Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What does Cutler walk into?

Adopted Bronco:
    Derek Wolfe

Default What does Cutler walk into?

I was wondering what types of players Cutler will play with (obviously before the draft) on the Bears.

OLine - Orlando Pace, Josh Beekman, Olin Kreutz, Roberto Garza, and Chris Williams. Same group (with a differnt set of tackles john St. Clair and John Tait) gave up 28 sacks last year. Chris Williams was a 1st round pick, but was hurt last year. Pace isn't the same player as he once was. My guess is that they will be similar to what they were last year.

WR's - Devin Hester, Rasdhied Davis, and Earl Bennett. Hester and Davis combined for 86 catches, 1110 yards, and 5 TD's. Bennett was Cutler's favorite target at Vandy.

TE's - Greg Olsen and Desmond Clark. They combined for 95 catches, 941 yards, and 6 TD's.

RB's - Matt Forte and Adrian Petersen. The Bears had 1673 yards rushing (3.9 avg. per attempt) and 15 TD's. Almost all of this came from Forte who also added 477 yards recieving and 4 TD's as well. Forte was a worthy ROY candidate in 2008.

Comparing to what he had with the Broncos, I would say the Oline for the Bears is not as good, the receivers aren't as good, the TE's are better and the RB's are a push (better numbers for Denver as a whole, but Forte is better than any of the Broncos RB's).

My guess is that Cutler will have a hard time replicating what he did last year in Denver mainly due to the OLine and crappy receivers, unless the Bears draft or get a FA that can help.

What do you think?

2. The Following 5 Users High Fived BigDaddyBronco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyBronco View Post
    I was wondering what types of players Cutler will play with (obviously before the draft) on the Bears.

OLine - Orlando Pace, Josh Beekman, Olin Kreutz, Roberto Garza, and Chris Williams. Same group (with a differnt set of tackles john St. Clair and John Tait) gave up 28 sacks last year. Chris Williams was a 1st round pick, but was hurt last year. Pace isn't the same player as he once was. My guess is that they will be similar to what they were last year.

WR's - Devin Hester, Rasdhied Davis, and Earl Bennett. Hester and Davis combined for 86 catches, 1110 yards, and 5 TD's. Bennett was Cutler's favorite target at Vandy.

TE's - Greg Olsen and Desmond Clark. They combined for 95 catches, 941 yards, and 6 TD's.

RB's - Matt Forte and Adrian Petersen. The Bears had 1673 yards rushing (3.9 avg. per attempt) and 15 TD's. Almost all of this came from Forte who also added 477 yards recieving and 4 TD's as well. Forte was a worthy ROY candidate in 2008.

Comparing to what he had with the Broncos, I would say the Oline for the Bears is not as good, the receivers aren't as good, the TE's are better and the RB's are a push (better numbers for Denver as a whole, but Forte is better than any of the Broncos RB's).

My guess is that Cutler will have a hard time replicating what he did last year in Denver mainly due to the OLine and crappy receivers, unless the Bears draft or get a FA that can help.

What do you think?
    stats wise he wont replicate it, because chicago is a run first team, however now teams will have to gameplan for cutler as well as forte, thats a beastly problem and something shanny and his RBBC never understood.

cutler doesnt need to throw 4000 yds, he has redzone weapons, and a playcaller that wont throw bubble screens on 3rd down and 2. and will actually try and run in teh redzone instead of calling 3 straight pass plays...

cutler is walking into a better situation than people realize. chicago was doing quite well before orton went down with a ankle injury, he wasnt the same when he came back and the offense suffered.

but cutler will do just fine in chicago.....
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

4. The Following 4 Users High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Andrew Luck

I would say thats about right...but now he has a defense that can help make up for his mistakes.

Also remember now he gets to play Detroit twice.

6. The Following User High Fived LRtagger For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Derek Wolfe

Quote Originally Posted by LRtagger View Post
    I would say thats about right...but now he has a defense that can help make up for his mistakes.

Also remember now he gets to play Detroit twice.
    True, but he has to play the Vikings defense twice. I wonder how Pace will do against Jarad Allen?

8. The Following User High Fived BigDaddyBronco For This Post:

He B screwed!!!

He had mikey holding his hand in a custom designed O, in CHI his OC was the guy that would not give him schoralship at IL.

10. The Following 4 Users High Fived Lonestar For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

True, but he has to play the Vikings defense twice. I wonder how Pace will do against Jarad Allen?
    um the vikes still might be without there 2 best DT's not to mention there secondary isnt as great as people think now.....and on offense they still dont have enough to overcome the bears defense.....

chicago went 9-7 last year without cutler, they will go 11-5 with him and win a playoff game.
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

12. The Following User High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

What do you think?
    Nice thread!

