Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Why are we trading Tebow?

Could start over Gabbert.

So there is that.

2. The Following 4 Users High Fived Krugan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Because they don't believe he's a future starting quarterback. And he's probably not.
    Why did they play him this year? Were they ever going to think he was the starting QB even if we managed to beat NE? AFC Champs?

The arguments that support trading him, belie playing him and vice versa.

They want to trade him because he's not very good. They started him because they wanted to see if he was any good. He ended up winning more than losing. So they want to trade him.

Getting lost.

Adopted Bronco:

But even Orton got a very nice contract from a team...will Tebow?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by wayninja View Post
    Why did they play him this year? Were they ever going to think he was the starting QB even if we managed to beat NE? AFC Champs?

They want to trade him because he's not very good. They started him because they wanted to see if he was any good. He ended up winning more than losing. So they want to trade him.

Getting lost.
    You're never going to get the full answer to that question, way.

My guess, caving to the fans and wanting to see what he could do. Sounds like they came away unimpressed.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Kyle Orton is no longer a starter. Maybe I need to rephrase that question. Which team could he automatically start for?
    Too late!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    But even Orton got a very nice contract from a team...will Tebow?
    Of course he will coach...

As a TE or FB...

Getting lost.
    They were never going to sign up long term with Tebow, no matter what...

They threw him out there, traded away our best reciever, and expected him to lose so they could move on and tell the fans "See? We told you..."

The season was lost and they probably saw it as an opportunity to get a good draft position and possibly get Andrew Luck, while giving fans a taste of what they felt Tebow was so that it would be easy to move on from him.

Tebow didn't cooperate and ended up winning some games...This put EFX in a pickle, but it ended up working out in the end with Manning, who was the only QB possible that the vast majority of fans would accept over Tebow.

They were never sold on Tebow, but it all worked out in the end as they acquired one of the best to ever lace 'em up.

So I guess to answer the OP's question, we are trading Tebow because we don't want him...simple as that.

9. The Following 3 Users High Fived vandammage13 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

You're never going to get the full answer to that question, way.

My guess, caving to the fans and wanting to see what he could do. Sounds like they came away unimpressed.
    Is that why they said they want him around a long, long time and that he 'earned' the starting job going into camp? Not saying that's a commitment, by any stretch, but it's hardly trade-bait either.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Nothing is going to satisfy you on this, so, I'm going to bow out.

It;s likely Elway lied to you, the fan. we'll never know what Tebow was told.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Is that why they said they want him around a long, long time and that he 'earned' the starting job going into camp? Not saying that's a commitment, by any stretch, but it's hardly trade-bait either.
    I don't think Elway ever meant a word of that...He was fully aware of how the fanbase felt about TT, but he was never going to fully commited to him as a starter...Merely lip-service to temporarily appease the masses.

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

Sorry for making a new thread about this, but in every thread I've asked no one has even attempted an answer.

I don't see how it makes sense to trade tebow unless he is requesting it. I haven't seen any reports that this is the case.

It's been widely reported that the Broncos WILL Trade Tebow and I've seen it go so far as to say if no one takes him, he'll be cut.

Can someone who knows more about this business please explain how this makes any sense and why we would simply cut him and get nothing?
    I think this has been answered several times. You just dont like or agree with the answer.

1. He isnt very good at QB
    2. His following makes it impossible to try and develop him slowly
    3. Why waste a roster spot on an QB that doesnt fit the offense you will run?

He had a hard time running our high completion easy make a qb look good offense. There is no way in hell he is going to be able to run Mannings no huddle, precision timing offense.

It serves zero purpose to have a backup QB that cant back up the starter.
    Thanks MO for the wicked Sig.

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived claymore For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

Quote Originally Posted by vandammage13 View Post
    They were never going to sign up long term with Tebow, no matter what...

They threw him out there, traded away our best reciever, and expected him to lose so they could move on and tell the fans "See? We told you..."

The season was lost and they probably saw it as an opportunity to get a good draft position and possibly get Andrew Luck, while giving fans a taste of what they felt Tebow was so that it would be easy to move on from him.

Tebow didn't cooperate and ended up winning some games...This put EFX in a pickle, but it ended up working out in the end with Manning, who was the only QB possible that the vast majority of fans would accept over Tebow.

They were never sold on Tebow, but it all worked out in the end as they acquired one of the best to ever lace 'em up.

So I guess to answer the OP's question, we are trading Tebow because we don't want him...simple as that.
    In the end thats what it comes down to. Addition by subtraction.

16. The Following User High Fived claymore For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by claymore View Post
    I think this has been answered several times. You just dont like or agree with the answer.

1. He isnt very good at QB
    2. His following makes it impossible to try and develop him slowly
    3. Why waste a roster spot on an QB that doesnt fit the offense you will run?

He had a hard time running our high completion easy make a qb look good offense. There is no way in hell he is going to be able to run Mannings no huddle, precision timing offense.

It serves zero purpose to have a backup QB that cant back up the starter.

We do not run that kind of offense clay. Mcdaniels did. Mccoy called a hard to pass, run, run, run go route offense. Its all over fat man had a great article on it.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    We do not run that kind of offense clay. Mcdaniels did. Mccoy called a hard to pass, run, run, run go route offense. Its all over fat man had a great article on it.
    At what point game wise did they switch the offense? I thought they switched it right after the Detroit game?

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    Tebow had more pass attempts over 20 yards in the air than any other qb in the nfl(% wise) and not by a little bit, he had less passes (%wise)behind the line or witin 10 yards of the line than average...the offense was a lot of things, but high% it was not

Facts are stubborn, but statistics are more pliable. -
    Mark Twain

I am a great believer in luck, I find the harder I work, the luckier I become-Thomas Jefferson

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information