Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Remember when Pat Bowlen wasn't David Sterling?

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Jsteve01 View Post
    you're right since we can't go after McClain/Lofton/Tulloch Joe Mays should do nicely. Hell at this rate the only DT on our roster will be Warren and Unrein. There is a balance to free agency. Don't overspend early but don't hold your cash too long or you end up overspending for 2nd and 3rd tier guys late.
    Again, chemistry. The biggest need for Denver is DT and we lost out to other bidders in that regard. It happens.

Quote Originally Posted by claymore View Post
    I think Bowlen and Elway deserve our patience. Constantly calling them out for not picking guys up that A. dont want to be here, or B. We dont want them here... is ridiculous.

We are in the hunt for the most expensive dude ever. So, money probably isnt an issue.
    I think Elway deserves our patience. But if Bowlen is unwilling to fork up the cash that's on him. He's the one that kept Shanny as the GM after all those failed FA pick up's. And then turns the franchise over to McDouche (I liked the pick up AT THE TIME) and let's him run the franchise to his liking with no oversight much like SHANNY. His decisions made HIM PAY. But that's just how I look at it.

It seems you feel like it's justified just going after Manning will be the end all be all. Clay, we might not get him and then what? Like I said in a previous post the 49ers franchised Goldson. Signed Moss/Manningham and are in the Manning sweepstakes plus I read a report that they might go after M.Wallace!!!! These guys came prepared for FA not to just pick up one guy and dick around.

We also need a CB. Carr was out there for a time and Porter is still available. Porter is visiting with OAK!!! And who are we looking at? rookie CB? It looks like we hit it BIG with Chris Harris but WE need to see more. So what's the plan?
    Back 2 Back Patches on my jacket/ Orange Zippers
    Super Bowl 50 witness

2019 Broncos Pick’em Champion
    2021 Broncos Pick’em Champion

3. The Following 2 Users High Fived BORDERLINE For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Do i trust the FO? Absolutely. I havent felt this confident in the FO in a very long time. And you cant overspend on guys just for the sake of doing it. We have to learn our lesson from the latter part of the Shanny era. IHOP anyone? And while McClain would of filled a need he also came from a 3-4 defense, one that Denver has started to stray away from. Mays is more familiar with the team right now and team chemistry is important.
    As is not missing tackles. Mays missed more tackles than any other 4-3 Mike in the league last year.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by BORDERLINE View Post
    I think Elway deserves our patience. But if Bowlen is unwilling to fork up the cash that's on him. He's the one that kept Shanny as the GM after all those failed FA pick up's. And then turns the franchise over to McDouche (I liked the pick up AT THE TIME) and let's him run the franchise to his liking with no oversight much like SHANNY. His decisions made HIM PAY. But that's just how I look at it.

It seems you feel like it's justified just going after Manning will be the end all be all. Clay, we might not get him and then what? Like I said in a previous post the 49ers franchised Goldson. Signed Moss/Manningham and are in the Manning sweepstakes plus I read a report that they might go after M.Wallace!!!! These guys came prepared for FA not to just pick up one guy and dick around.

We also need a CB. Carr was out there for a time and Porter is still available. Porter is visiting with OAK!!! And who are we looking at? rookie CB? It looks like we hit it BIG with Chris Harris but WE need to see more. So what's the plan?

Patience? Whats that? Oh, thats only something that Tebow deserves......

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

Do i trust the FO? Absolutely. I havent felt this confident in the FO in a very long time. And you cant overspend on guys just for the sake of doing it. We have to learn our lesson from the latter part of the Shanny era. IHOP anyone? And while McClain would of filled a need he also came from a 3-4 defense, one that Denver has started to stray away from. Mays is more familiar with the team right now and team chemistry is important.
    Yeah, Im in love with this FO. They inherited a turd sandwhich and have been taking a ton of shit over Tebow. I cant believe how well they have handled things.

We wont attract the FA's we want until we get some things Ironed out. We still have a HUGE head scratcher as our starting QB. Nobody wants a part of that.
    Thanks MO for the wicked Sig.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Jsteve01 View Post
    As is not missing tackles. Mays missed more tackles than any other 4-3 Mike in the league last year.

Oi vey. You guys give me a headache.

8. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Yeah, Im in love with this FO. They inherited a turd sandwhich and have been taking a ton of shit over Tebow. I cant believe how well they have handled things.

We wont attract the FA's we want until we get some things Ironed out. We still have a HUGE head scratcher as our starting QB. Nobody wants a part of that.