The Bears' were 13th in the league in sacks allowed, so their OL wasn't too bad, and their rush first philosophy was a big factor. Situation wise, Pace might be their Wiegmann, and Williams might be their Harris. They'll probably have 2 young guys in their OL, while we had 3 young guys in our OL. Through Pace, and moving Williams to RT, this line might have gotten an upgrade. Probably won't be anywhere as good as the Broncos, though, but the threat of strong rushing from Forte will help.

I agree with your view of the WRs, Denver's miles ahead. I don't consider anyone the Bears have as a #1; if they're lucky, Bennett will emerge into a Royal type receiver with Cutler throwing to him. Davis is a capable possession receiver and route runner, but nothing great. Hester is not a WR. Definite weaknesses here.

TEs, the Bears are pretty solid, but I still think Denver's are better. This is not a weakness though.

RBs, the Bears have a dependable, every down grinder in Forte, while the Broncos rotated, what was that, 4 or 5 starters during the season? I think Forte is better than anyone the Broncos had, for a workhorse back. He can even catch, but he's no where as versatile as Hillis. Still, this is a strength of the team. They saw a bunch of 8 man fronts. RB situation advantage Bears.

Cutler will definitely not have the same numbers, because the Bears are a run-first team, they don't have a clear #1 WR, their OC is supposed to be terrible, and Cutler hasn't worked with any of them before. Though their defense is currently ranked 21, it's still a huge upgrade from the Broncos last season. Cutler, most likely, won't put up the same numbers, but with the better overall balance in the team, he probably won't need to.

They have one more 3rd to work with, so they could try to draft a WR. They could also try to go after Torry Holt, who's only 1 season removed from his normal 1T yard seasons, and the Rams were terrible last season. His yards per catch was practically the same last season as it has been the past 3 seasons. Also, he didn't miss a game last season. He might be serviceable for a few more years.

What do you think?

I think you are a complete moron. Please walk into traffic

Adopted Bronco:
    Eddie Royal

sorry but Cutler won't be successful in Chicago.

he has no legitimate receivers, with the exception of Devin Hester who only plays WR randomly.

he has no Brandon Marshall, no Eddie Royal, no Tony Scheffler, no Jason Stokely.

he's got Brandon Lloyd (who i ironically went to high school with) who ducks when he gets the ball thrown to him.

16. The Following 5 Users High Fived Overtime For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    stats wise he wont replicate it, because chicago is a run first team, however now teams will have to gameplan for cutler as well as forte, thats a beastly problem and something shanny and his RBBC never understood.

cutler doesnt need to throw 4000 yds, he has redzone weapons, and a playcaller that wont throw bubble screens on 3rd down and 2. and will actually try and run in teh redzone instead of calling 3 straight pass plays...

cutler is walking into a better situation than people realize. chicago was doing quite well before orton went down with a ankle injury, he wasnt the same when he came back and the offense suffered.

but cutler will do just fine in chicago.....

Maybe. Depends on how well his line protects him and how much Jay zones in on one receiver. He still hasnt totally progressed as a QB at going through his progressions. If he continues to zone in on only 1 receiver he could struggle out there.

Adopted Bronco:
    John Lynch (I dont care that he's not a Bronco anymore)

Quote Originally Posted by Overtime View Post

he has no legitimate receivers, with the exception of Devin Hester who only plays WR randomly.

he has no Brandon Marshall, no Eddie Royal, no Tony Scheffler, no Jason Stokely.

he's got Brandon Lloyd (who i ironically went to high school with) who ducks when he gets the ball thrown to him.

Jason Stokely? Fail

He's got Greg Olsen, Rashied Davis, Desmond Clark, a legitimate runningback in Matt Forte, Earl Bennett (Cutler has a great relationship with Bennett). He's going to do great in Chicago.

- Thanks to Roddoliver for the sig!!

Not A Born Leader, I'm A Tough Act To Follow

19. The Following 2 Users High Fived getlynched47 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by getlynched47 View Post
    Jason Stokely? Fail

He's got Greg Olsen, Rashied Davis, Desmond Clark, a legitimate runningback in Matt Forte, Earl Bennett (Cutler has a great relationship with Bennett). He's going to do great in Chicago.
    We'll see about that, won't we...

21. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    John Lynch (I dont care that he's not a Bronco anymore)

Quote Originally Posted by MissouriBronc View Post
    We'll see about that, won't we...
    We sure will MB

- Thanks to Roddoliver for the sig!!

Not A Born Leader, I'm A Tough Act To Follow

Quote Originally Posted by Overtime View Post

Well, the Broncos don't have Jason Stokely either.

24. The Following 3 Users High Fived omac For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Eddie Royal

dammit, i dont know why I wanted to call him Jason...i meant Brandon Stokely.

we have too many brandon's on this team.

26. The Following User High Fived Overtime For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information