Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Cutler a winner?

Quote Originally Posted by LoyalSoldier View Post
    The Buffalo game rating is lying to you. Cutler scored 2 rushing TDs in that game. Not to mention the Defense blew a lead going into the 4th quarter. They gave up a 65 yard pass when we needed them to hold.

I refuse to blame the Buffalo game on Cutler. Blame the Miami game and even the NE game if you would like since Cutler played like a dog in those games, but the Buffalo game was almost all the defense's problem.

Our offense would have scored somewhere around 28 points if the defense wasn't forcing us to go for it on 4th down multiple times.
    I only remember going for it on 4th down once and that was at the end of the game when Cutler missed an open Stokley (again). But yeah lets just forget about the 4th quarter goal line INT and 10 4th quarter incompletions.

I'll share the blame myself.

Adopted Bronco:
    Champ Bailey

Quote Originally Posted by tubby View Post
    I only remember going for it on 4th down once and that was at the end of the game when Cutler missed an open Stokley (again). But yeah lets just forget about the 4th quarter goal line INT and 10 4th quarter incompletions.

I'll share the blame myself.
    I forgot to erase that last part. I was going to talk about the San Diego game which is where that came from. I wasn't referring to the Buffalo game.
    Last edited by LoyalSoldier; 03-29-2009 at 08:22 PM.
    The bronco chemist.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon Stokley

The Buffalo game rating is lying to you. Cutler scored 2 rushing TDs in that game. Not to mention the Defense blew a lead going into the 4th quarter. They gave up a 65 yard pass when we needed them to hold.

I refuse to blame the Buffalo game on Cutler. Blame the Miami game and even the NE game if you would like since Cutler played like a dog in those games, but the Buffalo game was almost all the defense's problem.

Our offense would have scored somewhere around 28 points if the defense wasn't forcing us to go for it on 4th down multiple times.
    Its funny to me, Every QB in this league has bad games. Manning threw 6 Int's in one game and people want to only look at the few bad games Cutler has had.

If every QB in the league was held to that slandered, they all would be be seen as terrible QB's..

Asked at what point would it be in the best interest of the team to trade Cutler, McDaniels answered: "Never." Nice to see your a man of your word Josh

Adopted Bronco:
    broncos_mtnman

This is one of my all time favorite excuses.

What baffles me is, if our Offense was SOOO spectacular led by the second coming himself "Jay CUtler" they why weren't we hanging 35 ppg on teams? OUr offense was 2nd in the league at yards gained with 395.8 ypg, but 16th in the league in scoring averaging 23.1 ppg.

I will give you our D sucked, but our O sure didn't help much. Especially
    In the games we lost:
    Oak at Den 31-10
    Den at CAR 30-10
    Buf at Den 30-23
    Den at SD 52-21
    Mia at Den 26-17
    Den at NE 41-7
    Jac at Den 24-17
    Den at KC 33-19

In the games we lost, our offense only averaged 15.5 ppg.
    Ya, its all on the defense.

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived Watchthemiddle For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Knowshon Moreno

I rarely "bash" Cutler's play as I think he is a good QB, although not as good as some on this board seem to think...but I disagree with you. The Broncos had 2 chances to score towards the end of the game and Cutler threw an INT in the redzone and missed 2 or 3 WIDE open recievers that likely would have resulted in TD's if he would have hit them. I think Cutler is generally very good in the 4th Q, but he flat out did not get it done in the most important game he has ever played in the NFL.

Adopted Bronco:
    Champ Bailey

Quote Originally Posted by Watchthemiddle View Post
    This is one of my all time favorite excuses.

What baffles me is, if our Offense was SOOO spectacular led by the second coming himself "Jay CUtler" they why weren't we hanging 35 ppg on teams? OUr offense was 2nd in the league at yards gained with 395.8 ypg, but 16th in the league in scoring averaging 23.1 ppg.

I will give you our D sucked, but our O sure didn't help much. Especially
    In the games we lost:
    Oak at Den 31-10
    Den at CAR 30-10
    Buf at Den 30-23
    Den at SD 52-21
    Mia at Den 26-17
    Den at NE 41-7
    Jac at Den 24-17
    Den at KC 33-19

In the games we lost, our offense only averaged 15.5 ppg.
    Ya, its all on the defense.
    Well in a normal game wouldn't you try to kick a field goal if it was 4th down and you were inside field goal range right? Instead we went for it on 4th down because our defense was allowing a score every single possession.

Here is the Charger's drive summery from the last game.

Field Goal
    Touchdown
    Touchdown
    Touchdown
    End of Half
    Touchdown
    Touchdown
    Punt
    Touchdown
    Touchdown

There is no way in hell that doesn't effect the offense.
    The bronco chemist.

8. The Following User High Fived LoyalSoldier For This Post:

You can make all the excuses you want. When a playoff birth was on the line the last 3 weeks of the season Cutler sucked.

Week 15 @ CAR - QB rating 74.3
    Week 16 BUF - QB rating 72.4
    Week 17 @ SD - QB rating 74.9

TD to INT ratio during the last 3 weeks of the season......1:2

Cutler has yet to win a meaningfull game in his NFL career. Will he ever? TBD

Dude Elway is the suxor!!1!! he can't win the big o.... oh, shit sorry. Wrong discussion.

