Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast

Thread: Manning to Broncos

Adopted Bronco:
    Alijah Holder

Thought we might need to remember this.

A lot has changed, but look where we've been.

I just wanted to remind us all of that day, where we've been, and where we are.

All I know is five and O.

The only damn thing bumping this thread did is make me miss Claymore!

3. The Following 5 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Pure gold.

I love this season.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Bump

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Bump
    Much happier times!

8. The Following 3 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

Peyton Manning for GM to fix this shitshow.
    Go Broncos!

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton Bronco Fan View Post
    No. Former star players overwhelming make bad coaches/GMs.

11. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    No. Former star players overwhelming make bad coaches/GMs.
    Now letting Manning eat Drew Lock to absorb his youth and suit up again? That is an overreaction I can get behind!

Seriously though, could you imagine what Manning could do with these receivers? Good lord.

13. The Following 4 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton Bronco Fan View Post
    No. Elway is great at a GM.

Manning for OC- That is the move we need to get behind!
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

15. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    No. Elway is great at a GM.

Manning for OC- That is the move we need to get behind!
    No. No. No. Manning ran like five plays. And I’m only being slightly hyperbolic. He just was so good at them it didn’t matter.

Very few people can do that. He’s the savant not the coach.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

17. The Following 3 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    No. No. No. Manning ran like five plays. And I’m only being slightly hyperbolic. He just was so good at them it didn’t matter.

Very few people can do that. He’s the savant not the coach.
    I do not agree with this.
    We ran his offense in 2013, with Mike the all time fail Mccoy calling the plays. Now I agree Mike Mccoy had like 5 plays. Run on first down. Anytime it was 3rd and 6 or more he called the bubble screen. There were a lot more plays than 5 or 15. Mccoy just really sucked at OC.

Manning is GoatAF no doubt! How many times did he call plays at the LOS, how many times did he change plays, check to other plays. I remember one game as a colt he was at the LOS calling out a play. He then called something and stokley came off the bench and lined up (while the team was already at the LOS). The defense did not sub, peyton snapped the ball, and threw it to stoke who got the first down. One of the most amazing things I have ever seen.

That is pure bologna that he would not be a good OC. Peyton knows more about OC then shurmer does I bet. Besides, the greatest asset that peyton could be as an OC is NOT calling plays. It is he in the film room with the QB telling the QB how to read the defense. Peyton knows all the signs, all the tip offs, where the ball should go before the ball is snapped. He can teach the QB this.

The more I think about it, the more this should happen and the more that your stance on this one is so terribly incorrect.
    Imagine a physically talented QB like Lock with Peytons mind.
    It will never happen. But if it could, that is bar none the move to make.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.

To add to that, that is why I liked Romo so much as an announcer. He could tell by how the defense was lined up what the play should be and or would be. Now for many that spoiled or ruined the play. I thought it was fantastic. Having a guy like that working everyday to show the QB what play and why- match made in heaven baby.
    The Plan at the moment:

Players I want:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I doubt Manning ran only 5 plays, he is virtually the epitome of the student of the game type QB.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    I doubt Manning ran only 5 plays, he is virtually the epitome of the student of the game type QB.
    He actually did run a really simple offense. He just executed it perfectly. Mike Leach is the same. He's known as this offensive genius and has had record setting offenses in college, and his play sheet is literally the size of a notecard. You don't have to have a lot of plays to have a great offense.

22. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    I do not agree with this.
    We ran his offense in 2013, with Mike the all time fail Mccoy calling the plays. Now I agree Mike Mccoy had like 5 plays. Run on first down. Anytime it was 3rd and 6 or more he called the bubble screen. There were a lot more plays than 5 or 15. Mccoy just really sucked at OC.

Manning is GoatAF no doubt! How many times did he call plays at the LOS, how many times did he change plays, check to other plays. I remember one game as a colt he was at the LOS calling out a play. He then called something and stokley came off the bench and lined up (while the team was already at the LOS). The defense did not sub, peyton snapped the ball, and threw it to stoke who got the first down. One of the most amazing things I have ever seen.

That is pure bologna that he would not be a good OC. Peyton knows more about OC then shurmer does I bet. Besides, the greatest asset that peyton could be as an OC is NOT calling plays. It is he in the film room with the QB telling the QB how to read the defense. Peyton knows all the signs, all the tip offs, where the ball should go before the ball is snapped. He can teach the QB this.

The more I think about it, the more this should happen and the more that your stance on this one is so terribly incorrect.
    Imagine a physically talented QB like Lock with Peytons mind.
    It will never happen. But if it could, that is bar none the move to make.
    Dude. I’m telling you. We didn’t run any system devised by McCoy. We ran the the Indianapolis offense. The Tom Moore offense.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

24. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information