Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Free Agents the Broncos are talking to...

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by NightTerror218 View Post
    That would change if we land Manning because its obvious for a SB push and we have some big gaps to fill. If they are not getting the holes filled in FA, or enough filled in the draft, I see picks traded for players, which is not building through the draft.
    If they approach it that way, I will be very disappointed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    Highly doubt thats the way they will go. If we made the playoffs and got a win under a very green QB than having Manning does not mean you have to build through FA.

3. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

you only have 2-3 years with Manning and you want to make it to SB. We have huge secondary holes, MLB, DT and RB. Rookies are not the best to be thrown into the mix when pushing for SB. That or could see lots of player trades for vets who have a couple years left in tank.

WIth just acquiring Manning I do no see us as a SB winner. I see us as consistent playoff team but that is where it ends. I do not know if we could contend with Pats/Ravens/Steelers/Texans.

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Highly doubt thats the way they will go. If we made the playoffs and got a win under a very green QB than having Manning does not mean you have to build through FA.
    Besides the steelers other playoff teams owned us. We have holes that need to be filled or else this season could be repeated.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

you only have 2-3 years with Manning and you want to make it to SB. We have huge secondary holes, MLB, DT and RB. Rookies are not the best to be thrown into the mix when pushing for SB. That or could see lots of player trades for vets who have a couple years left in tank.

WIth just acquiring Manning I do no see us as a SB winner. I see us as consistent playoff team but that is where it ends. I do not know if we could contend with Pats/Ravens/Steelers/Texans.
    Acquiring other team's trash isn't the answer.

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Acquiring other team's trash isn't the answer.
    Not trash but guys with a couple years left in the tank. If this team is not close to SB and we get Manning, will he retire after getting big guaranteed money in signing bonus?

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

While Denver needs depth and certain positions filled its not like they are a deplorable defense. The most important thing that Denver needs above all else is too stay healthy.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Not trash but guys with a couple years left in the tank. If this team is not close to SB and we get Manning, will he retire after getting big guaranteed money in signing bonus?
    It doesn't work. Take a look at what Philly did last year.

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived slim For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

While Denver needs depth and certain positions filled its not like they are a deplorable defense. The most important thing that Denver needs above all else is too stay healthy.
    Stay healthy and must get some secondary, DT and a mike. Our defense was slightly better then middle of the road. And while I love our WRs, I think they are going to be put to much more to the test with Manning. I just hope they do not have the drops like last season or wrong routes out of system. I also hope they do more then just a double move every route. I hope J. Thomas is healthy because Manning used Clark a lot and likes using a TE.

Also if we get manning, I do not think we need to pursue a RB in the draft since we will have a gunslinger offense and Mcgahee should be good.

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

They went after all stars. I am talking about guys who are Vets and good who are looking for the last SB. I did not say get who ever could be a pro bowler. Like Dawkins. Philly got all the ego and no leader last year. Their team was all over the place.

Denver knows that there are other free agents available, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

Adopted Bronco:
    Derek Wolfe

Yea, you should only use FA's to fill a few holes. Going and getting 4 or 5 of the top 20 guys justs costs a lot of money and doesn't necessarily fix progression issues or make you better.

Like I think a top FA DT and a rookie DT makes more sense than spending the money for 2 top FA DT's. Same reason you don't go after Mario Williams when you have Von and Doom. Doom is the high payed vet, and Von is the young stud. When Doom's next payday comes up you evaluate whether he is worth it or not and if he isn't you spend a high pick on a DE since Von will have a few years under his belt.

15. The Following User High Fived BigDaddyBronco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Stay healthy and must get some secondary, DT and a mike. Our defense was slightly better then middle of the road. And while I love our WRs, I think they are going to be put to much more to the test with Manning. I just hope they do not have the drops like last season or wrong routes out of system. I also hope they do more then just a double move every route. I hope J. Thomas is healthy because Manning used Clark a lot and likes using a TE.

Also if we get manning, I do not think we need to pursue a RB in the draft since we will have a gunslinger offense and Mcgahee should be good.
    Nah, cant settle for just McGahee. While you dont have to draft a RB there still needs to be someone to spell Willis and be there in case he gets injured. I would still like to have a legit FB in the backfield as well. As for the testing of the WR's i dont think it will be a huge problem. Manning is accurate and probably the most adjusting they will have to do is the velocity of which the passes come to them but those are things you can work out in TC and pre-season. Getting secondary, DT, and Mike can all be addressed the next 3 years quite easily. Even with our current safeties who will get more experience i think we will be just fine. The biggest change and help the defense will get is more rest on the sideline and an offense that will put up more than 10-17 points a game. But overall health will be the biggest deciding factor.

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Quote Originally Posted by weazel View Post
    Denver knows that there are other free agents available, right?
    That was why I saw saying if they do not fill the holes in FA or draft. If they want to throw rookies right into a SB run.

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Nah, cant settle for just McGahee. While you dont have to draft a RB there still needs to be someone to spell Willis and be there in case he gets injured. I would still like to have a legit FB in the backfield as well. As for the testing of the WR's i dont think it will be a huge problem. Manning is accurate and probably the most adjusting they will have to do is the velocity of which the passes come to them but those are things you can work out in TC and pre-season. Getting secondary, DT, and Mike can all be addressed the next 3 years quite easily. Even with our current safeties who will get more experience i think we will be just fine. The biggest change and help the defense will get is more rest on the sideline and an offense that will put up more than 10-17 points a game. But overall health will be the biggest deciding factor.

You are not understanding what i am saying. What ever team Manning is going to is going to be pushing for SB. That is what Denver will do. You cant wait 3 years to fill holes with an aging Manning on the team. As the the WR ya having Manning will make it easier on them. But running the wrong route (like decker did several times) wont matter with an accurate passer back there. I am hoping drops wont be an issue next season no matter who the QB is.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information