Adopted Bronco:
    Knowshon Moreno

Quote Originally Posted by fcspikeit View Post
    Its funny to me, Every QB in this league has bad games. Manning threw 6 Int's in one game and people want to only look at the few bad games Cutler has had.

If every QB in the league was held to that slandered, they all would be be seen as terrible QB's..
    There are probably 10 people max on here who think Cutler is a bad QB, so stop exaggerating using hyperbole. Most of the "Cutler bashers" simply dislike certain aspects of his personality/attitude and don't think that he is as good as many on here make him out to be.

11. The Following 5 Users High Fived honz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Champ Bailey

Quote Originally Posted by OMorange&blue View Post
    Dude Elway is the suxor!!1!! he can't win the big o.... oh, shit sorry. Wrong discussion.
    It is actually quite ironic that Elway's situation and Cutler's have more parallels than people are willing at admit. Shows you Denver hasn't changed in 21 years.
    The bronco chemist.

Quote Originally Posted by OMorange&blue View Post
    When all else fails lets compare Jay Cutler to John Elway. Perfect.

14. The Following User High Fived tubby For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon Stokley

Quote Originally Posted by honz View Post
    There are probably 10 people max on here who think Cutler is a bad QB, so stop exaggerating using hyperbole. Most of the "Cutler bashers" simply dislike certain aspects of his personality/attitude and don't think that he is as good as many on here make him out to be.
    I'll be honest, when I set out to compare Cutler's win lose record with the other good QB's who have played this game, I really thought he would be around 0. Meaning he was as good as the average good-great QB.

I was really surprised to see how well he stacked up against the very greatest of all time. In his first 3 years, what he has been able to do is incredible! He has done even better that I gave him credit for..

He looks to only get better then he has been, he has improved over each year. Even if he didn't get any better, it would be crazy to even consider trading him.

Also, I didn't mean to exaggerate, I like to think there are still more Broncos fans that know how good Cutler is. Therefore I wouldn't intentionally imply there are more who bash his play then there are who praise it.
    Last edited by fcspikeit; 03-29-2009 at 11:09 PM.

Asked at what point would it be in the best interest of the team to trade Cutler, McDaniels answered: "Never." Nice to see your a man of your word Josh

16. The Following User High Fived fcspikeit For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    broncos_mtnman

Well in a normal game wouldn't you try to kick a field goal if it was 4th down and you were inside field goal range right? Instead we went for it on 4th down because our defense was allowing a score every single possession.

Here is the Charger's drive summery from the last game.

Field Goal
    Touchdown
    Touchdown
    Touchdown
    End of Half
    Touchdown
    Touchdown
    Punt
    Touchdown
    Touchdown

There is no way in hell that doesn't effect the offense.
    Same can be said about our offense going 3 and out repeatedly and turning the ball over inside the red zone adn coming away with 0 points. Even just coming away with 3 instead of 7 sure does effect the defense.

The Charger game was anything but normal.

The Chargers game is another game often used as an excuse to bash the defense. Even if we take that game out of the equation, our offense averaged under 15ppg in our loses.

Again, our defense was horrific but in our loses, our offense did not help much. Don't give me this FG stuff either and going for it on 4th down. Maybe in the Chargers game, but in the other 7 loses going for it on 4th down inside FG range was rare.

18. The Following User High Fived Watchthemiddle For This Post:

yes he is ...oh sorry, thought you were asking if Cutler was a whiner.

Seriously, I think Cutler has all the skill in the world and given the right circumstances, he could lead the Broncos to a trophy or two. The one thing holding him back at the moment is his lack of composure.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

20. The Following User High Fived weazel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Darrent Williams

is cutler a winner? 17-20, NO
    doesnt matter about anything else, the defense or whatever, it might not be cutlers fault that his team loses, but he is part of that team is he not? If you are on a team that loses you too are losing. he didnt win much in college either.... calvin johnson is still a loser yet is it his fault his team is losing? NO! football is a team sport, you cant just blame one person for winning or losing, you win together and you lose together.... if you guys want to watch an individual sport go watch golf or tennis..... this is a team sport the broncos are 17-20 since cutler took over thats a losing record

cutlers a loser bottom line
    Wishlist -
    Rey Maualuga (that right Lynch?)
    Tyson Jackson
    Connor Barwin
    Shonn Greene
    Dominique Johnson
    Terrance Taylor
    Ricky Jean - Francis
    Graham Harrell
    Patrick Turner

You can make all the excuses you want. When a playoff birth was on the line the last 3 weeks of the season Cutler sucked.

Week 15 @ CAR - QB rating 74.3
    Week 16 BUF - QB rating 72.4
    Week 17 @ SD - QB rating 74.9

TD to INT ratio during the last 3 weeks of the season......1:2

Cutler has yet to win a meaningfull game in his NFL career. Will he ever? TBD

hey he beat San at home last year.. almost single handed

oh I forgot that was the Game Eddie bailed him out it..

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information