Thread: The Chronicles of Riddick- 360/PS3

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Default The Chronicles of Riddick- 360/PS3

Anyone pick this up yet or plan to?

The Chronicles of Riddick- Assault on Dark Athena (FPS/Action)

CoR- Escape from Butcher Bay (XBox game) is included in an enhanced, new and improved HD version. I never played it but it was considered one of the coolest games on XBox a few years ago. So, you get two games in one.

I liked the Riddick movies, Pitch Black was a cool B movie. I'm not a fan of Vin Diesel, but he's ok as Riddick.

I may grab this.
    Last edited by Shazam!; 04-08-2009 at 01:12 AM. Reason: Spelling

Adopted Bronco:
    Rick Upchurch

Escape from Butcher Bay was one of the best games on Xbox. I have never heard of the 360 iteration, though.
    How's your burger, bro? - Ancient proverb

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

It's like a mini-remake, it is the same game with enhanced graphics from what I understand and is included in one disc. I saw the differences from the 2004 screen to the new, enhanced BB game and you'd never know they were even the same game.

From the reviews I have read if you played BB and were expecting a lot more you'll be disappointed because Dark Athena doesn't seem to break a lot of new ground. I've never played BB (not backwards compatible on 360) so I am possibly checking this out. As a Riddick fan, and since everyone I've heard liked BB a lot it'll probably be worth it. Riddick is badass.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

I just picked this up and started with Burtcher Bay, which I never played before. You'd never know this was a remake. It's good looking, the 360 can certainly put out better visuals, but you wouldn't look at it and think it's an XBox original at first glance.

I like it. A 1st Person game with a stealth first approach, seems like Half Life 2, Condemned or Bioshock. It's edgy and Diesel translates perfectly to Riddick, one of the only roles he's really good in.

This is an excellent game with a seemingly large amount of content and any fan of Riddick should check this out.

Adopted Bronco:
    Doom!

I likely won't pick this up, as I beat the original, but it's good to hear that they did a good job.

Loved that game.
    To all the armed forces... present, past, and future.
    Thanks, Reid!

Click the sig to read JetRazor's and my story! PM me with any questions!
    I love my wife!

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

If you liked Butcher Bay, then wouldn't picking this up for Dark Athena be worth it?

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

I'm really enjoying Butcher Bay, what a friggin' game.

The 'slam' is so huge it makes so many other FP games look tiny.

The game is pretty difficult to navigate around, you don't really know where you have to go half the time. The few chapters towards the end when you can't use the DNA encoded guns this time were especially difficult. I'm almost done, eagerly awaiting DA.

Diesel also announced the new Riddick film is in production, and goes back to the roots of Pitch Black. I can't wait for it. A highly underrated scifi action series.

8. The Following User High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

I just finished this, both the 'new' Butcher Bay and Dark Athena (hence the thread asking about the next game I'm gonna play, Tomb Raider Anniversary.)

What a friggin' game! I cannot recommend this enough to people who enjoy games like Half Life and Bioshock. It thrusts many different scenarios at you, straight up shooting, stealth, light puzzles and piloting of mechs and drones enroute to massacres. Even the shooting sections aren't plodding and marching your way through the enemy, so if you're expecting a Halo or CoD firefight, this may not be your thing. It's up my alley though.

As Riddick you really feel like the baddest mofo in the galaxy.

This game exceeded all my expectations and then some, and if you complete all the side quests and extras, you're looking at about 25 hours. There's a helluva lot of content in here, and BB features new extra levels.

9/10

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information