Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Ghostbusters III in the works!

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

I am not sure where that quote is from Zweem.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Update:

'ghostbusters iii': Harold ramis offers details, says original cast will be back
    apr 3, 2009, 03:55 pm | by missy schwartz
    categories: Movie biz

Earlier this week at showest, sony pictures' rory bruer confirmed long-circulating rumors that the studio was pursuing a third installment of ghostbusters. You won't hear harold ramis contradicting him. According to ramis, who cowrote and starred in the first two ghostbusters, a third journey into the comedic supernatural is in the cards. And yes, the original cast will return: Dan aykroyd, ernie hudson, rick moranis, and even the elusive bill murray. "everybody said they'd do it," says ramis, who doesn't intend to direct ghostbusters iii. "they’ll be looking at younger actors [for the lead roles], i’m sure. But we’ll be in it as mentors or advisers. I think the first one captured something that hadn’t been seen for a long time: The combination of scary movies and smart broad comedy. That was a great comic edge to play. Fortunately, we stopped before we beat it into the ground. If we’d done a third one then, no one would want to see one now, i think, cause we were headin’ downhill, even with the second one," he laughs. "we’ll see, everyone’s gonna have to love the [ghostbusters iii] script to move it forward."

But it might be a while before anyone sees the screenplay. Gene stupinksy and lee eisenberg, the exec-producers of the office who also cowrote june's upcoming year one with ramis, are toiling away on a draft, but because "they work full-time on the office, the script process is slow," says ramis.

"Even if there was a great script by the end of the summer, it would be a year before [we could go into production]. It’s a big movie. Lots of prep." as for the plot, it won't have anything to do with the "ghostbusters go to hell" premise that aykroyd had cooked up in the '90s. (at the time, he and ramis were thinking of casting chris farley, chris rock, and ben stiller.) "as soon as danny said it, i thought that was really funny. But now there’s a new concept," ramis says. "and it’s interesting, beyond the kind of mythology of it, there’s a personal story that’s pretty grounded."
    Last edited by MasterShake; 04-06-2009 at 03:07 AM.

3. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mike Leach

Quote Originally Posted by Thnikkaman View Post
    I would like to see Seth Green as one of the new Ghostbusters.
    Hell.
    Yeah.

:swoon:
    Quote Originally Posted by Benetto View Post
    Orton can't single left handedly ruin everything on O.
    We didn't lose the game; we just ran out of time. - Vince Lombardi

"I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."
    — Marilyn Monroe

Quote Originally Posted by pnbronco View Post
    dang it go drink some Fireball and find your own dang chicken....

5. The Following User High Fived frauschieze For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information