Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Why are we trading Tebow?

Quote Originally Posted by claymore View Post
    At what point game wise did they switch the offense? I thought they switched it right after the Detroit game?
    that was the game where he got sacked 6 times under 2.8 seconds right?

Facts are stubborn, but statistics are more pliable. -
    Mark Twain

I am a great believer in luck, I find the harder I work, the luckier I become-Thomas Jefferson

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Nothing is going to satisfy you on this, so, I'm going to bow out.

It;s likely Elway lied to you, the fan. we'll never know what Tebow was told.
    Right now, Elway just wanted Tebow gone and likely would have wanted him to fail is the theory frontrunner.

Everything else has massive holes/problems with it. Sorry, MO, but give me a theory that doesn't have contradictions and holes in it and I'll buy it.

This is all besides the point though. Why trade him now? Scratch that. Let's assume we can't get anything for him? Why just cut him?

3. The Following User High Fived wayninja For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mike Shanahan

I don't think EFX wants Tebow as their future once Peyton leaves. I honestly never bought into any of Elway's BS about how he supports Tebow.

Not to mention the distraction he would be. Though most Tebow fans respect Peyton Manning a lot more than they respect Orton, the minute Peyton throws an interception, half of mile high would start chanting "Tebow." Don't think the Broncos wanna deal with that circus again.

But I do wish Tebow was somehow able to stay. The Broncos don't pay him very much and he could be an asset in certain situations. Create a few "Tebow Packages" for goal line and 3rd & short situations.
    Born and raised in DC....living in Denver. I love the Redskins, and the Broncos!

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

This whole thing is pissing me off more and more the more I listen to sports talk radio. Tebow took a team that was 1-4 and took them to the playoffs and now he is being treated like he is a second class citizen.
    Manning had his fuse box worked on 4 times, and we had better hope he comes back. I hope Tebow goes to an AFCW team so we at least get to watch him twice a year.

6. The Following User High Fived Dzone For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

Quote Originally Posted by catfish View Post
    that was the game where he got sacked 6 times under 2.8 seconds right?
    No clue.
    Thanks MO for the wicked Sig.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Elway doesn't want him and never wanted him.

We can disagree with his assessment of Tim's potential, but if the boss doesn't want you around, you aren't going to be around.

It's not that hard to figure out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

9. The Following 6 Users High Fived slim For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

I think this has been answered several times. You just dont like or agree with the answer.

1. He isnt very good at QB
    2. His following makes it impossible to try and develop him slowly
    3. Why waste a roster spot on an QB that doesnt fit the offense you will run?

He had a hard time running our high completion easy make a qb look good offense. There is no way in hell he is going to be able to run Mannings no huddle, precision timing offense.

It serves zero purpose to have a backup QB that cant back up the starter.
    You are right, I don't agree with answers that don't make sense. You might as well say we are trading him because the CIA told Pat Bowlen to do so.

1. If he isn't a good QB, it made no sense to start him in the first place, and less sense to keep him in.
    2. This is the 'a wizard did it' answer. His following is irrelevant. Completely irrelevant. If it was relevant, they wouldn't be trading him now.
    3. Why waste it last year? Again, if this was true, why play him? Why not cut him at the beginning of 2010 or 2011? It's a waste now after a winning season, but not a waste then when he was a big ? mark with the same criticisms and terrible in practice?

Which backup will we get that will run Mannings offense seamlessly? And even if Tebow isn't the 2nd string, why not the 3rd or 4th?

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

The day we get rid of Tebow will be one of the saddest days in Bronco history.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Dzone View Post
    The day we get rid of Tebow will be one of the saddest days in Bronco history.
    Yeah, not really.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

13. The Following 3 Users High Fived slim For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

Quote Originally Posted by wayninja View Post
    You are right, I don't agree with answers that don't make sense. You might as well say we are trading him because the CIA told Pat Bowlen to do so.

1. If he isn't a good QB, it made no sense to start him in the first place, and less sense to keep him in.
    2. This is the 'a wizard did it' answer. His following is irrelevant. Completely irrelevant. If it was relevant, they wouldn't be trading him now.
    3. Why waste it last year? Again, if this was true, why play him? Why not cut him at the beginning of 2010 or 2011? It's a waste now after a winning season, but not a waste then when he was a big ? mark with the same criticisms and terrible in practice?

Which backup will we get that will run Mannings offense seamlessly? And even if Tebow isn't the 2nd string, why not the 3rd or 4th?
    Elway didnt think he was good, and didnt think his ceiling was high enough to spend the time, and roster spot. Someone else might. Thats it...

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Elway didnt think he was good, and didnt think his ceiling was high enough to spend the time, and roster spot. Someone else might. Thats it...
    Yeah, too bad. I though Elway would be a bit more forthcoming.

Sucks to give the kid a chance to prove himself but have your mind made up before/despite the results though.

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

Quote Originally Posted by wayninja View Post
    Yeah, too bad. I though Elway would be a bit more forthcoming.

Sucks to give the kid a chance to prove himself but have your mind made up before/despite the results though.
    At least he got a chance. Many dont get that. He is a millionaire. He will be ok.

Adopted Bronco:
    Derek Wolfe

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    Elway doesn't want him and never wanted him.

We can disagree with his assessment of Tim's potential, but if the boss doesn't want you around, you aren't going to be around.

It's not that hard to figure out.
    Yea, and if Tebow pans out and turns into a good QB, and we got nothing for him, then it's time to question Elway's abilities.

18. The Following User High Fived BigDaddyBronco For This Post:

How many teams keep the incumbent QB on the team when they bring someone in to replace them? Rarely....VERY rarely. Tim is being replaced...period. You don't keep the incumbent on the team for many reasons. It's pretty common.

Tebow isn't being treated poorly. He's not being treated any different than anybody would have been treated. The 49ers would have traded or released Alex Smith had they signed Manning, and he played better than Tebow did.

KC would have gotten rid of Cassel if they would have signed Manning. Its a pretty common occurence.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

20. The Following 2 Users High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyBronco View Post
    Yea, and if Tebow pans out and turns into a good QB, and we got nothing for him, then it's time to question Elway's abilities.
    Not really. Not many in the NFL thought Tebow would have been a good QB to begin with. Schlereth has stated on the radio many times, that after watching Tim at camps and practice last year, that Tebow would have been cut if his name wasn't Tebow. Elway has watched him practice everyday, knows what he does well and what he dosen't do well....and is making a decision based on how things look TODAY for this team. IF Tebow ever develops, he wouldn't be looked down upon. People didn't "look down" at those that traded away Favre, passed up on Warner, didn't draft Brady or Montana....... it happens. Tebow, as of right now, does NOT look like a good NFL QB prospect. If he turns into one eventually... ok. But thats going to be years down the road, and like Elway, I believe if it happens it won't happen on a consistant basis.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information