Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: I hate Tiger Woods

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by MissouriBronc View Post
    I think the reason a lot of people, including sneakers here, might not like him is the reason I do like him. Everything is dramatic with the guy. He makes it interesting to watch. Like Greg Norman. Or Seve Ballesteros. They are just fun to watch. Its the Drama.

Some of these young guys can compete with him I think. I hope its Anthony Kim. I really like this kid. He has a little flare for the dramatic in him too.
    Like so many great young talents Anthony Kim needs to grow up. Where Tiger was mature way beyond his years, and was a top-notch professional right from the start, Kim is 180 degrees his opposite. Out partying all the time, drinking and missing practice rounds/showing up late.

Maybe he'll grow up soon, but if you don't like Woods' personality, you sure wouldn't like Kim's. Actually, I take that back. Kim is a "fun" guy. Probably everyone around him likes being around him, but he doesn't take his work as serious as Woods.

If he had the drive that Woods does, Kim has all the talent in the world, and could certainly compete with Woods.

Quote Originally Posted by MissouriBronc View Post
    I think the reason a lot of people, including sneakers here, might not like him is the reason I do like him. Everything is dramatic with the guy. He makes it interesting to watch. Like Greg Norman. Or Seve Ballesteros. They are just fun to watch. Its the Drama.

Some of these young guys can compete with him I think. I hope its Anthony Kim. I really like this kid. He has a little flare for the dramatic in him too.
    Why? Because he lives up to the hype? He doesnt talk shit or create the drama.....the media does. He just goes out and wins.

Ballesteros and Norman could not hold Tiger's bag. Period.

He is a once in a generation player and anyone who is a fan of golf or sports in general should take notice.
    2012: The Year that Mo Got Laid

3. The Following 5 Users High Fived Rex For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by DallasChief View Post
    Bill Russell, 13 seasons, 11 titles.
    pwned.

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

Quote Originally Posted by cswil View Post
    Why? Because he lives up to the hype? He doesnt talk shit or create the drama.....the media does. He just goes out and wins.

Ballesteros and Norman could not hold Tiger's bag. Period.

He is a once in a generation player and anyone who is a fan of golf or sports in general should take notice.
    John Daly is twice the man Tiger is.

Thanks MO for the wicked Sig.

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived claymore For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

Personally, I like to watch Zach Johnson. But I'm also a homer.
    I got mind control while I'm here
    You goin' hate me when I'm gone
    Ain't no blood clot and no fear
    I got hope inside of my bones

Of course Clay. He is white trash too......I bet your worship him.

9. The Following User High Fived Rex For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

Of course Clay. He is white trash too......I bet your worship him.
    I love him. He excells at golf, and he parties to.

Quote Originally Posted by claymore View Post
    I love him. He excells at golf, and he parties to.
    Oh yeah. He "EXCELLS".

If it were not for sponsor exemptions and the morbid infatuation with the trainwreck, he wold not get into a tourney.

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

Oh yeah. He "EXCELLS".

If it were not for sponsor exemptions and the morbid infatuation with the trainwreck, he wold not get into a tourney.
    Just another example of how golf isnt a sport. If you can smoke, and drink while doing it, its a game.

Just another example of how golf isnt a sport. If you can smoke, and drink while doing it, its a game.
    Too bad smoking and drinking aint a pro sport. You would make people forget about Tiger Woods.

14. The Following User High Fived Rex For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

I new guys who would trip on Acid while playing defensive back in High School football, does that disqualify Football as a sport?
    I got mind control while I'm here
    You goin' hate me when I'm gone
    Ain't no blood clot and no fear
    I got hope inside of my bones

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

Quote Originally Posted by Thnikkaman View Post
    I new guys who would trip on Acid while playing defensive back in High School football, does that disqualify Football as a sport?
    Thats a whole nuther level. Hopefully neither one of those guys got hurt.

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

Too bad smoking and drinking aint a pro sport. You would make people forget about Tiger Woods.
    Id be Michael Jordan/Tiger woods of that sport.

Adopted Bronco:
    Von

Camilo Villegas

But tiger for excitement and talent - everytime you think he has an impossible shot - the dude pulls one out of his ass

Although I like to root for the underdog - so i seldom root for tiger to actually win
    Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    More Americans have been killed by New England Patriots players than by Ebola.

19. The Following User High Fived OB For This Post:

The shadow of Pikes Peak (aka the lee of the stone)
    Adopted Bronco:
    Wesley Woodyard

There are a lot of athletes who have the talent to be great.

There are a lot of athletes who have the drive to be great.

But very few have both.

Every once in a while, there's an athlete that comes along that has incredible talent and unbelievable drive. Jordan was a rail-skinny kid who could score at will in the lane, but people dogged his defense. So he bulked up and honed himself into an All-NBA defender. Then he was a one man show only, so he hooked up with Phil Jackson, bought into the team concept and changed his game. Then his knees started to go so he developed an unstoppable fall-away jumper. He turned Scottie Pippen into an all-time great as well, and an even better defender than Jordan himself. He ground some players to dust and sharpened the games of the rest, so that when he needed a shot made, he knew Pax or Kerr had the will to make the shot. He hated to lose at golf, or cribbage, or tiddlywinks, and bought a pool table and practiced in all his spare time when one teammate housed him at a game of billiards once. He punched other players in practice.

Jordan hated to lose more than you loved to win, and that's why he beat you. Great talent, and unstoppable will. Dominique Wilkins was as talented as Jordan, just not as driven. Drexler too. There were plenty of guys with game, they just didn't have Jordan's will.

Golf is the same with Tiger. Players wilt with him in the field. Other guys take years to come back from knee surgery. Tiger had a top-10 finish and a win in starts #2 and #3 back from it. He was unstoppable as a young phenom, but didn't like Harmon taking credit for his swing, so he rebuilt it from the ground up just to spite him. It cost him victories in the interim, but nobody takes credit for Tiger. He fired his caddy for talking about him to the media. He keeps his friends close and everyone else outside the gates, like Jordan. You will never know him through the media, and that's the way he wants it. He's a control freak - everything that can be controlled will be controlled, and more than you think can be controlled.

He curses on the golf course. He throws clubs and tantrums. But that focuses him. His very next shot after chucking his club after playing out of a sandtrap? A tough 12 foot putt for par to save a stroke and eventually win this tourney.

Phil's in better shape this year, and there are some golfers out there that aren't afraid of Tiger and so might be able to take him in tournaments down the road. But Tiger's gonna take more than his fair share, because he always does, and because he simply will not be denied for long.

*shrugs* He's the greatest golfer that ever lived, and he proves it every time he steps out on a golf course. You don't have to like him, but you should appreciate him.

Any time you're watching the greatest to ever play, you should appreciate it. It just doesn't come around that often.

~G
    "Dream as if you will live forever. Live as if you'll die today."
    -- James Dean

My novels Mason's Order and its sequel Mason's Pledge are now available at Amazon in both paperback and kindle versions.

21. The Following 7 Users High Fived G_Money For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information