Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Why are we trading Tebow?

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Default Why are we trading Tebow?

Sorry for making a new thread about this, but in every thread I've asked no one has even attempted an answer.

I don't see how it makes sense to trade tebow unless he is requesting it. I haven't seen any reports that this is the case.

It's been widely reported that the Broncos WILL Trade Tebow and I've seen it go so far as to say if no one takes him, he'll be cut.

Can someone who knows more about this business please explain how this makes any sense and why we would simply cut him and get nothing?

2. The Following 3 Users High Fived wayninja For This Post:

I think the FO wants more of a traditional QB to back up/groom behind Manning. Someone closer to Mannings skill set so they can build the rest of the team for that kind of offense.
    Bill Williamson:

"The Broncos went from one of the more attractive organizations in the NFL to one in total disarray. McDaniels will go down as one of the most reviled figures in Denver sports history".

4. The Following 7 Users High Fived turftoad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Quote Originally Posted by turftoad View Post
    I think the FO wants more of a traditional QB to back up/groom behind Manning. Someone closer to Mannings skill set so they can build the rest of the team for that kind of offense.
    And they can't do that with Tebow on the team?

Quote Originally Posted by wayninja View Post
    Sorry for making a new thread about this, but in every thread I've asked no one has even attempted an answer.

I don't see how it makes sense to trade tebow unless he is requesting it. I haven't seen any reports that this is the case.

It's been widely reported that the Broncos WILL Trade Tebow and I've seen it go so far as to say if no one takes him, he'll be cut.

Can someone who knows more about this business please explain how this makes any sense and why we would simply cut him and get nothing?
    One answer Tebow can understand is Matthew 6:24 "No one can serve two masters"

I think to be fair to Tebow we let him play somewhere rather than having to sit until he's almost 30. I hope he goes to San Francisco.

I honestly think the organization just wants to rid of his PR that comes with him.

I think that's one of the reasons why they went after Manning. It gave them an excuse.

9. The Following 4 Users High Fived silkamilkamonico For This Post:

they want to trade tebow to be fair to him as a player and QB

you guys constantly talk about how fair this FO is to players, this is what they are doing

additionally, T2 is not going to ever learn anything from Manning or a Manning driven offense so why take up a roster spot

and finally they have to try and get something back for him b/c he was a 1st rounder 2 years ago (that just makes good business sense)

now with all that said, the stupid Broncos FO came out yesterday before they even finalized the deal with Manning and stated we are signing Peyton and trading Tebow, so they already showed their cards, and may not get anything in return, and just have someone pick him up off waivers if they are willing to gamble that he will be there for them

I really don't think it will come to that, as Mort and others have already stated they way underestimated the value of T2 on the trading block and know for a fact that there are teams contacting the Broncos already about him

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Ware-Wolfe

He's shown he's a capable NFL starting QB. Why should he sit and waste his potential here behind Manning?
    In Elway We Trust

They showed their cards, but also know they have him for another year. They aren't forced to cut him and he is relatively cheap. They can force a team to make a move on him.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Because they don't believe he's a future starting quarterback. And he's probably not.

And to get rid of the damned circus.

Let me ask you this. What quarterback in the NFL would he start over?
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

14. The Following 3 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    They showed their cards, but also know they have him for another year. They aren't forced to cut him and he is relatively cheap. They can force a team to make a move on him.
    It doesn't matter one bit if they showed their cards about trading him if multiple teams are actually interested.

I wonder how many are interested in him coming in as a starter. I can't think of a single team where he is automatically a starter.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Because they don't believe he's a future starting quarterback. And he's probably not.

And to get rid of the damned circus.

Let me ask you this. What quarterback in the NFL would he start over?
    Kyle Orton???

17. The Following 8 Users High Fived SpringsBroncoFan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Karl Mecklenburg, Tom Jackson, and Rulon Jones

Orton ......
    I have been a fan since 1960....
    Democracy.. Is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.
    Liberty ... Is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. -- Benjamin Franklin
    bronconut/AGap "im just...being an ass rjent."

19. The Following User High Fived rjent For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by SpringsBroncoFan View Post
    Kyle Orton???
    Kyle Orton is no longer a starter. Maybe I need to rephrase that question. Which team could he automatically start for?

Adopted Bronco:
    Karl Mecklenburg, Tom Jackson, and Rulon Jones

Damn it Springs, you beat me to it .
    I have been a fan since 1960....
    Democracy.. Is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.
    Liberty ... Is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. -- Benjamin Franklin
    bronconut/AGap "im just...being an ass rjent."

22. The Following User High Fived rjent For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information