a distraction. This distraction is most clearly visible during games when chants about a specifc player or excessive booing can be heard. It also reaches into the digital community where fans posts rant, tirades, threats or anything basically extreme. Is there more to it? Am I missing stuff? Again, I'm not asking a leading question that I'm going to argue with you over, I'm genuinely looking to get a clearly understanding of what exactly 'it' is and what exactly would justify losing out on or at worst, punishing a player over.

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain II

I think you are misunderstanding, I'm really not trying to argue with it. Sometimes I have a hard time not coming off as argumentative. I'm genuinely ignorant of what exactly the 'circus' is. It sounds to me like an umbrella term for a group of fans that basically act irriationally an otherwise cause a distraction. This distraction is most clearly visible during games when chants about a specifc player or excessive booing can be heard. It also reaches into the digital community where fans posts rant, tirades, threats or anything basically extreme. Is there more to it? Am I missing stuff? Again, I'm not asking a leading question that I'm going to argue with you over, I'm genuinely looking to get a clearly understanding of what exactly 'it' is and what exactly would justify losing out on or at worst, punishing a player over.
    I think you pretty much summed it up. I have never seen a large, even though a minority of fans so consumed by one player and make such a vocal presentation. In today's media age will we see it again? I doubt it. Tebow's background makes for a groundswell of shall we say casual NFL fans that are "religious" in following him. It is like The Perfect Storm if you follow my meaning.

5. The Following User High Fived Canmore For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

I think you pretty much summed it up. I have never seen a large, even though a minority of fans so consumed by one player and make such a vocal presentation. In today's media age will we see it again? I doubt it. Tebow's background makes for a groundswell of shall we say casual NFL fans that are "religious" in following him. It is like The Perfect Storm if you follow my meaning.
    Yeah, I guess I sorta get it and of course I see it, I just don't really get what obstacle that is to the FO. There's always been annoying dipshits out in cyberspace and there always will be. Who cares if there's proportionately more of them this time? Shouldn't reflect on or factor into the evaluation of a player.

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain II

Yeah, I guess I sorta get it and of course I see it, I just don't really get what obstacle that is to the FO. There's always been annoying dipshits out in cyberspace and there always will be. Who cares if there's proportionately more of them this time? Shouldn't reflect on or factor into the evaluation of a player.
    I don't agree with Elway in trading Tebow. He's a player that has shown he can win in this league with very few reps. I just understand the "need" to get rid of a very vocal distraction. I believe it's called chemistry. I hope he is right.

I would LOVE for him to land with the Jets. Watch him and Dirty duke it out for the top spot. But then again, the Jets are going to need a running back this season... *taps chin thoughtfully*

I don't agree with Elway in trading Tebow. He's a player that has shown he can win in this league with very few reps. I just understand the "need" to get rid of a very vocal distraction. I believe it's called chemistry. I hope he is right.
    I am sorry. Tebow gets a little TOO much credit for Denver's success. I honestly think your defense deserves more of the credit for that success than Tebow does. Yeah Tebow created plays with his legs, but he is no NFL quarterback. They had to change the entire offense so that he could be successful. That isn't good. That means he was struggling to learn Denver's original offense. I would be willing to bet that if they Denver had never changed the offense to suit Tebow, Denver probably would have missed the playoffs.
    Last edited by DisturbedShifty; 03-21-2012 at 01:36 AM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Quote Originally Posted by dbfan2007 View Post
    Her completion percentage of saying the word regularly correct is under 50%. It's never going to work with her. I know you like her as a person, don't ge me wrong. But as a wife she just doesn't have the skill set. I think it's time for a trade.
    That's true and when I said my vows that I would always be faithful, that WAS true at the time. I had no idea that the new sales rep for the westen region would be such a tight little box.

Besides, she'll land her feet, I'm probably doing her a favor anyway since she's not going to get the reps with me.