Indeed. But what do they know? All the armchair GM's here have all the answers. lmao

10. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

Quote Originally Posted by BORDERLINE View Post

The plan B if we dont get Manning is to get Barkley. Manning is the only player that can take us to the next level. No other combination of FA's out there will take us to the next level.

We will suck if we cant get Manning. No sense in making promises to a bunch of FA's here when we will be slopping thru shit next year with Tebow. THen we will have a locker room full of non bronco whiners... No thanks...

This FA period obviously isnt about money, they are willing throw millions ata single player.

Im not sure why there isnt more unease with the FO, there are missing parts all over, and we havent made a step to keep one of our own in one of the weakest spots.

Every year this place screams abotu DTs, and we had one who actually was producing here, and let him go. Why not the screaming about that move?

Its been reported that FA are "on hold" until this manning deal shakes out, that right there is poor management. You never puts all your eggs in one basket, with anything.

13. The Following User High Fived Krugan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Exactly, if we can't get manning, we should just forfeit the season. There's no sense in trying, sorta like last season.

15. The Following User High Fived wayninja For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Stokley, Miller, Wolfe

Quote Originally Posted by Chef Zambini View Post
    had to re-sign mays, hes the only LB on the roster who isnt under suspension!
    bunk aint gone yet, stop packing his bags.
    and yet so true.......
    Mays was never brought in here to be a full time LB. He was brought in to be strong on ST and help out at LB.

Clay is right and a bunch today. What we need we have needed for over 10 years. Plus do you really want to pay out over 20% of your cap space to misses. Plus I just posted in another thread that Bowlen had to pay Shanny's asst coaches the full years salary the year he was fire and Shanny spent a lot of money on support cost before he left.

I look at this way. I could buy Starbucks every day if I wanted to because I have the money, but I don't. I save it and when I want to buy a car for cash I can.

Plus I agree with Clay.....man that sounds weird....sorry sweetie. I don't think a lot of the FA's are interested in coming here right at this moment. Look Royal was not interested in staying here with the QB situation as it stands. WR are what they are they want to catch passes, see themselves in highlights to get better contracts. That's just who they are. Royal was just more PC than Lloyd, but they felt the same way.
    Getting Stoked

17. The Following 3 Users High Fived pnbronco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

Quote Originally Posted by pnbronco View Post
    and yet so true.......
    Mays was never brought in here to be a full time LB. He was brought in to be strong on ST and help out at LB.

Clay is right and a bunch today. What we need we have needed for over 10 years. Plus do you really want to pay out over 20% of your cap space to misses. Plus I just posted in another thread that Bowlen had to pay Shanny's asst coaches the full years salary the year he was fire and Shanny spent a lot of money on support cost before he left.

I look at this way. I could buy Starbucks every day if I wanted to because I have the money, but I don't. I save it and when I want to buy a car for cash I can.

Plus I agree with Clay.....man that sounds weird....sorry sweetie. I don't think a lot of the FA's are interested in coming here right at this moment. Look Royal was not interested in staying here with the QB situation as it stands. WR are what they are they want to catch passes, see themselves in highlights to get better contracts. That's just who they are. Royal was just more PC than Lloyd, but they felt the same way.
    Not alot of people want to admit it, but Tebow does not attract FA's.

19. The Following 2 Users High Fived claymore For This Post:

Not alot of people want to admit it, but Tebow does not attract FA's.
    Pretty broad keyboard strokes there, to stick it down to one player causing lack of desire to be here.

Any one of these guys would have come here and listened to offers had the team invited them. We had 3 players here, and the brain trust hopped a plane to NC.

Wouldnt inspire me to want to be there, if I was 2nd fiddle in a 1 piece band.

Adopted Bronco:
    george floyd little

Quote Originally Posted by wayninja View Post
    Exactly, if we can't get manning, we should just forfeit the season. There's no sense in trying, sorta like last season.
    your sarcasm is delightful.
    CAN WE PLEASE JUST SKIP ALL THE NONESENSE AND JUST TALK FOOTBALL?

Adopted Bronco:
    Stokley, Miller, Wolfe

Bingo. Its hilarious that Clay is now the voice of reason.
    I know....and you and I are on the same side....

Spending money because you can doesn't make you a better business man. If the FO decides that they will try to get the best FA out there and spend the money on him then great, because it will change our team right away. However if there long term plan is to fix what's broken with the draft then better yet for our team.
    Last edited by pnbronco; 03-19-2012 at 10:14 AM.
    Getting Stoked

23. The Following User High Fived pnbronco For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information