Poll: Who got the better deal?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Who got the better deal? Broncos or Bears.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

what i'm the only one who's still scared?

“When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post

No one is saying everything is great...but the chances are much better now.

I voted push. However, there are two factors that will go a long way in determining how the Broncos come out in this trade.

1. Can Orton or Simms run McD's offense in a competant manner.

2. Do McDaniels and Xanders have the skills/experience to get impact players with the 4 first rounders over the next two years, not to mention the other picks.

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

I've kind of fallen into a "we're in shambles like following Elway's retirement" mindset, but will now move to a positive, looking forward mode, hoping McDaniels is the boy genius that Bowlen thinks he is -- the next Mastermind.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    I think it will come down to how our draft pans out. If we have a lot of reaches and our team doesnt improve over last year it could be a failure for Denver. However, if the draft is strong and we improve than i think it will be a success.

As for Cutler, will be interesting to see how he deals with a line that isnt that great at protecting their Qb. However, he will have a legit running threat to help him out. No real WR core but a familiar face in Bennett should keep his eyes locked like he did with Marshall. Whether or not Bennett has Marshall's ability we will have to wait and see.
    In the long run I agree with you that it will come down to who well McDaniels drafts. I think at present time Chicago is ahead they now have a very good starting quarterback.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    In the long run I agree with you that it will come down to who well McDaniels drafts. I think at present time Chicago is ahead they now have a very good starting quarterback.
    ...and nothing to do with him. You could put any HOF QB in Chicago right now and put their current talent around them and they'd likely put up Kyle Orton numbers.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

In the thread about Jay getting traded you made a terrific point about how with all those picks Denver could actually be better off in the long run but it's far from an absolute certainty.

I'm not going to root for McDaniels to fail, but I think his margin for error has just shrunk considerably.

9. The Following User High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information