Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Jason Kidd: Mavs not viewed as champs

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Jason Kidd: Mavs not viewed as champs

OKLAHOMA CITY -- Following Monday's loss to the Oklahoma City Thunder, Dallas Mavericks point guard Jason Kidd said the defending champions haven't received the benefit of the doubt from the officiating all season because they are not looked upon as champions.

Case in point: Mavs coach Rick Carlisle couldn't believe the foul called on center Ian Mahinmi as he attempted to block Thunder forward Serge Ibaka's shot with 46.2 seconds to go, providing the winning free throws in the high-intensity matchup.

Also, Dallas led 91-87 with 2:24 left, but lost 95-91 while shooting 23 fewer free throws than the Thunder. Five of Oklahoma City's final eight points came at the free-throw line and it outscored Dallas 14-2 from the line in the fourth quarter.
    rest - http://espn.go.com/dallas/nba/story/...oubt-officials

I am so glad that Kidd has cleared up my confusion in regards to how a game should be officiated. All of this time, I thought that fouls should be called, based on what the NBA considers a foul. But NOW, it appears that that is not true, and fouls should be called, or should not be called, based solely on if the refs have RESPECT for certain teams, and no RESPECT for other teams.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain II

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    rest - http://espn.go.com/dallas/nba/story/...oubt-officials

I am so glad that Kidd has cleared up my confusion in regards to how a game should be officiated. All of this time, I thought that fouls should be called, based on what the NBA considers a foul. But NOW, it appears that that is not true, and fouls should be called, or should not be called, based solely on if the refs have RESPECT for certain teams, and no RESPECT for other teams.
    Waaaa!
    2009 & 2020 Broncos Forums Pick'em King
    2011 & 2019 Broncos Forums Survival Football Champion

3. The Following User High Fived Canmore For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

It's actually a legit complaint...just not worded properly. I typically dont complain about officiating too much, but I could lay out several examples. Watch the 2006 finals with Dallas up 2 games to 0 and working on closing out game 3. Wade ended up setting a record for free throw attempts in that series. Watch the film and tell me how many were fouls.

Some group that watches professional officiating did it and found that 38% of the fouls called were legit fouls. I understand refs are human and get it wrong...but 62% of the time.

The OKC game was a bad one as well. He does have a legit complaint about last nights game. it was pretty sad to watch. If you breathed on Durant or anyone for that matter...a whistle blew.

Maybe Cuban's complaining has something to do with a bias. Who knows. But what will happen is Kidd will get fined and the rest will be swept under the rug and a league that is already tough to watch will continue to operate poorly.

5. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    It's actually a legit complaint...just not worded properly. I typically dont complain about officiating too much, but I could lay out several examples. Watch the 2006 finals with Dallas up 2 games to 0 and working on closing out game 3. Wade ended up setting a record for free throw attempts in that series. Watch the film and tell me how many were fouls.

Some group that watches professional officiating did it and found that 38% of the fouls called were legit fouls. I understand refs are human and get it wrong...but 62% of the time.

The OKC game was a bad one as well. He does have a legit complaint about last nights game. it was pretty sad to watch. If you breathed on Durant or anyone for that matter...a whistle blew.

Maybe Cuban's complaining has something to do with a bias. Who knows. But what will happen is Kidd will get fined and the rest will be swept under the rug and a league that is already tough to watch will continue to operate poorly.
    You want examples of bad officiating - watch any of the Nuggets' games, past and present - last night's game being a perfect example.

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    You want examples of bad officiating - watch any of the Nuggets' games, past and present - last night's game being a perfect example.
    It happens to most teams...I agree. All I can speak for on a regular basis is Dallas. But it's at a point where we as fans expect it. I guess the players are finally getting sick of it. Especially when it's as blatant as last night.

I'm not going to say OKC is the up and coming young team and the NBA wants them to succeed...but it gets harder to look away from ideas like that as situations like this become more and more prevalent

8. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

It happens to most teams...I agree. All I can speak for on a regular basis is Dallas. But it's at a point where we as fans expect it. I guess the players are finally getting sick of it. Especially when it's as blatant as last night.

I'm not going to say OKC is the up and coming young team and the NBA wants them to succeed...but it gets harder to look away from ideas like that as situations like this become more and more prevalent
    I totally agree with this. Bad calls - non calls, should be based solely on "bad officiating" - NOT based on whether a team is respected or not. Many teams could be considered up and coming, if the officiating was fair for all teams. How many times have games been taken away from a team because they were on the "not respected" side of the court?

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

The Mavericks are the biggest crybabies in the NBA. Its easy to hate those dolts.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    The Mavericks are the biggest crybabies in the NBA. Its easy to hate those dolts.
    Correction...Cuban can be a cry baby. If he hadnt set the precedent, would people really scoff the complaints of a future Hall of Fame point guard?

What if it was Ray Allen making these complaints?

I guess you've never watched the Spurs play.
    If you ain't Dutch, you ain't much.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Correction...Cuban can be a cry baby. If he hadnt set the precedent, would people really scoff the complaints of a future Hall of Fame point guard?

What if it was Ray Allen making these complaints?
    Your correct. It is more Cuban that Kidd. However, i kind of attribute it too when a player arrives in Oakland to play for the faid. They can be a cool guy only too turn into utter shit because of the enviroment they play in. In this case, if Allen played for the Mavs i would still be saying the same thing. It starts from their owner (much like Davis) and just trickles down to the players.

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain II

Quote Originally Posted by DallasChief View Post
    Ginobili!!!
    2009 & 2020 Broncos Forums Pick'em King
    2011 & 2019 Broncos Forums Survival Football Champion

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived Canmore For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by DallasChief View Post
    Oh, i have. But they aint nothing like the Mavs. Those guys need some diapers.

Adopted Bronco:

Your correct. It is more Cuban that Kidd. However, i kind of attribute it too when a player arrives in Oakland to play for the faid. They can be a cool guy only too turn into utter shit because of the enviroment they play in. In this case, if Allen played for the Mavs i would still be saying the same thing. It starts from their owner (much like Davis) and just trickles down to the players.
    True...but that comes down to understanding Cuban. His problem is that he is just so passionate and competitive that he lets it get the best of him. Most of the time, he has a valid complaint, but people just get tired of hearing the same person do all the talking and they eventually blow him off.

If a few other owners were as involved as he is...things might change.

Adopted Bronco:

What? Tim Duncan has never committed a foul in his life. Just ask him...he'll tell you that. Ginobili has perected the flop. It's insane how incredibly bitchy that team is.

Cuban makes complaints and a Kidd says something and suddenty the Mavs are worse than SA? Wow

19. The Following 2 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

You have got to be kidding me. Tim Duncan has never committed a foul in his mind.

I don't deny Cuban is a whiny bitch about the refs. It cost him a couple of million dollars in fines a NBA Championship in '06. However, he is not the same owner he once was. Much more laid back. He has lost his everyone is out to get the Mavs mentality. Maybe he's maturing.
    If you ain't Dutch, you ain't much.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information