Thread: Potential security issue

Default Potential security issue

Don't know if this is the right place for this, or not, and it might be localized to just my computer, but I run 2 different AV programs and have not experienced any trouble before.

Anyway, about 20 minutes ago I clicked on page 2 of the "J-Cut better win" thread and got one of those phony "Your computer is infected" pop-ups. When I clicked to close it a new tab opened in my Firefox that looked like a "My Computer" window, then started looking like it was downloading a program, but I don't know whether it actually was or not. I closed everything pretty quickly, so I don't remember the specific names, etc, and I am running my AV right now to see if anything pops up.

Just wanted to let someone know, as my computer is usually pretty secure, and wondering if something may have gotten through the BF server security, just want to give a heads up is all.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

i havent had any problem like that on this site.

I have had the same thing happen to me a few times,not necessarily on here.I guess stuff like that can and does get past the pop up blocker.I just click the X in the corner of the window to get rid of it because clicking cancel can sometimes bring up another pop up.

Just got back from a business trip, been pretty out of touch the last 2 weeks.

I'm not getting any popups on either IE or firefox. I ran a virus scan on the server and it came back clean.

Anyone else having this happen?

More than likely, it's spyware on your computer that is popping up ads when you go to websites. I'm not real current, but hijack this used to be a removal tool for this type of spyware and could be used check your pc.

5. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Okay, just wanted to make sure. It popped up at the just as page 2 was loading, which I guess is what really got me thinking may have gotten into the BF servers, just perfect timing I guess.

Anyway, my computer is scrubbed all clean now as well.

I'll take a look at page 2 specifically. I didn't go through all the pages. Still trying to catch up on what's gone on since I've been gone.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information