Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Broncos Players Respond To The News Manning Is Coming To Denver!

Default Broncos Players Respond To The News Manning Is Coming To Denver!

The response from Denver's players has been about like you'd expect:

Ryan Clady ‏ @RyanClady

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Clady wasn't done there, though. He also said what we're all thinking when asked by Josina Anderson of ESPN about Tebow versus Manning.

"At the end of the day, Peyton Manning is just better than Tim Tebow," Clady said.

Von Miller echoed a similar statement as well.

"I love Tim Tebow on and off the field — he is a great teammate," Miller told Anderson, via MDS at PFT. “But we can learn a lot more from Peyton Manning because he's been to Super Bowls, he's a four-time MVP."

"Music to my ears," Willis McGahee said when asked about news while on a Sirius XM radio spot.

The fact that Tebowmania and Manning's search for a new home is, quite frankly, impossible to fathom.

In 2012, Denver plays their home-and-home AFC West schedule. They also play the Steelers, Browns, Buccaneers, Saints and Texans at home. On the road, Denver will travel to the Ravens, Bengals, Falcons, Panthers, Patriots.

Speaking of 2012, the Super Bowl is in New Orleans, where the Manning family is from.

Feel free to post some more player reactions to the news as you find them!

2. The Following 3 Users High Fived Cugel For This Post:

mcgahee had a good one..

Something like all you free agents, you know where its at. Its going down...something to that effect.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Im glad they are happy, lets just hope they dont stand around and oogle at Manning and play hard for him.

Adopted Bronco:
    VON

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Im glad they are happy, lets just hope they dont stand around and oogle at Manning and play hard for him.
    if they tired he would smack them stupid

Thanks MasterShake!!!

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived MileHighCrew For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MileHighCrew View Post
    That's one thing about Manning. He's definitely NOT an easy teammate to have --- if you are an underachiever who's not handling his assignment. He will let you know in no uncertain terms that what he demands of himself he demands of his teammates.

And it's going to be Manning's team. No doubt about who the leader is on this team now. That's a big part of how he achieves what he achieved (averaging 12 wins a season) with a team that without him won 2 games.

Sort of like how the Broncos lost Elway and T.D. and fell to 6-10 from 13-3 and SB champions in 1999.

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived Cugel For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    mcgahee had a good one..

Something like all you free agents, you know where its at. Its going down...something to that effect.
    I think McGahee is going to fade into obscurity without the read-option...Much easier to run when your QB is eliminating one of the defenders and they don't even know how to defend the offense...

McGahee in a traditional offense = McGahee of 2010.

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived vandammage13 For This Post:

Here's Doom's response:

2h Elvis Dumervil Elvis Dumervil ‏ @EKD92

SMH...What a power move! @MillerLite40 let the hunting begin.
    1h Elvis Dumervil Elvis Dumervil ‏ @EKD92

We have a ton of work to do but boy we going to have some fun grinding! Gotta put the time in ....Lets welcome Manning Bronco Nation
    I think we can get behind that sentiment!

12. The Following 3 Users High Fived Cugel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rapey Lonnie

Quote Originally Posted by vandammage13 View Post
    I think McGahee is going to fade into obscurity without the read-option...Much easier to run when your QB is eliminating one of the defenders and they don't even know how to defend the offense...

Yea, manning won't open up the run game with a legitimate passing threat. McGahee and Moreno will look great this year.

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived Foochacho For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Foochacho View Post
    Yea, manning won't open up the run game with a legitimate passing threat. McGahee and Moreno will look great this year.
    I might buy the McGahee argument, but even Manning can't make Moreno look good.

16. The Following 8 Users High Fived vandammage13 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Actually, McGahee's numbers in Bmore were more to being the secondary back to Rice not because of the offense they ran.

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MileHighCrew View Post
    Something tells me DT and Decker had better come into camp with their heads screwed on right and with soft hands to catch the football consistently! And we haven't talked about if the WR's don't run the correct routs!!!!

There's a new Sheriff in town at QB and he ain't taking no excuses!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

I might buy the McGahee argument, but even Manning can't make Moreno look good.
    One point they made on ESPN earlier that it instantly makes our backs better. They are always going to get the good looks. If manning see's the 8 man fronts or run blitzes etc he will check out of them.

Its funny you say Moreno doesnt look good, or wont, but he is leaps and bounds better at his position than Tebow is/was.
    Thanks MO for the wicked Sig.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by claymore View Post
    One point they made on ESPN earlier that it instantly makes our backs better. They are always going to get the good looks. If manning see's the 8 man fronts or run blitzes etc he will check out of them.

Its funny you say Moreno doesnt look good, or wont, but he is leaps and bounds better at his position than Tebow is/was.
    Moreno still isnt all that too me, definitely not a first rounder. But, out of the backfield he is very dangerous.

22. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Netane Muti

i think mcgahee is going to fade into obscurity without the read-option...much easier to run when your qb is eliminating one of the defenders and they don't even know how to defend the offense...

Mcgahee in a traditional offense = mcgahee of 2010.
    roflmao!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Tebow has called Elway, Manning and Bowlen to give them congrats on the successful move.

25. The Following User High Fived Nomad For This Post:

xzn

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information