Poll: Should the Board allow for a Sales/Swap/Auction area for tickets and/or Broncos Gear/Merchandise

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Swap/Auction forum?

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Default Swap/Auction forum?

In the past the board has not allowed any type of merchandise sales, or ticket swaps etc. But there have been brief discussions about setting up a Swap/Auction area, but limiting it to posters who had met a minimum criteria of time here, or post count.

The issue has come up again, and maybe we should discuss it, and see how the board feels.

The argument against having such a thing is that it attracts people who are only looking to make a buck vs. trying to add to the conversation, which is the primary reason most of us are here.

On the other hand. If a long-time contributor needs help swapping some tickets or something Broncos related, isn't this the perfect place to find friends who might be interested?

Please give your input as to having an area like this, and also your thoughts on whether a minimum post count should be required, and at what level that would be at.

Adopted Bronco:
    Von

Go for the having to have a certain amount of TIME here - not necessarily post count - if you do it based on post count it will increase spam (well spam from noobs )

I think its a great idea - esp for ticket purposes (esp this year as many may be dumping them in protest to the McJaygate)

Im still going to any broncos game i can - dont care who is behind center - I love my broncos!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    More Americans have been killed by New England Patriots players than by Ebola.

3. The Following 4 Users High Fived OB For This Post:

I like the idea of having it.

As long as its someone we all know, or have known for a while then its cool with me..

Like say- MUG for example- he is relatively new here, but we all know him from BM back in the day.

Someone like a jwalk or jakesbeard or someone we have never heard of, then its leary.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    broncos_mtnman

I think it should go in the tailgating section.

I would like to trade NTL for J Walk.

tia
    2012: The Year that Mo Got Laid

7. The Following 4 Users High Fived Rex For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    All of 'em

I think it would be OK but only if the member had been here for a specified time. If you make it by post count it could get ugly.
    Merry.

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived Day1BroncoFan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I think it would be OK but only if the member had been here for a specified time. If you make it by post count it could get ugly.
    True! But what if the poster only makes 2 posts and he/she meets the required time but doesn't really know anyone and is able to have access to the forum! First, you require the poster to have introduced himself/herself in the Introduction Forum (which I have to do myself). Secondly, make it a 1 to 3 month probationary period being judged off the required amount of posts needed to qualify and then Thirdly, have a group (sortof like the politics forum) approve them as trustworthy!

11. The Following 3 Users High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cswil View Post
    I would like to trade NTL for J Walk.

tia
    I think NTL would need to unban him first.

Adopted Bronco:
    All of 'em

Quote Originally Posted by BroncosBlitz View Post
    True! But what if the poster only makes 2 posts and he/she meets the required time but doesn't really know anyone and is able to have access to the forum! First, you require the poster to have introduced himself/herself in the Introduction Forum (which I have to do myself). Secondly, make it a 1 to 3 month probationary period being judged off the required amount of posts needed to qualify and then Thirdly, have a group (sortof like the politics forum) approve them as trustworthy!
    I think if you make the time 6 months that would pretty much eliminate most that would want to come for the quick sale. Adding a minimum post count of200 would stop someone from coming back in 6 months to sell something else 6 months later.

I think a seperate opt-in forum may or may not work but in that case whats the use?

You could have a poll on a particular user to waiver those requirements according to the results for those that come in later that everyone knows but they have few posts and short time.
    Merry.

14. The Following User High Fived Day1BroncoFan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mike Leach

I don't want to see a bunch of merchandise sales here, to be honest. One of a kind items are different, but if someone has a giant lot of Broncos t-shirts, they should head to eBay.

I guess I really don't want a swap/auction forum at all. I think in special circumstances (like MtnMan wanting to sell his season tickets), exceptions can be made by the admin. I don't want people here who are only interested in making a buck off of me and my community.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benetto View Post
    Orton can't single left handedly ruin everything on O.
    We didn't lose the game; we just ran out of time. - Vince Lombardi

"I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."
    — Marilyn Monroe

Quote Originally Posted by pnbronco View Post
    dang it go drink some Fireball and find your own dang chicken....

16. The Following 4 Users High Fived frauschieze For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I think if you make the time 6 months that would pretty much eliminate most that would want to come for the quick sale. Adding a minimum post count of200 would stop someone from coming back in 6 months to sell something else 6 months later.

I think a seperate opt-in forum may or may not work but in that case whats the use?

You could have a poll on a particular user to waiver those requirements according to the results for those that come in later that everyone knows but they have few posts and short time.
    The more ideas thrown out there, the better options you have to choose from! You could make it 6 months/12 months and a 1000 post count, it would be up to the community to deem someone trusthworthy.

Firstly, introducing yourself is a big thing and I surprised that this site doesn't make it mandatory to do it before posting like some various forums do. And having a group decide, they are trusthworthy would be another factor. I'm not a swapper or seller, just throwing ideas out there!

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

I'd propose that they need to be a member who have logged in regularly for at least 1 year. I know "regularly" is a relative term so it would be up to the moderators to make that decision. It would probable be better if they show lenience in their judgement.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

I think there should be some loose time/post minimums, but there could also be mod and/or community discretion. if people feel like a post is spam, or the user hasn't earned the privilege to 'advertise' then the threads can be reported and dealt with.

if it's just a post count minimum, then west could have been selling roofies to forum members 10 minutes after signing up!
    Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    I don't know much about anything. In fact, I am one of the dumbest people alive.

20. The Following 2 Users High Fived shank For This Post:

I'm for it, but only with restrictions, such as a post/membership length retirement. I don't want it to be for people just looking to make a buck. More like for long time members/solid contributors to trade/sell items/tickets they no longer want (or need to get rid of because of financial things) and want them to go to somebody who will enjoy them, ie, another Bronco fan.
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

Adopted Bronco:
    The Infallible Matt McChesney

Jay Cutler jersey on sale.

PM for details.

tia
    Quote Originally Posted by OaklandRaider View Post
    But what can you say to an intelligent Raider fan?

23. The Following User High Fived Broncospsycho77 For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information