10. The Following User High Fived wayninja For This Post:

If Elway is going to trade Tebow, I'm glad the plan seems to be to get it done ASAP. It's best for all parties to not let this drag out and become a negative situation.

Personally, I think NYJ is the best place for Tebow to wind up. Sanchez is an okay QB, but he's not so good you don't want to take the ball out of his hands. Tebow would help NJY with their "ground and pound" game and would be a nice complement to Sanchez. The Jets got Brad Smith a big payday, and their new OC had success running the Wildcat in Miami. Another bonus, the Tebow circus would be a welcome distraction from their gong show head coach.

JAX I believe would be a career killer for Tebow. If Tebow ends up in JAX, impressions are that it's an owner overriding his football peeps for the sake of the business end. That's not how successful franchises operate. I also don't think being in JAX would allow Tebow any development time. The pressure would be huge, the Teboi's would make life hell on the franchise, and unless Tebow really grabs the brass ring right out of the gate, every mundane detail will get blown into full scale controversy. TT might enjoy playing at home again, but I don't feel it's the best place for his career.
    If not me, who?

12. The Following User High Fived bcbronc For This Post:

Sheesh. Sounds like AFC then...
    Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    I haven't seen anywhere in the news any 5 years olds chopping off their balls.

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    Pssh, as if they need our help.
    Maybe not exactly need, but you know you want to see the Sanchez-Tebow cluster**** as badly as I do.

15. The Following User High Fived SM19 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

I hope he goes to the highest bidder. He needs to stop being a sally and whining to his freinds.
    Thanks MO for the wicked Sig.

Quote Originally Posted by claymore:1591795
    I hope he goes to the highest bidder. He needs to stop being a sally and whining to his freinds.
    Exactly clay....in a perfect world we would still have cutler and company......never would have had any of this go on and jst built the defense rhe last 4 years.....highest biddee gets him....i wouldnt mind getting gabberr from jacksonville to learn from manning though!
    kyle "the fainting goat" orton!
    Josh McDinkieDoink McDaniels
    Greatest HC QB Duo, starring in "MY OFFENSE IS OFFENSIVE"

18. The Following User High Fived broken12 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by broken12 View Post
    Exactly clay....in a perfect world we would still have cutler and company......never would have had any of this go on and jst built the defense rhe last 4 years.....highest biddee gets him....i wouldnt mind getting gabberr from jacksonville to learn from manning though!
    Now who is being a Sally and whining?
    Let's Rid3!!!!

20. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I still just don't get it. I understand the distraction of having fans booing/chanting for a specific player, but beyond that, what really does the circus mean?

I hear it so often, but just don't see how his fans are, in practice, any different than any other player specific fans. We've already seen a few douche-wads come in here and claim that we should be thanking Manning that he would deign do grace us with his presence. Is trading one form of ridiculous arrogance for another really all that great?

I won't see be sad to see a lot of them go, but there are definitely exceptions. Catfish was a great contribution to the forums, but ultimately is more dedicated to Tebow than the Broncos, but still proof that no two fan is alike and you can't simply guarantee that a crazy minority fandom for any player isn't going to do stupid and distracting shit.
    The difference is that they follow a player. They don't root for the team they root for a player they leave when the player leaves. The fringe usually doesn't take it very well when they're guy catches any kind of criticism. There seems to always be a conspiracy on how their guy is getting screwed and all they want to freakin talk about is said player. Everything revolves around that player. Denver fans are going to be here irregardless. Several of our fans were strong advocates for Tebow but they're not going to drag up if Tebow gets traded.

Where they are similar is that if this signing blows up in EFX's faces many will be all over it and rightfully so but again I don't think they would stop being fans of the team just because the deal turns out to be piece of shit.

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

I would rather have a player than a pick. Id be shocked/happy as hell to get a 4th, so whatever player we could get would probably be better.

Id be shocked to get Gabbert. Id take it!
    Thanks MO for the wicked Sig.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information